Author Topic: How was beating Melbourne 'good'?  (Read 3975 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: How was beating Melbourne 'good'?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2008, 11:57:58 PM »
If Carlton finish with a pick in the pick 8 or pick 9 region, then Richmond will be able to trade for it. Carlton still white hot for Newman. I imagine draft picks will be involved, whether Carlton get another pick or there is a swapping of later round picks i dont know.  ;)

The Blues and the Hawks would be prime teams to raid for high draft picks.

I actually hope Carlton really over-achieve and are a bit careless with their picks, thinking they're not far off and trade them away for a bunch of duds.

i think they r still very far off the mark, however only in their defensive area. i believe they have all positions covered except here.

in saying that, fev goes down and its goodbye calrton
Yep they've got to hope trading away Josh Kennedy doesn't come back to bite them.

I don't see us trading away Newy but let's hope we don't do another Torney trade where we gave away him and traded outside the top 10 giving up pick 4 2 for just one player in return  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 02:04:20 AM »
If Carlton finish with a pick in the pick 8 or pick 9 region, then Richmond will be able to trade for it. Carlton still white hot for Newman. I imagine draft picks will be involved, whether Carlton get another pick or there is a swapping of later round picks i dont know.  ;)

I actually hope Carlton really over-achieve and are a bit careless with their picks, thinking they're not far off and trade them away for a bunch of duds.

i think they r still very far off the mark, however only in their defensive area. i believe they have all positions covered except here.

Yep they've got to hope trading away Josh Kennedy doesn't come back to bite them.

Did you see Judds last 1/4 vs the Pies?

I reckon they are pretty safe.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »

Did you see Judds last 1/4 vs the Pies?

I reckon they are pretty safe.
I've never rated Collingwood. An even hardworking side but lacks the class to win a flag. When the Blues start being competitive against the real top sides then they'll get cred. At the moment it's all hype.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd