Author Topic: Our assistant coaches  (Read 2559 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Our assistant coaches
« on: June 18, 2007, 03:51:07 PM »
With the RFC reviewing and restructuring the footy department for 2008, do you think there'll be any changes to our assistant coaches come year's end if Plough remains?

In Caro's article it said Craig McRae was safe as development coach, but what about the performances of Royal (midfield coach), Rawlings (forward coach) and King (defence coach). Royal and King have been there 3 years. Rawlings joined us at the end of 2006.

If changes should be made who should we consider as replacements?

I heard Nick Holland on SEN on Saturday arvo say Jade Rawlings is one of the most knowledgable people on football he's ever met and expects him to become a senior coach at some later stage  :o.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:54:25 PM by one-eyed »

Gordon Bennett

Re: Our assistant coaches
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »
Mt - I thought Rawlings has only been there since October last year, replacing Wheadon.
I'd also been told  last year that Rawlings' knowledge of footy was very good.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:51:51 PM »
Mt - I thought Rawlings has only been there since October last year, replacing Wheadon.
Sorry GB. You're correct. I'll fix the first post.

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »

I have heard the same about Rawlings, everyone that talks about him say that he has a fantastic football brain and knows the game inside out.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 11:24:07 PM »
Not everyone.  ;)
Someone on this forum said about a month ago "he is a joke".  :-\
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Life goes on

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 07:49:36 AM »

Funny that Wheedon has gone to the premiership favorites Geelong and is mentoring Bomber Thompson.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 12:54:23 PM »
Royal is the one that I question.

TW and BR have worked together for a long time, I'd like to see some fresh blood in there. Someone from a recently successful administration who might question Terry's thinking every so often.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »
 :nopity

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 05:09:38 PM »
Keep McRae. 

Thats all I care about in regards to assistants.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »
Maybe McRae could put a word to Vossy if he wants to be a assistant coach first. He said tonight he hasn't ruled out being an assistant coach but he doesn't see why people rule out absolutely anyone directly becoming a senior coach.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline evaluator

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 01:01:08 AM »
Royal I know is in trouble. Only a yes man. He can not put a sentence together without saying um.

I would like to get a premiership midfielder in there. Shaun Hart, even Drew Banfield, Ashcroft, Francou. Voss would be the ultimate.

I would like to get Clark Keating to work with Bellchambers next year  ;) an absolute clone.

Royal I think is gone.

Any other premiership mids going round who could fit the bill?Preferably one who has won a flag in recent times. Last 5 years or so. Again preferably a 2 way footballer. Not a downhill skier. One who knows the mandate of tempo footy.

Offline evaluator

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 01:07:54 AM »
One I forgot to mention is Chris Scott. Brother is working with the pies. A hard bugger too.  :whistle

Life goes on

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 07:51:18 AM »
Royal I know is in trouble. Only a yes man. He can not put a sentence together without saying um.

I would like to get a premiership midfielder in there. Shaun Hart, even Drew Banfield, Ashcroft, Francou. Voss would be the ultimate.

I would like to get Clark Keating to work with Bellchambers next year  ;) an absolute clone.

Royal I think is gone.

Any other premiership mids going round who could fit the bill?Preferably one who has won a flag in recent times. Last 5 years or so. Again preferably a 2 way footballer. Not a downhill skier. One who knows the mandate of tempo footy.

Royal is Terrys best mate

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 08:42:39 AM »

Royal I think is gone.

Royal is Terrys best mate

exactly

while tery is there , choco is safe as houses

btw, i rate royal, i think he has what it takes to be a senior coach

btw, voss ums and ars more than anyone  and personally i dont think voss has what it takes to be a coach

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
Wheadon and Allessio please come back  :pray