Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood - Round 2  (Read 19136 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Richmond vs Collingwood - Round 2
« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »
Darren Jolly is a girl

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »
Not there yet
By Peter Ryan
afl.com.au
Tue 10 Apr, 2012

WHEN Richmond goes to sleep, it sleeps like a log.

Saturday night's Collingwood-Richmond game was decided in eight minutes of Tiger slumber.

Fifteen Collingwood players touched the ball in that period, compared to seven Tigers.

The Magpies had 18 kicks to Richmond's two, six inside 50s to none, two tackles to none, 13 contested possessions to four, five centre clearances to one.

But for five or 10 minutes each week we are reminded that while the Tigers are improving, they are just not there yet.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132655/default.aspx
good to read things written by people who have knowledge and write about what happens rather  than just rehash old perceptions.

the quote about rick charlesworth and five consecutive mistakes is interesting. obviously in a free scoring game like aussie rules it wouldnt be 5, but the same principle probably still applies
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #407 on: April 10, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
1 other thing that really made me think where we are at, Any Tiger supporter who was able to go to the game & didnot show up is a bloody disgrace, The Tiger supporters were very few last night of just over 57,000+ just going off the past  years going to these games is the lowest crowd. The Tiger army l couldnot even hear. We are a club with non-game football supporters

It was their gate, stuff em

Correct. And IIRC it was Collingwood who didn't want to enter into a shared gate arrangement.

So I applaud those who stayed at home  :clapping

are you serious wanting supporters to stay home when the club needs support at games. 57k & l swear 47 were them. pathetic

Don't worry about the tiger fans not turning up

Pies go on and on about having 70k members yet all they got to their 1st home game of the season was a crowd of just on 58k

So if 47k of them last were pies supporters where were their remaining 23k members?

:rollin
I was not at the game on Saturday. I opted to upgrade my membership to reserved seat this season at the expense of the 'away' games.

I had offers from a few mates and my brother (all Collingwood fans) to go in with them, but decided against because it would literally be putting money into Collingwood.

Watched the game at home enjoying some CC and Cola.  ;D

Just putting it out there, because I think a few would be in the same boat as myself.

I pay for a 16 game membership with home game reserved seating.

That way my money goes to the RFC and all I have to do for 5 away games is find a seat which unfortunantely on Saturday night was in the vicinity of a some extremely vocal scum fans who had a personal vendetta on everything associated with normal human existence and acceptable social standards.

Ahh the luxuries of my reserved seat on Saturday and sitting with the Tiger faithful at the tin sheep shearing shed on Sunday week. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: April 10, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
15 games this year isn't it  :outtahere  :rollin

That was an option, but I couldn't sway the better half into accepting it. Maybe next season . . .  :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #409 on: April 10, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
Yes but bought tix to the tin shed for next week to make it 16. :thumbsup

Decided to upgrade a few years ago and was the best thing I did with my membership. :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »
Al, interesting stat. What was the quote of Rick Charlesworth?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: April 10, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »
No wonder Australian hockey coach Ric Charlesworth says every goal conceded by teams he coaches comes about because the team makes five consecutive mistakes.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=15199.msg291092#msg291092

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
I find these types of articles funny. 'Everyone is a genius in hindsight' as the old saying goes and this is exactly the case with retrospective article. You can break down any close game and pinpoint the mistakes that cost a team the game. Ours is probably easier to put your finger on because, besides that 6-8 minute period, the contest was even. When it all comes down to it though, good teams find a way to win in tight contests while young teams often find a way to lose. Consistency and sustained concentration is the elusive goal every developing team is working towards.

No real earth shattering revelations here really.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
No wonder Australian hockey coach Ric Charlesworth says every goal conceded by teams he coaches comes about because the team makes five consecutive mistakes.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=15199.msg291092#msg291092

Der  :wallywink

Didn't not read that page! Thanks Al.

Stripes, while that may be true at least  the article makes an effort to paint a real context as to why we are losing games. As opposed to the throw away lines of Turnover Tigers etc etc which are used by journos who have a deadline to make or couldn't be bothered providing ANY insight.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »
......or are incapable of providing any insight

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
3aw tonight mentioned that 40% of Collingwood's score came from centre bounce clearances  :help. The comp. average is 13%. Malthouse said if Pendlebury, Ball and Swan had kicked running goals then you could blame our mids but it was Collingwood's forwards kicking the goals so he blamed our defence for leaking like a sieve.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #416 on: April 13, 2012, 09:42:46 PM »
carltank giving scumwood a bath, so maybe round one we were not that bad just fell away at the end

dwaino

« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
carltank giving scumwood a bath, so maybe round one we were not that bad just fell away at the end

Kreuzer and Hampson ripping Jolly and Woods apart. Their clearances are blowing them away too. Ivan and our mids competed well against this unit. We haven't struggled out of the blocks all pre-season and last two weeks like we did last year. Carlton didn't run away from us until the last half of the 4th quarter, and if they're flag contenders I think we've done pretty well the first two rounds. If we explode out of the blocks tomorrow in similar fashion then we'll have the game wrapped up by half time.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »
Whats happened to the Pies?

Dane Swan ate them all.
Go Tigers!

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »
Whats happened to the Pies?

Dane Swan ate them all.

lol....swan is turning into there Jackson, if only Jackson could turn into swan......