Author Topic: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium --- Round 18, 2022  (Read 12074 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium --- Round 18, 2022
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2022, 07:14:51 AM »
Beaten in tackles

Wonder who were the zero and one tackler players this week? I’m guessing a few were our foreards given how pathetic we have become at it.

Embarrassing

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2022, 01:15:14 PM »
Got what we deserve.

Most undisciplined team in the competition by a country mile . Leaving wins on the table .

Captains are the worse culprits - what a disaster this co captains appointment has been so far .

Jack - 2 goals 6 ..... FFS

Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2022, 04:22:05 PM »
Matty Lloyd's summary from the Sunday Footy Show:

Go to 3 min mark: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1548462620851654657

* Richmond will be devastated as they were energy sapping misses. Some of these misses [see vid] are not AFL standard. Singled out Baker, Kmac ("gimme for an AFL player"), Balta, Nank and Jack. It hurts you because you do all the hard work and then you just give the ball back to the opposition via a kick-in.

* Richmond copping what they deserve because this is the 5th time they've given up a lead. It's become a pattern.

* Cornes added that Richmond would be scratching their head because late in games they've been undisciplined. Eg: Grimes on Zurhaar who kicked that late stoppage goal. They're not the team they once were and at the moment they are just one of the teams making up the numbers in the Eight.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 04:41:54 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2022, 04:40:14 PM »
Hard to argue with that
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2022, 05:41:01 PM »
Some things really stand out and they have for ages and ages.

We are credited with tackles but i wager the vast majority are not effective. Still think this comes down to the number of small players we play.
Most sides are just standing up or running thru tackles and dishing off at will.

SHEESH how often do we have to talk about the lack of skill and polish. Said last week we had so many and we had hit critical mass
And if it is not a lack of skills and polish its a lack of plain old common footy smarts and even a combination of both.

How many games are we going to keep dropping because we just won't acknowledge the problem players we have in these areas.

All well and good to blame Aarts and Castagna but FFS THERE ARE STILL PLENTY IN THE SAME CATEGORY.

Also it is so clear a seeing eye dog can see the need for a big inside mid or two. I would call this situation dire and the club negligent in this.

The only real highlight for me was Tyler Sonsie and having screamed out for games to put into him and others we finally get a look in round bloody 18. Did the kid waste a disposal?

The lack of key forwards who can at least compete has never been more high lighted. The same as the big mid situation it is dire and borders on negligence.

Last we do not have an accountable medium shut down defender, you blokes know the type one who defends a player at all costs and is rabid if an opponent  gets a kick. How many times do we have to be burnt by players like Cameron bloody ZURHAAR.

I remain adamant if we had some bigger bodies better skilled and adequate depth in talls we would be  top 4 right now and looking a 4th premiership in the eye instead we have sat back and done little in areas that obviously needed attention for some while now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2022, 06:18:25 AM »
Another "expected" 5 goal win thrown away  :thumbsdown.

#AFLNorthTigers Final xScores:
NMFC 92 from expected 76.6
RICH 87 from expected 103.1

https://twitter.com/AFLxScore/status/1548239389477998592

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2022, 11:53:48 AM »
Very hard to stomach knowing we have basically thrown 7 games late. Even if we won just under half of them and were sitting around 12-12.5 wins we'd be top 4.

Absolute rabble.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2022, 12:07:47 PM »
Old habits have creep in and we destroyed our season last 2 games.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2022, 02:43:47 PM »
Old habits maybe , but I suspect old legs and football old minds might have a bit to to do with it also

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2022, 04:15:12 PM »
Old is one thing most of our players aren't!  Many haven't had a chance to develop any habits (positive or negative) at all! 
Against Norf we had 4 players with less than 20 games experience - R-Smith(18), Miller (6), Cumberland (3) & Sonsie on debut).   
Then we could've named any of MRJ (11), RCD (11), Dow (13), Clarke (3) & Ryan (1) as well.   
Take out a few blokes around the 300 game mark & our average experience nose dives dramatically!     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2022, 04:50:59 PM »
Coaches votes: (Hardwick & Adams)

North Melbourne v Richmond

10 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
8 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
3 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
3 Noah Cumberland (RICH)
3 Dion Prestia (RICH)
2 Robbie Tarrant (RICH)

1 Bailey Scott (NMFC)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/802680/coaches-votes-r18-dees-star-closes-gap-at-top-as-seven-players-earn-perfect-10

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2022, 09:52:47 PM »
I have one really Important question. Who was responsible for the Zurhaar debacle? Coaches or players?  He honestly spent a fair chunk of the game with his opponents standing 10 metres from him. Defensively I don't think in all my time watching Richmond that I have ever seen a bigger debacle. Deadset ridiculous. Stupid or arrogant?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2022, 03:06:18 AM »
On the Couch last night showed some highlights of us playing the Roos the last time they sacked their coach and you could only tell the difference because Soldo played last time and not on Saturday. It was Groundhog day: Zurhaar had a day out and North won. Rinse and repeat!  :scream

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2022, 07:02:21 AM »
With this in mind we didn't plan for Zurhaar? Seriously this is disappointing.