Author Topic: Tigers’ Flea Amigos - Rioli, Castagna & Butler - have special buzz (Herald-Sun)  (Read 33445 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Butler is the David Gower of the AFL..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Butler can stay. I'd drop Rioli & Castagna because they've forgotten how to tackle. Bring in Stengle and Bolton.   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Cas officially THE worst kick in the AFL. I'd back Soldo running into an open goal before Cas

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Cas officially THE worst kick in the AFL. I'd back Soldo running into an open goal before Cas

Pretty tight with Shaun grigg

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Maybe he should kick at goal doing bananas all the time

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

At least Grigg can hit a target once in a while (even if it comes with snow on top)

I reckon he even stuffed that one up but it luckily went in :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

[/quote]
No left foot.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
No right foot either

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

At least Grigg can hit a target once in a while (even if it comes with snow on top)

You are not wrong lucky. Given we had Jack in the square with no one near him, and I think Ellis nearby unattended as well, I'd have dropped him for the rest of the season if he had missed it.

This bloke's decision making is a real worry for mine. Maybe it will get better with time?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
No no Castagna's a great decision maker who always kicks to advantage according to OER's great footy sage ol' Mopsy Claws..... :shh

..saw some interesting stats on the replay that showed Rioli has been our best pressure player and was responsible for the most scores for us from turnovers this season.... :shh :shh
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:53:29 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rioli & Castagna are top 5 for pressure numbers (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2017, 04:08:59 AM »
The Drill podcast: AFL statistics reveal Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Daniel Rioli pressure numbers

Herald Sun
3 August 2017

RICHMOND forward Jason Castagna has kicked 23 goals this season, but he says he isn’t judged on that by the club.

“It’s almost like a little competition between us small forwards when we’re playing, who can get higher pressure points,” Castagna said this week after winning the Round 19 Rising Star nomination.

“It’s always good to kick goals and get some crumbs, but our main role would definitely be just putting on pressure.”

The Tigers have been questioned over the lack of a second key forward, but they have found another way to score this season via an army of small forwards applying manic pressure to the opposition.

Champion Data statistics revealed in The Drill podcast show Richmond has five players ranked elite or above average for forward-half pressure: Daniel Rioli (elite), Dan Butler (elite), Shai Bolton (above average), Castagna (above average) and full-forward Jack Riewoldt (above average).

Rioli and Castagna rank in the top five in the AFL for creating forward-half turnovers, and for points generated from those turnovers.

TURNOVERS CREATED BY GENERAL FORWARDS
1    Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti    65
2    Alex Neal-Bullen    62
3    Jeff Garlett    59
4    Daniel Rioli    53
5    Jason Castagna    52

POINTS FROM TURNOVERS CREATED BY GENERAL FORWARDS
1    Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti    93
2    Alex Neal-Bullen    62
3    Jeff Garlett    61
4    Daniel Rioli    49
5    Jason Castagna     49

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/top-afl-forwardhalf-pressure-numbers-revealed-in-the-drill-podcast/news-story/ccfa5915beec1bedf0b446e0a486b268

tony_montana

Interesting that melbourne have 2 small fwds ahead of our 2 in these respective stats but havent heard it mentioned in the media

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Because Butler is also very high in this stat so the three of them generate even higher numbers. Add Bolton when he is there and wow!  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pressure acts by the 3 amigos vs Hawthorn on the weekend:

Rioli        29 .... plus 7 tackles
Butler      22
Castagna 12

Source: The Age website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Two of the three amigos - Rioli and Butler - have been named in the AFL players association's Best 22 Under 22 squad.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/afl-players-22under22-voting-opens1/