Author Topic: The Season so far  (Read 3345 times)

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: The Season so far
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 11:33:54 PM »
I would have to say better than expected.

After watching the round one mauling, I thought the wheels had well and truly fallen off.

We should have beaten the Saints, and it was a good win against Brisbane.

Carlton and Essendon were terrible games to watch (skill wise) as we should have been miles in front.  But good tough wins which I will take.

Sydney looked fantastic, as did West Coast and I never expected any upset of those two. 

We are definitely a mid table side at the moment.  We are better than the sides we beat, plus maybe Hawks and Roos. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 02:45:31 AM »
Win one of the next two and we amazingly will have got through the first 10 weeks all square which at the start of the year we would have taken as a bonus. Not bad for a young side that could have dropped its bundle not once but twice after 100+ floggings. I still see us finishing in the bottom half but these type of wins mean supporters will not lose faith despite a step backwards now and then like last week.

Btw there goes the priority draft pick lol. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 03:16:22 AM »
we dont need picks, we have a good nunch of young kids developing

btw, we can beat geelong next week if we just stick to our guns. geelong are at their lowest at th emoment and we must not let them get back into form and go out in th efirst quarter and attack like theres no tomorrow.

we have a good run home in the second half of the yr! u never know , footy is a funny game and one thing is 4 sure, this team is starting to show character. we got flogged by th edogs and came back hard v the saints and were stiff
we get flogged by the swans and look what happened today!
 under spud we would have been smashed today

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 04:04:17 AM »

Clubs never stop needing top draft picks as you're deadmeat if you rest on your laurals thinking your list is good enough. You continually need to add more and better talent to not only climb up the ladder but stay there. Just look at how the premiership clubs from 1999-2004 are the bottom 4 clubs on the ladder now. It only takes a couple of years of poor recruiting to get left behind. In our case it was 20 years of crap recruiting  :P

IMO the Saints and Cats are starting to pay for topping up and not continuing to improve their respective lists in the drafts following the ones they had all those early picks. Both have stupidly traded away first round picks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 01:02:10 PM »
When I saw the draw I thought if we could be 4-4 after 8 rounds we would doing really well. After 7 we are 3-4 and after the start we had I think that's an OK result.

Hmm............ I think it's fair to say I reckon we are doing really well  :thumbsup

:gotigers :gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 03:32:54 PM »

IMO the Saints and Cats are starting to pay for topping up and not continuing to improve their respective lists in the drafts following the ones they had all those early picks. Both have stupidly traded away first round picks.

cats ands saints biggest problem has not been recruiting, they still have gr8 players on their lists, their problem has been, palin and simple, sticking with 2 coaches who cannot take what they have to the next level. not the players , not the recruiting, just the coaches! get rid of these 2 and those teams will do better