Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457238 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2955 on: August 06, 2016, 10:15:43 PM »
Still suffering from a groin injury.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2956 on: August 06, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »
I am surprised that Ben hasn't copped more flack today than Hampson....oh, hang on, no I am not, the BB can't see past Hampson can they.

Well IMO Griff was terrible last night, quite possibly the worst in our team. Ruck work was dreadful and so was his marking or lack of, no pressure and really was not involved at all.

In this case Griffiths efforts read 2nd & 3rd efforts highlights what Hampson doesnt do, so thanks for bringing it up  :thumbsup
And what Vickery doesn't do either.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2957 on: August 06, 2016, 10:41:06 PM »
All three of them were shyte.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2958 on: August 06, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »
I am surprised that Ben hasn't copped more flack today than Hampson....oh, hang on, no I am not, the BB can't see past Hampson can they.

Well IMO Griff was terrible last night, quite possibly the worst in our team. Ruck work was dreadful and so was his marking or lack of, no pressure and really was not involved at all.

Ok I will bite

Grab a copy of the game. I'll give you one centre square ball up situation tthat actually highlighted why his efforts in the mididle last night were better than Hampson's

Go to about the 20 minute mark,  he goes up against Grundie, he wins the tap it goes straight to a pie mid. He then actually lays the tackle that causes another stoppage, ball up. At the 2nd ball up he doesn't win the tap but again lays the tackle that causes the ball free and we then clearance

That's what he did well and what Hampson simply doesnt do,

So if you are going to bag a blokes ruck work make sure that what you are whacking him for is accurate and that the person you use to compare him to actually bothers to do the same.

In this case Griffiths efforts read 2nd & 3rd efforts highlights what Hampson doesnt do, so thanks for bringing it up  :thumbsup

I have a copy thanks, watched it twice and saw enough of Griff to come to that conclusion. Are you sure you are not watching last years game... ;D

If you watch last night's game you will also see that Grundy tapped the ball to our players quite a bit too.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2959 on: August 07, 2016, 05:24:45 AM »

Ok I will bite

Grab a copy of the game. I'll give you one centre square ball up situation tthat actually highlighted why his efforts in the mididle last night were better than Hampson's

Go to about the 20 minute mark,  he goes up against Grundie, he wins the tap it goes straight to a pie mid. He then actually lays the tackle that causes another stoppage, ball up. At the 2nd ball up he doesn't win the tap but again lays the tackle that causes the ball free and we then clearance

So if you are going to bag a blokes ruck work make sure that what you are whacking him for is accurate and that the person you use to compare him to actually bothers to do the same.

I have a copy thanks, watched it twice and saw enough of Griff to come to that conclusion. Are you sure you are not watching last years game... ;D

If you watch last night's game you will also see that Grundy tapped the ball to our players quite a bit too.

Watched it 3 times. Dont know how any rational or logical mind could come to the same conclusion as yours.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2960 on: August 07, 2016, 07:10:15 AM »

Ok I will bite

Watched it 3 times. Dont know how any rational or logical mind could come to the same conclusion as yours.

Watch it for the 4th with your blinkers off.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2961 on: August 07, 2016, 07:54:02 AM »
Some people  :facepalm

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers expected to re-sign Ben Griffiths [Foxsports]
« Reply #2962 on: August 20, 2016, 03:22:24 AM »
The Tigers are expected to re-sign Ben Griffiths, who has been preferred over Vickery lately as a forward supporting Jack Riewoldt.

Source: Foxsports

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Tigers expected to re-sign Ben Griffiths [Foxsports]
« Reply #2963 on: August 20, 2016, 04:20:11 AM »
Arse.

No doubt another three-year deal and another three years of nothing until he's worth nothing.... :gotigers
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2964 on: August 20, 2016, 07:12:17 AM »
Sounds like vickery is a done deal then
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2965 on: August 20, 2016, 07:32:44 AM »
Phew thank god I was getting worried.

Let's move on to Vickerys signature now dimwit
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2966 on: August 20, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »
You can't get rid of everyone and being a team of midgets griff so  keeper for mine!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2967 on: August 20, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
You can't get rid of everyone and being a team of midgets griff so  keeper for mine!

Not a huge fan of Griff but i kinda agree for now. Even if we drafted a Patton you need a backup fwd if there are injuries and the cupboard looks pretty bare in the 2nds.

So id give him a 2 year deal.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2968 on: August 20, 2016, 10:43:22 AM »
His biggest problem is his body is made of tissue paper. He also can't play with injury. Loses confidence quickly too.
I'd trade him for Majak Daw as he can play ruck better and could help out Mabior in the gym. :laugh:
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2969 on: August 20, 2016, 10:46:47 AM »
His biggest problem is his body is made of tissue paper. He also can't play with injury. Loses confidence quickly too.
I'd trade him for Majak Daw as he can play ruck better and could help out Mabior in the gym. :laugh:

What would you pay for Majak? Pick in the 30s?
"Sliding doors moment.