Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52830 times)

Broadsword

Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #435 on: June 14, 2023, 05:45:55 PM »
The Richmond football club would never mismanage a player's development. It's true because it's true.

We'd never single out one player over all others for public criticism because we have an industry-leading culture. Therefore, if any player doesn't make it with us, it's their fault not ours.

We'd never mismanage a player's development. It's true because it's true.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #436 on: June 14, 2023, 06:14:14 PM »
LOL, I’m not sure you you understand the point or the irony , if you have to explain a basic point why bother.
You just keep telling yourself how right you are and some of us will ask why.🤡

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #437 on: June 14, 2023, 07:11:01 PM »
What exactly am I telling myself I’m right about here? I’m just bemused at the over the top criticism and defence that is being endlessly posted on this thread.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: June 14, 2023, 07:47:32 PM »
I believe it would have greater value to explain why he went from a player on the up with a great goal sense last year to our new scapegoat dud with no confidence without  complete victim blaming .
Could it be that the coaches didn’t manage his transition to offensive / defensive player from offensive player as well as they should have .It seems to be a pattern with our small forwards as they want them to be fully defensive where forwards are hard wired to kick goals and lose confidence when they don’t or get a possession

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #439 on: June 14, 2023, 08:03:25 PM »
That could 100% be it for sure.

Couldn’t it also just be that the kid is in poor form or that his form last year was an aberration? Let’s remember, he was playing for his AFL life last season having no contract for 2023 and beyond. Now that he got resigned for 2 more seasons, could he be less motivated? He wouldn’t be the first or last athlete that has happened to.

We’ve gone from the highest scoring side last season to a mid-low scoring side this season. I would think that this would naturally cause a forwards output to decrease and mess with his confidence.

I just don’t buy into the fact that Hardwick is some offensive/small-forward killer that has absolutely ruined Noah’s confidence nor do I believe he is a selfish dud player. Just don’t understand why it has to be so strongly one view or the other.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2023, 08:48:49 PM »
I believe it would have greater value to explain why he went from a player on the up with a great goal sense last year to our new scapegoat dud with no confidence without  complete victim blaming .
Could it be that the coaches didn’t manage his transition to offensive / defensive player from offensive player as well as they should have .It seems to be a pattern with our small forwards as they want them to be fully defensive where forwards are hard wired to kick goals and lose confidence when they don’t or get a possession

He’s not a scapegoat, he’s just not playing that good.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2023, 08:49:49 PM »
they wont ever do it to MRJ who i reckon has delivered nothing in the same amount of time.  :shh

Cumberland has played more games than MRJ.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2023, 09:34:19 PM »
I’m not sure what you’re on about , maybe you can share you pearls of wisdom with someone else and stop stalking me!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: June 14, 2023, 10:36:15 PM »
WTF are you talking about mate?
His numbers are horrible this year bar 2 qtrs of afl.
That also includes his reserves games.

Use facts to support whatever it is you are trying to say of STFU!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: June 14, 2023, 10:51:59 PM »
You are not my mate, and who made you captain of the world. SC.
You have no idea what I’m talking  about so wasted effort on you!

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #445 on: June 14, 2023, 11:52:44 PM »
they wont ever do it to MRJ who i reckon has delivered nothing in the same amount of time.  :shh

Cumberland has played more games than MRJ.

AFL games?
Surely not

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2023, 06:50:34 AM »
You are not my mate, and who made you captain of the world. SC.
You have no idea what I’m talking  about so wasted effort on you!

Amuse me by attempting to justify that statement - “what are you talking about”.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2023, 05:02:17 PM »
Why don’t you read what is already been said, if you still don’t get it then I’m not going to put the effort in

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2023, 05:21:50 PM »
WTF are you talking about mate?
His numbers are horrible this year bar 2 qtrs of afl.
That also includes his reserves games.

Use facts to support whatever it is you are trying to say of STFU!
he’s played how many VFL games? He had 20 and 4 in one of them, kicked 3 in another. Maybe his other games were poor but I don’t think his overall reserves stats would be ‘horrible’

TK has said it best. People are annoying each other here because there’s staunch defenders and people needlessly bagging the pee out of the kid with not many in the middle
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #449 on: June 29, 2023, 06:56:10 PM »
Great opportunity for him to cement his place in this team.

Let hope he returns to his best and proves the doubters wrong.
The club that keeps giving.