Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 240877 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1140 on: June 01, 2022, 06:38:55 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1141 on: June 23, 2022, 01:01:58 AM »
Yokayi Footy E15: The move that reignited Rioli's career

Daniel Rioli is in the Yokayi Footy house to discuss the HUGE move that put him in career-best form.

Watch here: https://www.afl.com.au/video/784599/yokayi-footy-e15-the-move-that-reignited-rioli-s-career

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1142 on: June 26, 2022, 03:45:48 AM »
Daniel Rioli lifted late in the game, but just was not accountable with Stengle in particular. It will be a massive learning curve for him and I hope he can find that balance between attack and accountability, as he will become a whipping boy in no time if he keeps leaking goals to the opposition in favour of hunting the ball. In the Richmond of old, they likely would have rolled cover, but the Cats’ counterattack was quick and swift. He was one of Richmond’s best with ball in hand, but, unfortunately, got caught out on the counter. He was not the only one.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl-season-2022/2022/06/25/geelong-v-richmond-the-mongrel-review-2/

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1143 on: June 26, 2022, 08:41:31 AM »
I think he was right out of gas, messed up a lot late in the last quarter.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1144 on: June 26, 2022, 09:21:45 AM »
Actually a very good point re Stengle

But it wasn't just Daniel.

None of our defenders (bar Baker when he was down there) showed Stengle any respect at all
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 01:20:51 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1145 on: June 26, 2022, 11:08:52 AM »
He was cramped up like hell at the end but he played his arse off earlier
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1146 on: June 26, 2022, 06:52:04 PM »
People will think oh yeah old CLAW being a negative hole again.
Not Negative at all Rioli as a running link player off hb has been great but in no way is he a true defender.

Cmon people if i had pace and great delivery in an afl environment id like nothing more than the Short, Ellis Rioli role across hb.

Syd Stack is the one we miss here when it comes to a player who can provide both THE RUN and ACCOUNTABILITY.
Daniel not my cup of tea in any way but poo he has been good as an outlet player but he lacks and probably always will lack that needed mongrel and accoutability to be a true defender.
I suppose there are different types of defender nowdays  shut down, rebound and the most valuable of all the bloke who can do both.

Just look at the pile of weak outside types who play across hb.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1147 on: June 26, 2022, 08:31:30 PM »
wtf is stack anyway is he gonna play?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1148 on: July 03, 2022, 09:40:42 PM »
Montagna on 'First Crack' said Dan was clear BOG today. Massive numbers.

28 disposals (15k, 13h, 7c, 19u, 85.7% eff.)
5 marks (1 contested mark)
1 tackle
3 clearances (2 centre clearances)
5 inside 50s
4 intercepts
565 metres clearances
9 score involvements
2 goal assists
1 goal
1 behind
81% time on ground

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1149 on: July 03, 2022, 09:43:22 PM »
Preferred Pickett but Rioli was very good after an avg first qtr.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1150 on: July 04, 2022, 11:49:44 AM »
He's playing more like Andrew McCloud every week.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1151 on: July 04, 2022, 02:38:24 PM »
Rioli excels across half-back

Nathan Buckley
SEN
4 July 2022

“Daniel Rioli, breakout game.

“He’s been in this role for a couple of months and once again shifts and little moves by (Damien) Hardwick to rebuild and rewire Richmond.

“Rioli’s been brilliant.

“Obviously the connection between both ‘Dimma’ and Daniel Rioli has been strong. Rioli’s paying off this faith in spades.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/03/the-buck-stops-here-buckleys-five-takeaways-from-round-16/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1152 on: July 11, 2022, 01:50:51 PM »
For the first time in a match during his AFL career, Rioli had 30 disposals. He finished with a game-high 31 disposals, an equal career-high 12 contested possessions, an equal career-high 24 effective disposals, equal career-high six rebound-50s, three inside-50s, five marks, career-high nine intercepts, seven score involvements, five marks, four tackles and 471 metres gained.

It was a performance further highlighted the success of Rioli’s move late last season from the forward line to the backline.

He has developed into one of the competition’s best small defenders and surely must be in contention for an All-Australian blazer this year.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1169851/rioli-maintains-his-red-hot-form

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1153 on: July 21, 2022, 04:05:06 PM »
TIGERS STAR SET TO STAY

Riley Beveridge, Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
21 July 2022

RICHMOND fan favourite and triple-premiership star Daniel Rioli is on the cusp of signing a long-term extension to remain at Punt Road.

AFL.com.au understands Rioli is on the verge of agreeing to a new deal with the Tigers, having initially delayed talks to focus on his football throughout the season.

As revealed by AFL.com.au's Inside Trading in April, Rioli had elected to park talks with Richmond officials over a new deal after only signing a one-year extension to remain with the Tigers for this season.

It led to widespread speculation over his future among clubs, though after changing management groups shortly after the 25-year-old is close to committing his best years to Damien Hardwick's side.

Rioli played key roles for Richmond in each of its premiership campaigns in 2017, 2019 and 2020, but has made a successful switch into the backline recently to average 20.7 disposals and five marks per game this year.

He had a career-high 31 disposals against Gold Coast a fortnight ago, having previously racked up personal-best tallies of 27 and 28 touches against Geelong and then West Coast in the two weeks prior.

Rioli's signature is set to be a significant fillip for a Richmond side battling to retain its position inside the AFL's top-eight, after close losses to the Suns and the Kangaroos over the last fortnight.

Richmond has a series of intriguing contract decisions still to make in the final weeks of the season, with veteran trio Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin and Shane Edwards – along with important utility Liam Baker – nearing the end of their current deals.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/802966/new-deal-looms-for-triple-flag-tiger-dons-contract-call-on-skipper

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1154 on: July 21, 2022, 09:29:41 PM »
I reckon this is good news. He would be on medium coin and I think he's a very classy player despite not turning out to be a gun forward.

I'd consider trying him in the guts from time to time also. He tackles well, good in traffic, clean by foot etc.