Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52843 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #465 on: July 26, 2023, 02:06:16 PM »
Noah Cumberland's six-goal haul for @RichmondVFL on Saturday

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1684022378559594496

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #466 on: July 26, 2023, 03:32:23 PM »
Quality set shot kicking right there

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #467 on: July 26, 2023, 05:05:13 PM »
Yeah but what was his space guarding, defensive running & body language like? #notasgoodasmansell :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #468 on: July 26, 2023, 06:22:46 PM »
Yeah but what was his space guarding, defensive running & body language like? #notasgoodasmansell :shh

Not as popular as some others either

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #469 on: July 26, 2023, 06:31:40 PM »
 :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #470 on: July 26, 2023, 07:02:39 PM »
Good to see him playing on instinct again. Kid is a beauty.

Saw him accidentally snub some nuffy in a dufflecoat at the VFL a few years ago, think that was the catalyst for the online hate campaign against him...:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #471 on: July 26, 2023, 07:54:18 PM »
Cumberland was ill at half-time yet still finished with 6 goals.

"Almost the complete game from Noah. He used the ball really well, hit the scoreboard heavily, and put some really good pressure on as well. He was pretty crook at half-time and still hit the scoreboard in the second half, so very pleased with the way Noah went about it." - Steve Morris

Source: RFC website

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: July 26, 2023, 07:57:46 PM »
First class performance and the noted point about the pressure would not be lost on the coaching group. More of this please Noah.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #473 on: July 27, 2023, 12:28:45 AM »
MRJ 22 games    No. 51, 2020 AFL draft

NC 16 games. No. 43, 2019 AFL National Draft: Richmond

one has played 6 more games and has done SFA in my opinion apart from being lazy at this stage of his career, but we better not criticize :shh

Nice try though.
Throw in Cumberlands early  seasons were basically ruined thru injury.

Im accused of being stubborn pig headed and locked in and won't change.
Sheesh plenty of others are far more guilty than me.
They are guilty of far worse and that is being blinkered when it comes to what the club may have got wrong nd gets wrong.

When Noah finally overcame his knee issues last year he forced his way into the team on the back of kicking goals in the vfl and by the way from what i saw there was nothing wrong with the defensive part of his game.

Yep he got into the team and who could possibly complain about his first 8 games which is officially 9 games as he was sub in his first game and did not get on the ground.????.

Sub first actual game  game got on early and kicked 2.3 in what was a great debut.Not a lot of disposals or tackles but he still should have kicked 4. and of the ten disposals, he had to win 6 of em for himself. he looked great not just offensively but defensively.

second game 3.4, 4 tackles 7 i50's   9 c/p  with good game time fmd a kid kicking goals and tackling and applying pressure.

Third game only 1.1 but 6 tackles 4 i/50 and 7 c/p. who said he is defensively poor. it was a lie.

4th game against brisbane not a lot of ball but fmd  kicks 5 straight and lays 3 tackles only the one i/50 but half of his disposals are contested.

I can go on but wtf needless to say probably his worst game for the year was the elimination final. Having kicked 5 against them last time they were going to put some work into him.
He had a quite one but still managed to hit the scoreboard and only had just over 2/3  game time.

Just my opinion but the club have mishandled him poorly ever since. I think the club are still stuck on something that worked for us 4 yrs ago but is clearly a player wrecker and no longer the way the game is. Some supporters defend this when there are so many examples of playing just defensive fwds is no longer enough.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #474 on: August 04, 2023, 10:30:56 PM »
I just don't see what is so good about this guy. Probably made more errors than anybody on the park tonight and doesn't seem to make the right choices often. To all those so bouyant on him, what do you see?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: August 04, 2023, 10:32:28 PM »
I just don't see what is so good about this guy. Probably made more errors than anybody on the park tonight and doesn't seem to make the right choices often. To all those so bouyant on him, what do you see?

Nothing :shh

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2023, 10:36:38 PM »
Not up to it unfortunately. Delist.

Drops marks that12 year olds take. Makes terrible decisions and he is selfish. Has to go.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #477 on: August 04, 2023, 11:19:19 PM »
Play him the rest of the year, then decide, nothing to lose

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #478 on: August 04, 2023, 11:50:30 PM »
I can handle (barely) the goal misses, can almost handle the dropping of simply marks but I can't handle whe  blokes either pull out of contests or refuse to attack a contest.

He did both tonight, not that he was the only one I might add and it cost us.

Had a massive opportunity tonight to make a statement about where he wants to get to on his career and he blew it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: August 04, 2023, 11:53:51 PM »

Nothing :shh

I wouldn't be pointing too many fingers after yet another pee poor w.o.g effort from you tonight. :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell