Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 105147 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2022, 03:53:07 PM »
Sam Edmund on SEN:

De Goey will either be at Collingwood or St Kilda next year. I think if you’re a betting man you’re putting your chips in the Collingwood corner at the moment and he stays at the price that is right for Collingwood.

Brodie Grundy is on (for a trade) at the moment. Rule out GWS, but he was blown away by the Melbourne presentation I’m told. Doesn't mean he can get to the Dees. Similar thing happened with Cerra who liked Melbourne but they didn’t have the levers to pull to get him in the door so he ended up going to Carlton.

Brisbane have enquired about Jack Gunston.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/13/sam-edmunds-trade-update-on-de-goey-grundy-gunston-and-more/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2022, 03:54:59 PM »
Sam Edmund on SEN part II (relevant to Richmond):

RICHMOND “COMING HARD” FOR TARANTO AS THE TWO GENUINE CONTENDERS EMERGE

By Seb Mottram
SEN
13 August 2022

Richmond is right in the mix for Tim Taranto, reports SEN’s Sam Edmund.

The 2016 No.2 pick is widely tipped to leave the Giants at the conclusion of the 2022 season, with the club reportedly believing they can cover his loss and are against paying a hefty contract for him.

He was drafted out of the Sandringham Dragons and is all but certain to return home to Victoria should he seek a trade. Collingwood was the original front-runner, but Edmund believes the Tigers are “coming hard”.

Geelong is the other club understood to be in the mix.

“Tim Taranto is a really interesting watch at the moment,” he said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“Richmond are right in the mix here. I know he’s been linked heavily with Collingwood, but Richmond (is) coming hard for Tim Taranto as well.

“So the Pies have a dog in the fight here, Geelong to some extent as well, even though the Cats like the idea of Jacob Hopper in the hoops next year.”

The Tigers' interest makes sense given Dion Prestia's and Dustin Martin's injury troubles this season, while Kane Lambert has retired and Shane Edwards' best footy is behind him.

Taranto, Hopper, Tanner Bruhn and Bobby Hill are seen as the four Giants set to leave the club in the upcoming trade period.

Taranto and Hopper have both featured as two of the club’s primary on-ballers in recent years and could become elite midfielders of the competition as they enter their prime.

“So they’re slightly different, neither have reached free agent status, Taranto is 24, Hopper is 25, but Taranto is out of contract and Hopper is not,” Edmund continued.

“So logically speaking Jacob Hopper will be harder to acquire, but that’s the path the Cats want to go down.

“So Tim Taranto, if you’re sitting here right now, you’re saying he’s either going to be at Punt Road or Collingwood next year.”

Taranto is averaging 25.9 disposals, 4.1 inside 50s and 3.8 clearances throughout his 15 games in 2022.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/13/richmond-coming-hard-for-taranto-as-the-two-genuine-contenders-emerge/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2022, 04:44:36 PM »
Nothing new but Twomey just repeating we're still into chasing Hopper and Taranto.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/823983/-watch-this-space-on-hawks-star-zurhaar-future-up-in-the-air

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2022, 08:22:39 PM »
TIGERS ‘EDGE AHEAD’ OF PIES IN RACE FOR GUN MID

Richmond reportedly leads the race for young GWS star Tim Taranto, reports AFL Media’s Cal Twomey.

Collingwood is the other leading suitor for the Giants midfielder, who appears almost certain to join a number of teammates in leaving the NSW club this off-season.

Salary cap issues mean the Giants cannot re-sign both Taranto and Jacob Hopper - the latter is contracted for one more year, while Taranto is out of contract but not a free agent - and they are willing to undergo a “reset” and let several players leave this year.

Bobby Hill and Tanner Bruhn are also expected to depart.

Taranto, the Giants’ best and fairest winner in their 2019 Grand Final season, appears more likely to join the Tigers than the Magpies at this stage.

Collingwood’s off-season and cap scenario is likely to be more complicated with Daniel McStay joining the club, Bobby Hill and Billy Frampton linked to them and the Jordan De Goey contract issue needing to be resolved.

“I think the Tigers have edged ahead (of Collingwood) for Taranto,” Twomey reported on SEN Breakfast.

“They have had interest in Jacob Hopper, but if you’re putting a market on it that Geelong would be favourites for Hopper and that would leave the Tigers to go a bit more all-in on Taranto.

“I do think the Pies have had interest in him for a fair while now. A lot might depend on salary cap space and what happens with Jordan De Goey.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-tim-taranto-to-richmond-collingwood-gws-deal-lewis-melican-willing-to-leave-sydney/news-story/23fe05f84538b01cf2e960c8df51d20e

Broadsword

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2022, 08:26:01 PM »
Collingwood are FOS. Should have no money. Make your damn minds up.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2022, 09:34:20 PM »
Love to hear it. Will be a great addition to our midfield if we can get this through. Only 24 yo too about to hit the prime of his career.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2022, 10:09:45 PM »
Who the stuff would go to Collingwood on big money these days.

Look at Treloar and Grundy. They offer them big, back-ended contracts and as soon as the premiership window shuts boom they are being shipped around and trashed to the media like Treloar was.

Richmond back ended Lynch and Dusty and we are bloody paying them despite dropping down the ladder. That's loyalty to your players.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2022, 06:38:54 AM »
Tiger71 and Crock's trade talk on BF's podcast last night:

Starts around 36:00 min mark: https://twitter.com/BFtigercast/status/1561663133197815808

----------------------------------

Summary:

* Taranto is 85%-to-a-"lock" to come to Richmond. Between us and GWS. New coach (Kingsley) convincing him to stay the only thing that could put a spanner in the works.

* Hopper also a chance but less likely compared to Taranto (60%) as being contracted makes it harder. Again new coach may convince him to stay and GWS will try to keep him if they lose Taranto. Geelong now more interested in Tanner Bruhn or De Goey (if they win the flag and Dangerfield retires).

* We won't be going after Tom Green while he is contracted. He is also a very loyal kid. 

* We're showing interest in Gold Coast's Darcy MacPherson who is a medium forward/midfielder.

* The noise about Junior (Willie) Rioli coming to Richmond won't go away. Still hasn't signed with the Eagles. The biggest noise   is he will retire but if he plays on it won't be at West Coast. With his dad passing away he wants to be closer to family. So the noise linking him to us won't go away.

* Fogarty is less likely now. We have shown interest.

* No to both Matt Crouch and Blake Acres.

* We're going to be creative with our picks (currently 12, 19 and 30). May use them, a future first rounder and fringe players to get deals done.

* Kingsley at GWS may help us get trades done. He may take players off us he likes and knows well. Also GWS can't bring in A-graders via trades to replace those going out as they need TPP relief. So they may be willing to accept other players along with draft picks.

* RCD doesn't have the attributes to fit our system. Fracture between him and Dimma last year (almost traded) which hasn't fully been mended. So he may become part of a trade.

* Soldo could also be a name thrown up as ruckman are sought after.

* The Club feels we have depth in the backline. So we're targeting both forwards and mids.

* Cotch is playing on next year (unless of course he cops some sort of a serious injury).

* Jack Riewoldt playing on depends on our TPP and what deals get done. If the TPP is increased by 5% as the Club is hoping for then Jack may get another year.

* A player to keep an eye out on that we may have interest in during next year's trade period is Hawthorn's Jacob Koschitzke.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2022, 09:13:00 AM »
Interesting info. Taranto would be a huge get. I’d like to keep our picks too.
RCD sounds like trade bait, I wonder what attributes he is missing that say Castagna or Aarts have that had them play so many games.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2022, 09:30:15 AM »
Interesting info. Taranto would be a huge get. I’d like to keep our picks too.
RCD sounds like trade bait, I wonder what attributes he is missing that say Castagna or Aarts have that had them play so many games.

Yes you do wonder

Seeing the coach has said numerous times they see him playing the Cotchin role

And what was I saying about favourites  :whistle
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:34:48 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: August 23, 2022, 12:38:02 PM »
But it’s BF lads. So we know it’s made up….
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #251 on: August 23, 2022, 02:50:04 PM »
IZAK Rankine has informed Gold Coast of his desire to continue his career in South Australia.

Rankine told the Suns on Tuesday morning he wanted to explore a trade to Adelaide.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/829120/rank-out-suns-gun-asks-for-trade-to-hometown-club

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: August 23, 2022, 02:59:58 PM »
Tiger71 and Crock's trade talk on BF's podcast last night:

Starts around 36:00 min mark: https://twitter.com/BFtigercast/status/1561663133197815808

----------------------------------

Summary:

* Taranto is 85%-to-a-"lock" to come to Richmond. Between us and GWS. New coach (Kingsley) convincing him to stay the only thing that could put a spanner in the works.

Keen on him! Get it done Tiges

* Hopper also a chance but less likely compared to Taranto (60%) as being contracted makes it harder. Again new coach may convince him to stay and GWS will try to keep him if they lose Taranto. Geelong now more interested in Tanner Bruhn or De Goey (if they win the flag and Dangerfield retires).

Less keen, injury concerns

* We won't be going after Tom Green while he is contracted. He is also a very loyal kid. 

Pffft why wait, try and get him ASAP

* We're showing interest in Gold Coast's Darcy MacPherson who is a medium forward/midfielder.

Meh

* The noise about Junior (Willie) Rioli coming to Richmond won't go away. Still hasn't signed with the Eagles. The biggest noise   is he will retire but if he plays on it won't be at West Coast. With his dad passing away he wants to be closer to family. So the noise linking him to us won't go away.

Also meh

* Fogarty is less likely now. We have shown interest.

Bummer, very keen since he was drafted. Now he's showing the talent I know he had so I doubt we can get him

* No to both Matt Crouch and Blake Acres. \\

Thank goodness

* We're going to be creative with our picks (currently 12, 19 and 30). May use them, a future first rounder and fringe players to get deals done.

Happy to go the draft personally but if the right player is available I trust the club to trade accordingly

* Kingsley at GWS may help us get trades done. He may take players off us he likes and knows well. Also GWS can't bring in A-graders via trades to replace those going out as they need TPP relief. So they may be willing to accept other players along with draft picks.

Don't know who we have with currency personally that I'd trade

* RCD doesn't have the attributes to fit our system. Fracture between him and Dimma last year (almost traded) which hasn't fully been mended. So he may become part of a trade.

Strange comment. I think he's worth a shot but maybe the club has written him off. Shame

* Soldo could also be a name thrown up as ruckman are sought after.

Open to this but who do we have if Nank goes down?

* The Club feels we have depth in the backline. So we're targeting both forwards and mids.

Thank goodness for this. Mids and KPFs our biggest need for 2-3 years previously

* Cotch is playing on next year (unless of course he cops some sort of a serious injury).

Great news

* Jack Riewoldt playing on depends on our TPP and what deals get done. If the TPP is increased by 5% as the Club is hoping for then Jack may get another year.

Disappointed if TPP cap is the reason he doesn't go on

* A player to keep an eye out on that we may have interest in during next year's trade period is Hawthorn's Jacob Koschitzke.

Interesting. Shows a bit but not as much as Lewis

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: August 23, 2022, 03:06:12 PM »
Sam Edmund on SEN today:

Tim Taranto (GWS)

“Tim Taranto is on the radar at Collingwood as he is at Richmond.

“He’s set to make a decision on his future by the end of the week. GWS doing their exit interviews at the moment.

“He will meet Adam Kingsley. He was determined to meet whoever the new coach was going to be out of respect.

“If we’re talking about Taranto, Hopper, Hill, Bruhn – they’ve really dug in, GWS, on keeping Taranto.

“They’ve had a two-year offer and a four-year contract offer on the table for him since mid-year.

“He’s the one that GWS want to keep. Whether he reciprocates that enthusiasm remains to be seen.”

Jacob Hopper (GWS)

“Targeted a long way out by Geelong.

“I think the Cats offer maybe a first-rounder for him and it’s done.

“Hopper’s 26 in February, he does have a year to run on that contract, but I think he’s the one the Cats are absolutely after.”

Junior Rioli (West Coast)

“Out of contract at West Coast, future well and truly up in the air at the moment.

“He’s got an offer from the Eagles, financially, that offer is light.

“This is a decision that goes well beyond the boundary line.

“I think it’s fair to say Junior likes life at West Coast, he would be keen to say, but he’s got some significant family logistics to work through and what that looks like will shape where he plays next year.

“He’s got a lot of extended family in Melbourne, a city that offers his immediate family more support than in Perth, it just depends on what Junior wants to do.

“His exit meeting is taking place at West Coast today.”

More about other players not linked to Richmond here:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/23/edmunds-mega-trade-update-on-taranto-jackson-gunston-rioli-and-more/

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #254 on: August 23, 2022, 09:09:52 PM »
Yeah they were Defs saying the same thing about Lynch. I don’t think pies can move without knowing what is happening with de goey and Grundy either which works in our favour.