Author Topic: Pick 12 - who should we draft?  (Read 87439 times)

Offline Stylo

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Pick 12 - who should we draft?
« Reply #540 on: November 26, 2014, 08:11:35 PM »
Im well and truly ready to lose my hsite tomorrow. Don't let me down FJ and can please pick duds like you usually do. This draft event only comes up once a year so its important for us to continue with our policy in here of slaughtering our recruiting records. Please start with the kid that only kicks at 49% and has a rooted foot. Im so looking forward to tomorrow and please don't get any bright ideas and start recruiting good players. That's not how we roll at Tigerland. Its dud, moneyball cheapskates and then more duds. Please!

You're ready to lose your poo over Richmond drafting a kid who I presume you've never seen play live?

I never watched

Burn
Jon
Heppell
Conca

Play live either

Just saying, you've formed a pretty conclusive assessment of this kid's ability based on a 3 minute highlight package filmed in a year he struggled with injury, and didn't show a lot of his pack work (clearances are boring highlight fodder).

FWIW I'd prefer others at pick 12 too but I don't believe the gap between Ellis and those I prefer is very large, if there at all. I'll trust the guys who've watched these kids play for thousands of hours over my own (and many others') judgement.

Would you agree that we need another classy inside mid?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: November 26, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »
Im well and truly ready to lose my hsite tomorrow. Don't let me down FJ and can please pick duds like you usually do. This draft event only comes up once a year so its important for us to continue with our policy in here of slaughtering our recruiting records. Please start with the kid that only kicks at 49% and has a rooted foot. Im so looking forward to tomorrow and please don't get any bright ideas and start recruiting good players. That's not how we roll at Tigerland. Its dud, moneyball cheapskates and then more duds. Please!

You're ready to lose your poo over Richmond drafting a kid who I presume you've never seen play live?

I never watched

Burn
Jon
Heppell
Conca

Play live either

Just saying, you've formed a pretty conclusive assessment of this kid's ability based on a 3 minute highlight package filmed in a year he struggled with injury, and didn't show a lot of his pack work (clearances are boring highlight fodder).

FWIW I'd prefer others at pick 12 too but I don't believe the gap between Ellis and those I prefer is very large, if there at all. I'll trust the guys who've watched these kids play for thousands of hours over my own (and many others') judgement.

I agree we do, but we need a line breaker much more. That is why Nakia Cockatoo is so good. He is a very powerful unit who oozes x factor and has genuine pace. When I saw him play for the allies I couldn't believe this guy wasn't top 10 material. You just have to look at how powerful he would be after 2 or three preseasons. It actually doesn't take much imagination. He could easily reach Dangerfield like levels with the correct application and training.  We are dying for a player like that but the club ever pulls the trigger. Hawthorn has several times with Rioli (pick 12 I think too) and Brad Hill and look how that has helped them.  FFS we have just uncovered a great inside mid in Miles. We need an outside guy with electrifying speed and skill.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #542 on: November 26, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »

I never watched

Burn
Jon
Heppell
Conca

Play live either

I've not concluded anything

Nor have I watched the video

I would just rather a slider' than 'reaching'

We need an inside mid but we probably need an outside on that not a squib more. And a tall and ruck wouldn't hurt. Hence id like best available

tony_montana

« Reply #543 on: November 26, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »
Should we be taking a kPP like Lever, or Goddard if they slide?

the claw

« Reply #544 on: November 26, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
depends on what mids are left. for me theres 4 mids i reall want i know for sure two wont be available with one other a very sml chance imo. if the 4this gone im looking straight away at talls dagain depending on whos still there.  there are 4 talls id be happy to take at 12 and one or two of em could be there.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: November 26, 2014, 09:55:40 PM »
The Saints want a tall, they'll look past Petracca with #1.
Bump  ;)

Would like Laverde, feel we will get Ellis. Can't go wrong really.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #546 on: November 26, 2014, 09:56:31 PM »

Yes

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: November 26, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »
Ellis to me looks like the kind of player who figures in premiership teams.
Cool as a cucumber, beautiful kick, hard at it.
A natural footballer.

I'm not hung up on speed if a kid knows how to play the game. Footy smarts can cover plenty.

Frank and his team will have looked over countless vision of all these boys.
Laverde, Weller and Duggan included.
If they think Corey at pick 12 is the best bet to play 250 games, then with pick 12 I am happy with that until shown to be wrong.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:19:14 PM by Mr Magic »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #548 on: November 26, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »
Ellis it is according the Brett Anderson even if Duggan and Weller are still available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick question, if Weller and Ellis are both available at 12 who do you see Richmond taking and also, who do you prefer?

BA: Nope. Ellis wins.

Do you think Richmond would pick Ellis over Duggan?

BA: Tight call. Yes.

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/status/537550898809946112

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #549 on: November 27, 2014, 03:16:25 AM »
Sam Landsberger and Jay Clark are now the exception with their phantom draft. They have us selecting Duggan.

12. RICHMOND

Liam Duggan (Western Jets)

H: 183cm W: 75kg

Midfielder

The Tigers are blessed for choice with the outside midfield options available, but Duggan looks the safest bet. The smooth-moving left-footer boasts supreme ball use and would complement Brett Deledio and Brandon Ellis.

The twist: Tigers have been long-time fans of Corey Ellis, who has a stronger inside game.

http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-phantom-draft-2014-jay-clark-and-sam-landsberger-predict-who-your-club-will-pick/story-e6frfkp9-1227132256899

Rampstar

« Reply #550 on: November 27, 2014, 05:04:11 AM »
Ellis to me looks like the kind of player who figures in premiership teams.
Cool as a cucumber, beautiful kick, hard at it.
A natural footballer.

I'm not hung up on speed if a kid knows how to play the game. Footy smarts can cover plenty.

Frank and his team will have looked over countless vision of all these boys.
Laverde, Weller and Duggan included.
If they think Corey at pick 12 is the best bet to play 250 games, then with pick 12 I am happy with that until shown to be wrong.

Not with the footage I've seen. Slow, indecisive and had an injury which supposedly was the reason he only kicked at 49% efficiency in TAC Cup action. Id hate to see the number at AFL level if all he can do is 49% at junior footy.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #551 on: November 27, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »
Im well and truly ready to lose my hsite tomorrow. !

Lol

Rampstar

« Reply #552 on: November 27, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
Ive got beers in the fridge, snacks ready to go these idiots better not wreck my night by picking someone with a pre condition or someone who is slow as treacle. We want speed and class then more speed.

dwaino

« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #554 on: November 27, 2014, 10:20:29 AM »
Ive got beers in the fridge, snacks ready to go these idiots better not wreck my night by picking someone with a pre condition or someone who is slow as treacle. We want speed and class then more speed.

Wanna get some spirts on hand