Author Topic: Robbie Tarrant retires [merged]  (Read 38206 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger’s table 2 year deal to Robbie Tarrant
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2021, 09:29:12 AM »
What about Tarrant for Caddy?

Or 

CCJ and Caddy for Tarrant and 20
We don’t have to trade for Tarrant as he is an UFA.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2021, 10:01:19 AM »

Or 

True but as someone pointed out to me, sign him as UFA and we likely lose the Chol compo pick
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »

Or 

True but as someone pointed out to me, sign him as UFA and we likely lose the Chol compo pick

Correct, so we need to trade a 4th rounder for Tarrant to receive a 3rd rounder for Chol.
Win, Win…..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:13:20 PM by Loui Tufga »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2021, 11:56:59 AM »

Or 

Yes, however North would only entertain a trade for Tarrant if they were convinced they would get zero compo...

...and knowing the AFL with their secret formula that would probably ensure North get something.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2021, 08:08:00 PM »
From a North supporter ...

Quote from: The Anvil
I think you’ll find a number of North posters offering a very late pick to get it done in good faith, that’s the mark and good on us for the generous offer.

The tigers should be concentrating on how to get Tarrant via trade, that’s where the value is in saving the Chol compo.

Just a note, the tigers poached a required player and part of the leadership team. Let’s not pretend the tigers have morals. Tarrant leaves with our blessing as we need to refresh up the backline anyway, but it doesn’t discount it’s a dog act.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/25-robbie-tarrant-nm-confirm-taz-will-depart-the-club-2yr-deal-at-rfc-174-nm-games-44-nm-goals-thx-for-everything-taz.411573/post-72388928

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2021, 08:56:37 PM »
From a North supporter ...

Quote from: The Anvil
I think you’ll find a number of North posters offering a very late pick to get it done in good faith, that’s the mark and good on us for the generous offer.

The tigers should be concentrating on how to get Tarrant via trade, that’s where the value is in saving the Chol compo.

Just a note, the tigers poached a required player and part of the leadership team. Let’s not pretend the tigers have morals. Tarrant leaves with our blessing as we need to refresh up the backline anyway, but it doesn’t discount it’s a dog act.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/25-robbie-tarrant-nm-confirm-taz-will-depart-the-club-2yr-deal-at-rfc-174-nm-games-44-nm-goals-thx-for-everything-taz.411573/post-72388928

Just so I am clear this required player, member of their leadership team was so important to N0rt they offered him a one year contract and it wasn't until he was approached by Richmond they upped their offer.

Yep they've treated him exceptionally well  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »
Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge said Richmond will be trading for Tarrant because we want the Chol FA compo.

https://www.facebook.com/AFL/videos/936573516939701

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2021, 12:34:06 PM »
So do we think it will be Tarrant & 28 for CCJ & 20?
Or CCJ for 38?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2021, 02:45:51 PM »
"We had a two-year deal on the table for Robbie Tarrant, he's picked Richmond and we're very disappointed. But we understand why he'd chase a premiership somewhere else."

- Kangaroos list manager, Glenn Luff.

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1443759293803610112

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2021, 02:54:30 PM »
Richmond’s Jack Riewoldt has endorsed the club’s move for North Melbourne’s Robbie Tarrant.

The 32-year-old defender is expected to join the Tigers as an unrestricted free agent this trade period having informed the Kangaroos of his plans to move on from Arden Street.

The impending capture of Tarrant has been welcomed by Riewoldt who feels the 174-game backman will be the perfect replacement for the retired David Astbury.

“He’s going to be a good addition to our football club, if it all goes through which I think will happen pretty seamlessly,” he said on SEN Hobart’s Jack & Painey.

“Robbie Tarrant is going to be a great addition to the Richmond Football Club. A big, strong key back. He’s had a few health issues over the last 12 months, which are behind him now.

“I found him difficult to play on. He belted me one day, an absolute ripper, clocked me over the head when I took a mark. I wasn’t too rapt about that, I might have had a few words back about that one so I’ll have to smooth the waters early on with him.

“Hopefully with him coming in to fill the Astbury void, they’ll be big shoes to fill, and obviously strengthen up our backline as well.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/30/riewoldt-comments-on-tarrant-to-richmond-rance-to-essendon/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2021, 03:19:13 PM »
Richmond are set to welcome in North Melbourne defender Robbie Tarrant and are keen to do so via a trade, as opposed to free agency, as to not impact their compensation for losing Mabior Chol to the Gold Coast Suns.

North Melbourne list boss Glenn Luff told AFL Trade Radio recently that Tarrant would likely be exiting the club through a trade agreement.

“We’re not entirely sure (if the Tigers will trade for Tarrant). That’s probably the gut feel at the moment,” hinting an outcome could be revealed “in the next couple of days.”

Tarrant and Coleman-Jones look set to be part of two different deals with the two clubs still having a way to go before finding a middle ground.

https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-news-richmond-push-back-on-modest-coleman-jones-offer-91958/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2021, 07:14:35 PM »
If its real short term thinking we are doing with the aim of winning a flag next year then id be taking Talia as well as Tarrant. Take him on a 1 yr deal and if he goes alright give him another if we wish.

Now before everyone starts howling like rabid dogs at me for being so foolish here are the reasons why.

Basically its two things we are bereft of key forwards apart from 33 yr old Riewoldt and Lynch turns 30 next yr  there really is no one else.

With both Talia and Tarrant holding down the key defensive posts it allows two things.

We move Balta fwd i have been against this in the past mainly because we have not had good enough Kpds to allow us to make the move.The reality was there was only Astbury with Balta and Astbury is now gone. Talia replaces Astbury and Tarrant takes Balta's spot.

This also allows us to get rid of Garthwaite who is a list clogger and it allows more time For Nyuon to develop and it allows Miller the same.
If Miller shows he is good enough to keep one of Tarrant or Talia out of the side then its a win but he is still miles behind both and may not even survive being cut this trade period.

Cmon people it makes sense. We are having one last throw of the dice Tarrant and Talia cost virtually nothing other than their contracts.

It gives youngsters more needed time to develop and it doesnt hurt us with the draft hand we have, we are going primarily youth with picks 7, 15 hopefully 17 26, 28 38chol whatever we get for cc-j 42 and 47.we are going to take more than our share of kids and we are getting them with good picks .

OUR STRUCTURE FOR 2022

B:   #### - Talia - Grimes
HB: Broad - Tarrant - #### just an opinion but both Talia and Tarrant have been better players than Astbury.

C: #### - Martin - ####
R: Nankervis - #### - ####

HF: #### - Balta - Riewoldt
FF: #### - Lynch - ####

INT/ Soldo -

What is needed is another quality mid or two.

Anyway thats the logic if its one more throw of the dice then this is the way to go imo.
We shore up our key defensive stocks in the short term and we find a badly needed key fwd option possibly even in the long term.
With this if Jack or big Tom get badly injured we have a decent player in the team to ease the load.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2021, 07:48:30 PM »
Were not getting Tahlia, chose Tarrant I believe

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2021, 09:21:40 PM »
Were not getting Tahlia, chose Tarrant I believe
Sheesh its like pulling teeth i said Talia as well if its a flag we are chasing next yr. We do this to allow Balta to play fwd and give us some depth and cover in that area.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2021, 08:24:41 PM »
I like you lateral thinking on this one. I don’t think Balta is good enough as a KPF to play 22 games in the forward like though. I fear in this hypothetical it would end up like the Geelong experiment of Harry Taylor in the forward line. But I agree with the sentiment that if we seriously think a flag is attainable in 2022 then something creative has to happen because natural development and improvement of kids might not fix our forward line.

That being said the jump from 2016 to 17 was massive so maybe with the right coaching it can?