Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 454811 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
Probably will follow a similiar development time line to Vickery. Has another couple of years to even start to show consistency. Just needs a chance to have a season injury free where he can build up his size, endurance, understanding and confidence but as MM said, he has what can't be taught or developed - ability.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
Probably will follow a similiar development time line to Vickery. Has another couple of years to even start to show consistency. Just needs a chance to have a season injury free where he can build up his size, endurance, understanding and confidence but as MM said, he has what can't be taught or developed - ability.

Great post, i think he will a super player in years to come. 

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #332 on: August 01, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »
He shows a lot more natural skill than Vickers though.  Moves very nicely, that massive kick, and despite his shakey start with the shoulders, a solid mark.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline SPOCK

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #333 on: August 01, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »
Griff is a very brave (sometimes wreckless) player and has plenty of talent but his development has been very badly handled, should never have played AFL last year or proberbley this year, his smarts, positioning and self preservation are a long way off ( 3 years behind a player like Jack Watts and he is still struggling) , we should all hope his poor development doesn't hinder his future

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #334 on: August 02, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »
Griff is a very brave (sometimes wreckless) player and has plenty of talent but his development has been very badly handled, should never have played AFL last year or proberbley this year, his smarts, positioning and self preservation are a long way off ( 3 years behind a player like Jack Watts and he is still struggling) , we should all hope his poor development doesn't hinder his future

Yor your theory on development is to not play the players at all? FFS dude get a grip!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #335 on: August 02, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »

Hm.. I'd have to disagree. Griffiths is now and will continue to be superior in the air than someone like Watts. Watts is a full rounded player who is also dangerous on the ground, similar to Jack Riewoldt, that is where his value will be A Grade in the air and A Grade on the ground, where as Griffiths will grow to hopefully be Elite in the Air with C-B Grade at ground level. Not sure how you'd put a figure of 3 years behind someone, what is that based off?

Watts is also a number 1 draft pick and a year ahead of Griffiths in age. So you'd expect him to be further developed anyway. Not mentioning the fact tha Griffiths has been injured about 50% of the time of being an AFL player compared to Watts injury free career.

Griffiths development is fine, great set of hands and beat Fletcher one on one a few times. He's going nicely.
Go Tigers!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Ben Griffiths Trade Rumour
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »
I have heard (non big footy, pre etc) that this may happen and Carlton are red hot for it. Kane Lucas linked perhaps?
I sure hope not
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline RonnieB

• Future Richmond star
  • Vintage Ronnie
Re: Ben Griffiths Trade Rumour
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2011, 12:14:57 PM »
maybe his shoulder is stuffed and we know he wont play much in future  :shh

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »
Or maybe he will never reach his potential and his currency is high.I say trade

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2011, 12:27:14 PM »
If true maybe DT is on the money. Lucas goes to WC, Brown/Stevens to Richmond, Griff to Carlton. Should try get Brown and Stevens otherwise keep Griff. ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
I have heard (non big footy, pre etc) that this may happen and Carlton are red hot for it. Kane Lucas linked perhaps?
I sure hope not

Gotta love rumours  :lol

Re this one - hmmmm don't think so unless we intend to keep Brad Miller for the next 5 years  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
Going to play Posty CHF instead ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
On another note I heard Astbury will be CHF next year. Griff to be tried down back.

dwaino

« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2011, 12:44:23 PM »
We're developing some good young talls so wouldn't be surprised. Though apart from Posty and Griffo I haven't seen any of them take exciting pack marks or crash packs etc. I like this fella but I guess you can't be too sentimental with these things. As long as we get an upgrade.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »
Griffiths will be used as part of the trade for Z Clarke ;) ;)