Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52855 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2022, 10:46:24 PM »
Gee it doesn't pay to have an opinion does it?

Not when it’s wrong

Here's the thing

People are allowed to have opinions

Others don't have to agree

You say my opinion is wrong but that's only your opinion. But unlike you I am not going to say you are wrong.

You or anyone doesn't agree with mine as I said I have no issue with that

We simply don't agree, we move on

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2022, 10:51:38 PM »
We all think you're wrong though
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2022, 11:05:30 PM »

Yeah, that's yours and others opinion, got no issue with it. We don't agree, it's not the first time, won't be the last

What I find interesting is that I made it clear twice I thought he was in our best half a dozen players today

But just because I said he was reasonable not good then everyone thinks I'm being unfair

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2022, 11:32:01 PM »

Yeah, that's yours and others opinion, got no issue with it. We don't agree, it's not the first time, won't be the last

What I find interesting is that I made it clear twice I thought he was in our best half a dozen players today

But just because I said he was reasonable not good then everyone thinks I'm being unfair

It’s no biggie either way WP, I’m just gobsmacked that you would label a game like that from a second game small forward “reasonable”

How many goals does a small forward need to have a “good” game?..

You are aware that 3 goals is well above what even the best small forwards average?…

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2022, 11:34:36 PM »
Should  have been in the side a long time ago instead playing duds.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2022, 03:04:05 AM »

So who were the other 4, assuming cotch and Cumberland are the other 2?

Edwards, Aarts maybe

Whole place is embarrassing at present, but those 2 have been a positive. How cotch is not captian beggars believe when you see Pendlebury and Selwood continue on their merrry way.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 04:49:38 AM by Francois Jackson »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2022, 04:25:12 AM »
Cumberland's stats:

14 disposals (10k, 4h, 9c, 5u, 57.1% eff.)
4 marks ( 1 contested mark )
4 tackles ( 2 In50 tackles )
2 clearances
7 inside 50s
1 intercepts
345 metres gained
11 score involvements
3 goals
4 behinds

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2022, 02:45:09 PM »

So who were the other 4, assuming cotch and Cumberland are the other 2?

Edwards, Aarts maybe

Whole place is embarrassing at present, but those 2 have been a positive. How cotch is not captian beggars believe when you see Pendlebury and Selwood continue on their merrry way.

Can always count on you Frankie to resort to belittling even subtly

But seeing you asked

Good = Tarrant, Cotchin, Sonsie

Reasonable = Cumberland, Prestia (just), Graham (just)

Oh if you bothered to look I've said in the Changes for next week thread to both Edwards and Aarts should be dropped

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2022, 06:11:50 PM »
LMFAO dare to have a differing opinion and all hell usually breaks lose from supporters who are quite frankly sheep with most topics.That goes for supporters not just on this site but everywhere.

Was it Mark Twain who wrote, When you find yourself siding with the majority its time to take time to pause and reflect, or something like that.

Today im going to be a sheep and agree with the majority i thought he was good but that does not mean i dont have issues with parts of his
 game.
Im sure that is what WP is really saying.

For me i really hope he can polish up his disposal  as we have all seen in recent weeks just how damaging and hurtful poor disposal can be.
As a fwd he will have plenty of weeks where he will struggle to get a sniff and to have an impact he will need to make the most of every opportunity he gets.

Atm a massive upgrade on Castagana Aarts and even Junior as far as offensive impact goes.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2022, 05:00:49 PM »
Coaches votes: (Hardwick & Adams)

North Melbourne v Richmond

10 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
8 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
3 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
3 Noah Cumberland (RICH)
3 Dion Prestia (RICH)
2 Robbie Tarrant (RICH)

1 Bailey Scott (NMFC)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/802680/coaches-votes-r18-dees-star-closes-gap-at-top-as-seven-players-earn-perfect-10

:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2022, 07:05:14 PM »
THE UNDROPPABLES: WHO IS A LOCK TO PLAY IN ROUND 19?

Andrew Slevison
SEN
20 July 2022

Noah Cumberland (Richmond)

It might have been a game to forget for Richmond, but the performance of Noah Cumberland should not be overlooked.

The 21-year-old forward was playing just his second AFL game (not including the one spent as a medi-sub) and produced a handy return on the scoreboard of 3.4.

Yes, he was a little inefficient in front of goal, however, he managed seven scoring shots in a game at AFL level which isn’t easy to do.

Cumberland also gathered 14 disposals, had 11 score involvements (second only to Jack Riewoldt’s 12), an equal team-high seven inside 50s and four tackles, attracting three coaches votes for his troubles.

He’s a lock for Fremantle on Friday night.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/20/the-undroppables-who-is-a-lock-to-play-in-round-19/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2022, 04:01:17 AM »
Did siren go as Cumberland marked?

After the ball had sat on the Tigers’ goal line for two minutes, the Dockers looked to clear but Marlion Pickett won the ball and hit a leading Cumberland on the chest. It was unclear whether the siren went as the kick was in the air or after he marked but he was going to be paid the mark. However Cumberland thought he was on the edge of his range and played on rather than kicking a set shot for goal with the Tigers only needing a behind to win. The youngster had been excellent but just made the instinctive decision that didn’t work out. It comes a week after Jake Aarts played on late in the game against North Melbourne and Jason Castagna had his kick smothered in the week before when trying to seal the game against the Suns.

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2022, 04:20:41 AM »
Just as it seemed unlikely either team would be able to score again before the final siren, the Tigers had one final surge left in them, with Marlion Pickett bursting away from a stoppage on the wing and delivering a beautiful kick to teammate Noah Cumberland inside 50.

Cumberland, a thumping long kick, marked seemingly one to two seconds before the siren but, remarkably, played on. The siren then sounded before Cumberland had got his kick away, thus the game ended in a draw.

With his head in his hands, a distraught Cumberland sank to his knees and put his head in his hands before being comforted by Tigers teammates as fans around Marvel Stadium were left bereft.

“You could see Jack Riewoldt in the back saying ‘hold, hold hold’,” St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt told Fox Footy. “It’s hard to get a message out in that moment to say ‘there’s only 10 or 12 seconds left’, particularly when the ball’s on the other side of the ground.”

Triple premiership Lion Jonathan Brown added: “The problem is at Marvel Stadium, even if there’s 25,000 to 30,000, when the crowd gets loud you can’t hear each other out there. It feels like 70,000 or 80,000 at the MCG.

“The inexperience hurt him, but I feel sorry for that young fella.”

Tigers veteran Trent Cotchin said Cumberland and his teammates would learn a lesson from that moment.

“We didn’t know exactly how long (was left) and the clock can churn away pretty quickly,” he told Fox Footy post-game.

“We would’ve loved for Cummy to go back and have a shot, but we back our guys to make the right decision at the right time.

“We’ll learn another lesson, which is completely fine. It’s what we play footy for.”

Source: Foxsports.

----------------------------------------

Jack Riewoldt pledged the club would get around young Cumberland, after he was clearly devastated after the siren, stating “footy can be a real bi**h sometimes”.

“He won’t be defined by tonight,” he told ABC Radio.

“It’s the role of the leaders to get around him and make sure the sun comes up tomorrow for him.”

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2022, 08:52:45 AM »
Just as it seemed unlikely either team would be able to score again before the final siren, the Tigers had one final surge left in them, with Marlion Pickett bursting away from a stoppage on the wing and delivering a beautiful kick to teammate Noah Cumberland inside 50.

Cumberland, a thumping long kick, marked seemingly one to two seconds before the siren but, remarkably, played on. The siren then sounded before Cumberland had got his kick away, thus the game ended in a draw.

With his head in his hands, a distraught Cumberland sank to his knees and put his head in his hands before being comforted by Tigers teammates as fans around Marvel Stadium were left bereft.

“You could see Jack Riewoldt in the back saying ‘hold, hold hold’,” St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt told Fox Footy. “It’s hard to get a message out in that moment to say ‘there’s only 10 or 12 seconds left’, particularly when the ball’s on the other side of the ground.”

Triple premiership Lion Jonathan Brown added: “The problem is at Marvel Stadium, even if there’s 25,000 to 30,000, when the crowd gets loud you can’t hear each other out there. It feels like 70,000 or 80,000 at the MCG.

“The inexperience hurt him, but I feel sorry for that young fella.”

Tigers veteran Trent Cotchin said Cumberland and his teammates would learn a lesson from that moment.

“We didn’t know exactly how long (was left) and the clock can churn away pretty quickly,” he told Fox Footy post-game.

“We would’ve loved for Cummy to go back and have a shot, but we back our guys to make the right decision at the right time.

“We’ll learn another lesson, which is completely fine. It’s what we play footy for.”

----------------------------------------

Jack Riewoldt pledged the club would get around young Cumberland, after he was clearly devastated after the siren, stating “footy can be a real bi**h sometimes”.

“He won’t be defined by tonight,” he told ABC Radio.

It’s the role of the leaders to get around him and make sure the sun comes up tomorrow for him.”

Yeah Jack the sitters you missed 2 weeks in row  :banghead.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2022, 09:19:01 AM »
I dount blame either Noah for the loss.

Yes he should have gone back and had a shot. He would have either won us the game or it was a draw. He will learn from that.

I thought he was much better this week than last week. More consistent

His 1st half was brilliant. A bit quieter in the 2nd half but busted a gut with his defensive pressure. Really would love to see him and MJR working together at AFL level. That is something to look forward to