Author Topic: Tigers’ Flea Amigos - Rioli, Castagna & Butler - have special buzz (Herald-Sun)  (Read 33434 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
they both cost us, no excuses for jack, martin or costanza to miss from 20 metres out direct in front, and no excuses for rioli to drop a stuffing uncontested mark on our last thrust fwd. He marks that we go inside 50 - inexcusable

Agree TM, few people are being blinded by their love/hate for Rioli and fail to see that all these players failed to execute when needed.

What irks me is the double standards by some posters. Barely any marks, touches, tackles and no goals are excusable because player X "creates a contest" after 6 years in the system but a couple of marks, goals and tackles isn't good enough for a second year players because "he doesn't get enough of the ball"

tony_montana

Yeah there's a lot of that - Ive noticed once a player is labelled, thats it regardless of performances for the rest of their career.

For example, some posters including myself have been critical of maccas tackling technique throughout his career, but this season Ive noticed a huge improvement on that part of his game. He is nailing them and hurting opponents which I love to see, however, not one single positive comment about it from anyone else, yet the next time he misses a tackle you can rest assured someone will pop up highlighting it and labeling him a poo tackler. I hate that about our supporters.

I havent been a grigg fan over the years but fairs fair, over the last few seasons hes been a reliable contributor that deserves his spot, this season I feel he's gone to another level. Yes hes no star and his kicking is questionable, but as an overall package he brings a lot more positives to the table.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
they both cost us, no excuses for jack, martin or costanza to miss from 20 metres out direct in front, and no excuses for rioli to drop a stuffing uncontested mark on our last thrust fwd. He marks that we go inside 50 - inexcusable

Agree TM, few people are being blinded by their love/hate for Rioli and fail to see that all these players failed to execute when needed.

What irks me is the double standards by some posters. Barely any marks, touches, tackles and no goals are excusable because player X "creates a contest" after 6 years in the system but a couple of marks, goals and tackles isn't good enough for a second year players because "he doesn't get enough of the ball"
At least I have an opinion on our players, right or wrong,  you just sit back and feed off everyone's else's opinions.
Try having a thought of your own, it would be so much more enjoyable for the rest of us.
You seem like you would be a fun guy to hang around  :lol

And just on your crap above, one is a tall forward who has played a handful of games who's main job was to make a contest and create opportunities for players like Rioli, George and Bulter as well as to let Jack play a little deeper. No one, including me ever said Elton was going to be a star but a lot of people on here have already labeled Rioli just that. But the truth is he is going just ok but he happens to be a Rioli.
George has outperformed or at the very least been on par with Rioli this year but some that got him wrong are to stupid to admit it. It's obviously not you because you don't really contribute much more than white noise.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Don't think anyone wrote off George but there was plenty (originally me, not that that suits your theory ::)) that questioned his kicking and decision making and are continually proven CORRECT whether you want to admit it or not

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

And just on your crap above, one is a tall forward who has played a handful of games who's main job was to make a contest and create opportunities for players like Rioli, George and Bulter as well as to let Jack play a little deeper. No one, including me ever said Elton was going to be a star but a lot of people on here have already labeled Rioli just that. But the truth is he is going just ok but he happens to be a Rioli.
George has outperformed or at the very least been on par with Rioli this year but some that got him wrong are to stupid to admit it. It's obviously not you because you don't really contribute much more than white noise.

Gotta agree bt if anything rioli is not at an acceptable level yet but hey we all see the need to put games into him and with games and experience the improvement will come.

No one agrees with this but imo the three small fwd line is a problem especially with the output and goals we are getting from them. Not sure if they will even become top players

We play so many smalls not just fwd but right across the board and it hurts us in so many ways.
Interesting to note we have plaeyed up to 10 or was it 12 smalls in one game and none of them make significant consistent contributions and you could argue most are lacking and dont have too many outstanding attributes to fall back on. It is structurally poor and totally limits in how you can play.There is a reason why it appears we have no plan b its almost impossible to play differently than we do.There is little flexability with in the playing group.
A total opposite is  the heirs apparent GWS  just 6 smalls on their entire list its almost a total different dogma with them ah whats the point no one wants hear it.

All i can say is there is so much more to a player than just having pace and being able to apply a bit of pressure.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond put enormous amounts of forward pressure on and benefited from great cameos by second-game player Shai Bolton, with Jason Castagna, Bolton and Daniel Rioli laying 14 tackles between them.

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
League Teams last night said we are on track to be the highest ever recorded pressure team in the forward half.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
League Teams last night said we are on track to be the highest ever recorded pressure team in the forward half.

How do you like them apples Craw?  :o Hmmmmm?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Luff: "Richmond is averaging forcing 30 forward half turnovers - the most ever recorded"

https://twitter.com/TheRunHome/status/875223707882364928

"Discussing forward press - Champion Data graph of time spent in forward half in 2017."

https://twitter.com/TheRunHome/status/875224298947870720

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Could it be the 4 amigos? :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Butler only had 4 disposals and Rioli 8. Not good enough
Yep, poor games from all 3 amigos. Georgie should have had 3 goals as he missed two gettable set shots.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Got to get rid of 1 of them and bring in Lennon he at least can kick straight.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Very poor game by all 3.

Rioli losing his feet late in the final qtr, summed it up
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Flea amigos run out of petrol after 1 quarter, claw has a valid point re talls,  so you had all better listen to him you dwarf loving pole dancing hermaphrodites
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:15:22 PM by MintOnLamb »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Tigeritis: - symptoms - Adult Macrocephaly - often the result of increased media attention
The club that keeps giving.