Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 904073 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5685 on: June 26, 2022, 01:20:00 AM »
Our best patch in the game coincided with his best patch in the game I thought.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5686 on: June 26, 2022, 02:09:58 AM »
One word. Putrid.

His last 12 months have been mostly garbage for a bloke on a million plus.

Criticise his performance if you must by why bring up his salary? He has earned every cent of that and so much more.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5687 on: June 26, 2022, 04:05:54 AM »
Dustin Martin looks set to stay as a half-forward, as his trademark explosiveness is returning – I feel he is at maximum damage around goals, the only issue being whether he can contribute with Bolton down there as well. He icked a brilliant goal from the boundary line, however also looked a step off the pace, getting caught a few times trying to break tackles.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl-season-2022/2022/06/25/geelong-v-richmond-the-mongrel-review-2/

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5688 on: June 26, 2022, 06:59:27 AM »
One word. Putrid.

Criticise his performance if you must by why bring up his salary? He has earned every cent of that and so much more.

I will criticise what I want or close the whole site down? Everyone has criticised lynch at some stage and we don’t win one flag at least without him so why can’t I criticise Dusty’s salary THIS YEAR.

One word. Putrid.

Ge. Ramps we agree on a fair bit.

But this is an ordinary take. Let's remember he is post 30. Coming off no pre season with kidney issues. The loss of his Dad. Apparent loss of love and desire for game. For someone who has given us everything we ever wanted.

You could make an argument he is welcome to do whatever the hell he wants and collect the rest of his contract playing in VFL. Not that I'm suggesting that but reckon this take is pretty rough.

Kicked a massive goal from boundary when we were absolutely gawn and down 35 points. Granted was well off the pace first qtr but so we're many of us. I'm happy to give him a fair bit of time.

Once again you need to read what I have now mentioned many times. It’s not his output since his personal issues as that is fair enough, but it’s his output since early last year (swans game) Not disputing what he has delivered before then, but past is the past now just ask Clarko. If we thought he was slowing down then I am even more alarmed at the club for not finding help for our mids.

His game was average especially when we needed a leader to step up he didn’t.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5689 on: June 26, 2022, 08:02:51 AM »
Yes let’s shut the whole site down because you don’t like someone questioning your comments  ::)

Sure go ahead and do it but bring up his salary like it gets negotiated at the strt of every season based on his current input makes 0 sense. I say the exact same thing about lynch on his thread and you bring up his contribution to us winning a flag, how many of those finals let along flags do we win without dusty…..? I’ll say it again, he has repaid us in full many times over.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5690 on: June 26, 2022, 08:43:35 AM »
The shut the side down was directed at this site being an opinion based site and if you don’t agree then good for you. Not here to make you agree I’m making my point.

You can keep talking to yourself about years gone by, which I agree with what he has produced, and I will talk about his output since last year. Clearly you lack the mental capacity to seperate the 2.

Lynch is in the same boat. When he performs he performs and when he doesn’t anyone can question his output, and they do.

Cotch. Ffs people at stages this year wanted him gone too.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5691 on: June 26, 2022, 10:09:20 AM »
One word. Putrid.

But this is an ordinary take. Let's remember he is post 30. Coming off no pre season with kidney issues. The loss of his Dad. Apparent loss of love and desire for game. For someone who has given us everything we ever wanted.

You could make an argument he is welcome to do whatever the hell he wants and collect the rest of his contract playing in VFL. Not that I'm suggesting that but reckon this take is pretty rough.

Kicked a massive goal from boundary when we were absolutely gawn and down 35 points. Granted was well off the pace first qtr but so we're many of us. I'm happy to give him a fair bit of time.

I didnt post lol but in fairness he isnt the same player he was. Weve seen his best. If we can offload to Sydney or GWS for a 1st round pick we should take it.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5692 on: June 26, 2022, 10:11:44 AM »
But who knows ... maybe he turns up in September and gives us all a final encore performance. Then we'll be sayong sign him up for another couple on top.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5693 on: June 26, 2022, 10:45:51 AM »
One word. Putrid.

Why get upset when all someone is saying is he is not earning his salary atm.

Some one has to say it and good on FJ  for it. he is way down on form and he is not earning his salary we can't all live in that ga ga land of denial.

Personally i think he has been fantastic and has earnt the right to play poor at times, in fact should be expected at his age and so on but that should not and does not exclude him from criticism.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5694 on: June 26, 2022, 02:16:10 PM »
Not playing to his best but needs time and a bit of respect
1/He didn’t get a pre season - definately needed
2 /a possible career ending injury
3/ His mentor and best friend is no longer there to guide him

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5695 on: June 26, 2022, 02:31:09 PM »
If he wins us one more flag I'm happy for him to take the rest of his contract doing absolutely nothing

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5696 on: June 26, 2022, 03:06:00 PM »
Because salaries aren’t handed out based on match day performances or even season long performances. He earned his contract when it was handed to him in 2017 and I’m not gonna bother going thrrough what he has delivered since then as we all know what that is. If you don’t think he is ‘earning’ his salary right now then well just think how underpaid he was in previous seasons based on what he delivered.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5697 on: June 26, 2022, 03:25:59 PM »
One word. Putrid.

I will criticise what I want or close the whole site down? Everyone has criticised lynch at some stage and we don’t win one flag at least without him so why can’t I criticise Dusty’s salary THIS YEAR.

One word. Putrid.

Once again you need to read what I have now mentioned many times. It’s not his output since his personal issues as that is fair enough, but it’s his output since early last year (swans game) Not disputing what he has delivered before then, but past is the past now just ask Clarko. If we thought he was slowing down then I am even more alarmed at the club for not finding help for our mids.

His game was average especially when we needed a leader to step up he didn’t.

Is it that simple though? He's at the back end of that co tract and is past his peak. He's 31 today. I think a bit of give is needed at the end of someone's contract is not going to be as good say at the start.

A 32 yo Dusty is not going to earn his $ per minute like a 26 yo Dusty. That goes for everyone really. Jack is the same. Edwards and Cotch are the same. No way are they as good as they were 5 years ago earning their contracts.

Harsh take for mine, but agree in that I'd love him to build into some better form.
Go Tigers!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5698 on: June 26, 2022, 05:34:45 PM »
I agree shouldn't escape criticism,  but bit of perspective his bad injury last season and interrupted preseason and then loss of his dad the bloke is still not in the right head space. His past is his past correct , but he owns us nothing we need to stick by him.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5699 on: June 26, 2022, 06:06:55 PM »
I agree shouldn't escape criticism,  but bit of perspective his bad injury last season and interrupted preseason and then loss of his dad the bloke is still not in the right head space. His past is his past correct , but he owns us nothing we need to stick by him.

:clapping