Author Topic: Tigers vs Pies  (Read 10011 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Pies
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
dale thomas over any of our recruits anyday.

funny thing is tambling, lids are made to look even more poo in our team because there are no class around.

just had a thought about buddy, roughead, griffen and whoever else.

we have such a pathetic losing culture at punt road that say we did pick up buddy, who knows we might be saying right now why didnt we get lids and tambling.

i think whoever walks through the doors at punt road inherits a losing culture. What chance do we have with a spin shi..tting coach and a captain who makes richi vandenberg seem like a brownlow medalist compared to him.

anyone hear wallace press conference when he danced around so many questions eventually confusing everyone with his alan didak possession game vrs the whole rfc.

he is soft and the players play like that. he says its not a weak thing. well i must be at the wrong game because what i saw is a bunch of soft c grade footballers who dont play for each other

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2008, 02:30:43 PM »
 :rollin you dont watch much football if your happy with Deledio
There is no comparison Thomas poos over Deledio,  his proven this with his solid on field performances
His exciting to watch & makes the crowd & commentators stand up & take notice
His a creator of the play & sets up goals & breaks his tags & breaks tackles as well as laying heavy tackles
Deledio cant even break a tag & struggles when the chips are down
where was he yesterday  :lol  he was receiving the ball most of the time & messing around with it leatherburns about 20+ worthless possies & red fingers why he would have had to scrub his hands from over use
Kingy even thought he was gunna get away & Thomas nailed him on his ass.  Kingy gives a bigger effort every week than Deledio & his off the rookie list & in his second year & he never shy away from a contest or a fight
Deledio is damaged goods by the TW coaching. you will find he will leave Tigerland in a few seasons he wont like the culture
One year player deserving of the Rising star but done nothing since.  Your saying he aint got the reins,  thats rubbish if Kingy can get around the ground so can Deledio its just he does not want to put the effort in.
Deledio has become a passenger & needs to use his footy smart brain more often & take on the game instead of helping with useless stats & needs to kick goals. He has the speed & the ability to make a change but goes missing all to often
TW needs to be sacked before Deledio moves onto another club cause thats what will happen come contract time someone will offer him something he wont get at Tigerland like playing in a premiership like Ottens
Dont use the senior players as Deledio or Tambling being passengers if Jake King can perform every week there is no reason for anyone to use that excuse its poor effort from all concerned l aint even started yet on Browny, McMahon, Newman, Pettifer, & a few others

Tigermonk

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »
im not 100% sure but i think cam wood was a tiger fan , why didnt we chase him to help patto. simmonds is finished, heavy lumbering slow turd and weak to boot

whats with the bs about his sprint and endurance power training. the dumb pooh runs on the spot and a fat old grandma can run faster than him

Glad you mention Patto there X
Patto can hold his tail in his hand with Kingy & Thursfield while the rest can hold their tales between thier legs
Remember l said the Hawks were sniffing Patto out of the Tiger den cause they held big raps for him well now you know why
Patto is a hawks supporter dont be surprised is he aint sniffed out of the camp
His one player who for his size stands out & he kicks goals when most needed & battles in the ruck & makes space to receive the ball
Simmonds should be destroying some of these Ruckmen but its Patto who is the best performer & l liked his game yesterday

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:50 PM »
tigermonk seriously if u were deledio or patto wouldn't u leave punt road.

with wallace there and no future with this list, these players will win flags with other clubs and thats a FACT!!

they will look at otto and rodan as inspirations and think well thats what i can look forward to if i leave this mess.

u can blame no one other than wallace when this happens.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
There is so much anger on this forum directed at TW and most of it is just emotive and reactive. I find it disappointing that people can't see that the senior players are as much, if not more, to blame with our insipit performances as the coach and that the predicament we find ourselves is a direct result of poor recruiting and trade decisions made by the last coach and administration.

I can understand people frustrations and I also understand some peoples beliefs due to their previous professional working relationships they held with the club but I want I can't understand is how everything that goes wrong is directed at the one sourse. This is exactly the reason we have never gone anywhere as a club in the last 25 years because we continually lay all the blame on the coach, sack him, bring in a new coach and when things go wong again we sack them and the cycle continues.

We need to look at the whole club not just the coach and we need to take in all the circumstances and facts before we lay emotive and reactive judgements. The fact is that we find ourselves in this situation because of poor recruiting, poor trading, poor administration and poor decisions by past and present Tigers people.

At the moment it as much to do with where we are at as a club as what we are doing. If we need to point the finger and find where to direct our blame then it is at the senior players. They have been underperforming for over a decade.

Yes TW has made errors and plenty of them but to say that we have no chance of success why he is at the helm is just short sighted and unfair.

It is time to stop blaming the coach for everything and start looking at the players, the administration and even the supporters for we all have had and still do, an impact on our current plight.

Its time to learn from our errors, look beyond the moment and take in all the facts before we react. If TW goes after all of that then at least we know it is because of the right reasons and not just because we are looking for a quick fix and a scape goat.

I don't want to make the same 25 year old mistake again. I'm sick of losing.

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »
As Kevin Sheedy once stated Terry Wallace can stick his Basketball gameplan, he won't win many games with it & will destroy football & the supporters will not tolerate it :thumbsup how true
a very alert old lady said to me yesterday where do l think we going wrong.  l said probably the same reason as you think not giving in easily to her.  Her reply was the aweful game plan l think we got to get rid of him,  l said who we got to get rid off, she replied Wallace & his other sidekicks. she was about 80 years old & makes sence to me

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2008, 03:21:35 PM »
Good point Tigermonk with Kingy. He does continue to work hard and fight for the ball and his teammates at every opportunity but he usually plays in a part of the ground where he doesn't have to rely upon his team mates to the same extent as Lids does.

In the backline you are more reactive and Kingy is tremendous at picking up the crumbs and working the ball out of the defensive arch. Unfortunately when he goes into the middle on the odd occasion he suffers the same problems (to a lesser degree of corse because he is not tagged) as Lids does and needs to win his own footy or wait for others to deliver it to him.

In the positions Lids plays he needs to fight alone to win the football ususally against multiple opponents, one hanging onto him all the time, where Thomas has others to support him. The delivery to Thomas in the forwardline is typically beautiful and regardless he is the 4th or 5th best option in the midfield or forwardline whereas Lids is usually first or second.

Kingy is not the player Lids is, despite his tenacity and the opposition knows it. This why he is unmercilessly tagged and why he recieves one of the best opposition defenders every week. in another team he wouldn't have to.

Kingy often wins more because he does not have to rely upon anyone...at this stage of his career Lids has too :(

Stripes

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2008, 03:37:05 PM »
As Kevin Sheedy once stated Terry Wallace can stick his Basketball gameplan, he won't win many games with it & will destroy football & the supporters will not tolerate it :thumbsup how true
a very alert old lady said to me yesterday where do l think we going wrong.  l said probably the same reason as you think not giving in easily to her.  Her reply was the aweful game plan l think we got to get rid of him,  l said who we got to get rid off, she replied Wallace & his other sidekicks. she was about 80 years old & makes sence to me

TW game plan is but one slice of the pie Tigermonk, the other parts are equally to blame but like our senior players, it would be unwise to throw away the whole cake before we create a new one.

I agree that we need to play a style of football where we shepherd/block more to create space for the ball carrier and forward to run or lead into rather than always looking to recieve the ball. I agree that we need to restructure our forward structure so our forwards work together more to get goals and I agree that we need to play more to our strengths and not fall into the strengths of others but...

I do understand that we have a young, inexperienced and 'light' list that would struggle to execute such a physically demanding game plan. I inderstand that we often lose the one on ones across the ground not because of our skill level but because of our players sizes. I understand that when we are pressured that we do turn it over because we do not have the experience or confidence to risk making a mistake and try and break the lines.

Our players are learning, they are developing, they strengthening so not every game plan will work for us right now and you will see us getting beaten by the more experinced teams not because of our talent but because of the game plan they have to play at the moment.

Could TW have made better changes during the game - yes, could he have tried to have the players break through the flooded F50 arch - possibly but could he have made them able to develop 5 years worth of game time into one game - no.

Its about what he has to work with as much as what he does with them.

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »
There is so much anger on this forum directed at TW and most of it is just emotive and reactive. I find it disappointing that people can't see that the senior players are as much, if not more, to blame with our insipit performances as the coach and that the predicament we find ourselves is a direct result of poor recruiting and trade decisions made by the last coach and administration.

I can understand people frustrations and I also understand some peoples beliefs due to their previous professional working relationships they held with the club but I want I can't understand is how everything that goes wrong is directed at the one sourse. This is exactly the reason we have never gone anywhere as a club in the last 25 years because we continually lay all the blame on the coach, sack him, bring in a new coach and when things go wong again we sack them and the cycle continues.

We need to look at the whole club not just the coach and we need to take in all the circumstances and facts before we lay emotive and reactive judgements. The fact is that we find ourselves in this situation because of poor recruiting, poor trading, poor administration and poor decisions by past and present Tigers people.

At the moment it as much to do with where we are at as a club as what we are doing. If we need to point the finger and find where to direct our blame then it is at the senior players. They have been underperforming for over a decade.

Yes TW has made errors and plenty of them but to say that we have no chance of success why he is at the helm is just short sighted and unfair.

It is time to stop blaming the coach for everything and start looking at the players, the administration and even the supporters for we all have had and still do, an impact on our current plight.

Its time to learn from our errors, look beyond the moment and take in all the facts before we react. If TW goes after all of that then at least we know it is because of the right reasons and not just because we are looking for a quick fix and a scape goat.

Stripes

yes it is the fault of wallace as much as it was spud. he is weak like the rest of the senior team.
i blame the players, assistant coaches, tw miller and anyone else involved in recruiting.
i am not angry because i used to work for the club as u so put it, i am angry because i believe TW game plan is rubbish. the senior players are rubbish. why i blame him is because he refuses to dump players instead he keeps picking them to save his own career.
He is a disgraceful coach who is weak and has brought the club to as low as it has been.

He rivals spud, giesh bartlett as the worst coach i have seen walk through punt road.

your wrong we will go nowhere with him as coach. Ive said it all along we need a malthouse type at our club not this pathetic man who might as well speak mandarin when talking to his players.
he employs his own mates instead of exploring others. i can go on but i wont

cant wait to see the back of him. 4 years and we have not improved one bit. thats sad.

Tigermonk

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »

TW game plan is but one slice of the pie Tigermonk, the other parts are equally to blame but like our senior players, it would be unwise to throw away the whole cake before we create a new one.

I agree that we need to play a style of football where we shepherd/block more to create space for the ball carrier and forward to run or lead into rather than always looking to recieve the ball. I agree that we need to restructure our forward structure so our forwards work together more to get goals and I agree that we need to play more to our strengths and not fall into the strengths of others but...

I do understand that we have a young, inexperienced and 'light' list that would struggle to execute such a physically demanding game plan. I inderstand that we often lose the one on ones across the ground not because of our skill level but because of our players sizes. I understand that when we are pressured that we do turn it over because we do not have the experience or confidence to risk making a mistake and try and break the lines.

Our players are learning, they are developing, they strengthening so not every game plan will work for us right now and you will see us getting beaten by the more experinced teams not because of our talent but because of the game plan they have to play at the moment.

Could TW have made better changes during the game - yes, could he have tried to have the players break through the flooded F50 arch - possibly but could he have made them able to develop 5 years worth of game time into one game - no.

Stripes

rubbish Lids has got plenty around him to help in Foley Tuck & others there is no excuse
Kingy l dont think you been watching who he is playing on has taken some big name players other the weeks

Tigermonk

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2008, 03:51:58 PM »

Stripes

As stated by the club there will be no more excuses.  The club had a good preseason & have a complete fit unjury free list to choose from
most of the players have been with the club for several season & need to stand up & play for the jumper
stop protecting the players & the gameplan there both poo we beat the skunks last year with the same list there are no excuses from that performance
only player missing was Raines & his a bozo that no-one would miss
Problem lays with the coach & his players

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »

Stripes

yes it is the fault of wallace as much as it was spud. he is weak like the rest of the senior team.
i blame the players, assistant coaches, tw miller and anyone else involved in recruiting.
i am not angry because i used to work for the club as u so put it, i am angry because i believe TW game plan is rubbish. the senior players are rubbish. why i blame him is because he refuses to dump players instead he keeps picking them to save his own career.
He is a disgraceful coach who is weak and has brought the club to as low as it has been.

He rivals spud, giesh bartlett as the worst coach i have seen walk through punt road.

your wrong we will go nowhere with him as coach. Ive said it all along we need a malthouse type at our club not this pathetic man who might as well speak mandarin when talking to his players.
he employs his own mates instead of exploring others. i can go on but i wont

cant wait to see the back of him. 4 years and we have not improved one bit. thats sad.

Which available quality coach would you replace him with then?

Are we suddenly going get a group of quality players at permiership age thrown in with the new coach?

Are we going to pump 5 years worth of experience and size into our youth as soon as TW is given the arse?

Getting rid of a coach, whoever it is, who is 3 and a bit years into a five year plan reeks of reactive, emotive disaster too me. I have no great love or hate for TW but I'm tired of cutting off our own nose to spite our face!

Stripes

P.S. By the way I didn't realize you used to work for the Tigers. My comment was directed elsewhere and was not a negative :-X.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »

[/quote]
rubbish Lids has got plenty around him to help in Foley Tuck & others there is no excuse
Kingy l dont think you been watching who he is playing on has taken some big name players other the weeks
[/quote]

Foley is the same age as Lids and Tucky is only there for his size. Who would you tag or put your best defenders on out of Foley/Lids or Tuck/Johnson? Who would you be more worried about at the moment in the forwardline after Richo -  Browny has lost his mojo, Petts is ordinary and the rest are developing players themselves?

I am not trying to defend the indefendable (though it feels like it at the moment ;)) but I just want to put things into perspective. Thomas is a great player but he is given more opportunities to shine than Lids does - that is my whole point adn thats it.

Ask yourself this, do you think Thomas would be as good at Tigerland?

Stripes

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2008, 04:18:09 PM »
stripes

i know where u r coming from, and im not asking for terrys head yet.

i have maintained all along all our senior group must be sacked.

i would be more than happy to see terry play th ekids and watch us lose by 7 goals (or more) rather than watc h us lose by the same margins with our senior group.

if terry wants me to support him, he must make big changes with our team as of yesterday and send all our senior duds to finish the yr of at the coburg 2s

Tigermonk

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »
tigermonk seriously if u were deledio or patto wouldn't u leave punt road.

with wallace there and no future with this list, these players will win flags with other clubs and thats a FACT!!

they will look at otto and rodan as inspirations and think well thats what i can look forward to if i leave this mess.

u can blame no one other than wallace when this happens.

offers will come to them you wait & see.  maybe Sheeds will come savor us soon  :lol  ;D