Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 454815 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1995 on: August 09, 2014, 02:16:50 PM »
Fractured his proximal phalanx in his hand.
Will probably need surgery (k wire).
Played on despite injuring it during the game.
Definitely not soft.

Where'd you hear what he broke?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1996 on: August 09, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »
VIDEO: Griffs post-match interview ....

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-08-09/round-20-griffiths-post-match

He is most definitely not comfortable in front of the camera!!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1997 on: August 10, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
Yeah give him one last crack. Even if he is intent on leaving, a couple of good performances may at least bump up his trade value a smidgen.

Problem is if he a few half decent games (or kicks a ball 60m) he will be proclaimed as the saviour for our CHF woes

Just saying

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1998 on: August 10, 2014, 09:33:34 AM »
Played pretty well. Good on him. Needs to play like that every week. That should be the norm not the exception. Maybe one day he might even get in our best players.  :shh
Nar good on him.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1999 on: August 10, 2014, 09:53:06 AM »

That was difficult to watch smokey

Sounds like a very timid fella and plays like it at times

Has played some descent games this year though. Give him another year

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2000 on: August 10, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »

That was difficult to watch smokey

Sounds like a very timid fella and plays like it at times

Has played some descent games this year though. Give him another year

Yep, thought the same thing Dan.  I was all for getting rid of him mid-season after he dropped off again but he's come back well and keeps teasing with enough to say he MIGHT make it.  But watching that made me think he might just have very serious confidence issues that could be causing much of his inconsistency.  You would think the club could do a lot off-field and out of season to help with that.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2001 on: August 10, 2014, 11:16:49 AM »
And we call that "development" smokey.
How to make Tarzan play like Tarzan.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2002 on: August 11, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
Griffiths grasps his chance
richmondfc.com.au 
August 11, 2014

Griffiths - “I needed to get back to playing footy.  I became a little bit too robotic . . . I have to simplify things a bit, and I’m doing that really well at the moment.

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-08-11/griffiths-grasps-his-chance

the claw

« Reply #2003 on: August 11, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »
Played pretty well. Good on him. Needs to play like that every week. That should be the norm not the exception. Maybe one day he might even get in our best players.  :shh
Nar good on him.
this.  still think he vickery and mcbean have value and we dont need all three. would be looking to trade at least one of em.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2004 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »
Nar good on him.
this.  still think he vickery and mcbean have value and we dont need all three. would be looking to trade at least one of em.

I thought our list had massive KPP holes?

Cant have your cake and eat it

the claw

« Reply #2005 on: August 12, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »
Nar good on him.

I thought our list had massive KPP holes?

Cant have your cake and eat it
oh we do. but how hard is it to take a small leap in logical thinking and say hey if we cut a tall we need to replace him with a tall. cmon judge stop acting like a child im sure you have a brain tucked away inside that head of yours somewhere.
so we have kpp holes but cant cut haccks, gotta  why not. just replace em with a like player or even better real kpps. ive no time for your 6 of one half a dozen of the other types.
we dont need 3 200cm ruck/fwds  one of em needs to be played either in a pcket or off the bench each week.  we need to stop pretending what roles they can perform.

gotta ask  why   you think we cant replace talls with talls, why cant you  grasp the simple fact that we can  trade or delist a useless tall , and we can  replacce em with a like player at the least. hopefully one that can become a good player.
while im asking questions how the hell do you play all of vickery, mcbean, and griffiths in the one fwd line alongside riewoldt. last time i looked all three are ruck/fwds and none of em are any good at either role.
yep we sure need kpps not inbetweeners like the hacks you adore so much.

oh just one more question as a  refernce point. can you tell me just how many 200cm players have become very good stay at home kpfs.  i can tell you now you will struggle to go past tippett.

to put it in very simple terms for you we dont need and cant play 3 200cm  ruck/fwds.  we play one on game day and have one in the wings playing reserves.
we need genuine fwds and theres plenty we could take in the nd who would be better options than the three mentioned.

im asking myself is this typical delusion from posters, a player has a passable game and finally plays at the required standard and hes suddenly a champion.

i for one would not hesitate to trade griffiths or vickery out  and replace em with blokes who can play as permanent  fwds god knows we are screaming out for one, and fit into our srtructure a lot better.

lets see if possible this yr id take lamb poick 9 ish  and kietel  pick 27ish. both tall fwds very different to the 200cm dinosaurs we have. id certainly be looking at sully a mature kpd with a rookie pick and id go after frawley as a f/a. if we traded griffiths or vickery we would then have a decent pick to use on a mid.  it aint hard if you try judge, you just have to get over being so emotional about your favorite hacks,
yep we have kpp problems keeping hacks wont fix that problem.cutting hacks and replacing em with talent and in adequate numbers will.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2006 on: August 12, 2014, 09:15:25 PM »
Essentially you'd like Griffiths and Vickery done away with

Replaced with two or three  18 year old kPp

That'll you will be asking to delist if they not shown enough after 24 months

---

Big talls are the future. It's no handy cap having three on the list

I do reckon talls can be replaced with talls. But if its from the draft it's going take a long time for them to come to the prime. Or it's going to be a Frawley like dud. If u want pattons or natanui it's going cost sheepstations

Given the sub rules playing ruck and key forward is a valuable attribute. Not a negative

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2007 on: August 12, 2014, 09:20:28 PM »
Claw, you've got so caught up in your own list management BS that you're losing the plot.
Griff, is unproven, unfulfilled yes, but he ain't a hack. He still has the potential to be a very handy KPP. He's just one of those players that you've got it in for, like Rance, although you've gone quiet on him now.
You're prepared to defend Thomas, but then crap on and on about others being 'glass half fulls' or hacks, with too many deficiencies. You play favorites more than Dimma. I think you need to relax and just enjoy the footy for a bit.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2008 on: August 12, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
Fractured his proximal phalanx in his hand.
Will probably need surgery (k wire).
Played on despite injuring it during the game.
Definitely not soft.

Hopefully he'll play.

Rampstar

« Reply #2009 on: August 16, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »
Kicked a nice goal early, contested well as 2nd ruckman but I thought he came to the fore in the last 10 minutes with a couple of important plays that helped the team.