Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176061 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2016, 01:56:24 PM »
Just got to love the mediocrity crew

Mediocrity is giving away your best asset

Meanwhile, a quarter of the list are list blockers

Your not going to be able to upgrade  on quality by changing spuds for gold no matter how many you package together

Actually Chucky you sort of indirectly can now under the new points system for father-son picks & the academy kids...... I agree though that you also need to be prepared to put quality on the table if you want to get quality in return.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2016, 01:58:50 PM »

Your not going to be able to upgrade  on quality by changing spuds for gold no matter how many you package together

trading deledio while key pillars of your team are hunt/morris, chaplin, grigg, houli, hampson is stupid no matter how you mix it

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »

Actually Chucky you sort of indirectly can now under the new points system for father-son picks & the academy kids...... I agree though that you also need to be prepared to put quality on the table if you want to get quality in return.....

Actually read an article about the talent in the GWS academy this year. Couple of kids expected to go top 10 and another few all potential draftees. You've mentioned the points system numerous times now and it definitely has a lot of merit, hopefully the club can see it. Could easily get back into the 2nd round this year and with some smart trading we should aim for more

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »

stanley pick 19

vickery pick 19 and give whoever wants bellis and conca. Theres 3 inside 20 for our new recruiter.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »

stanley pick 19

vickery pick 19 and give whoever wants bellis and conca. Theres 3 inside 20 for our new recruiter.

Good luck finding anyone who will give you picks inside 20 for any of those three

Bellis may have a sniff but I doubt it

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2016, 05:19:46 PM »
As I was implying Chucky, even if we only get get late picks for the likes of Conca, Grigg, Houli etc...which is likely....we can then  bundle up those picks and trade them to a club that needs points for father son picks or academy picks for earlier picks.....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:40:18 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2016, 06:11:52 PM »

stanley pick 19

Good luck finding anyone who will give you picks inside 20 for any of those three

Bellis may have a sniff but I doubt it

ryhs stanley/daisy/cristensen say hello.. around the 20 mark they were.
and dont give me that jackstar nonsense that he was a descent player at the saints.

agree re: conca but im sure there is a sucker out there just like us.

Vickery will give us a pick inside 20 when he goes to another club, which is on the cards.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2016, 10:49:09 PM »
Griff top 10
Tyrone 2nd rounder
B Ellis 2 rounder
Grigg 3rd r

:shh

Lid 25 touches first half wtf
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »

Shame that he still has the same issues with not being able to handle attention. Was manned up tighter in the second half and was barely seen

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2016, 11:57:50 AM »

Shame that he still has the same issues with not being able to handle attention. Was manned up tighter in the second half and was barely seen

Wrong he got it another ten times and was important

He isn't fit yet ...  Were u expecting 50 possessions?

If it were up to me I would keep lids. Good week for trade value for the lesser players

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »

Had a couple of big important touches. I'd take that 9 possession half over most of our players.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »

If it were up to me I would keep lids. Good week for trade value for the lesser players

Wrong? So you don't think he was manned up tighter? I was excepting no less than 60

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2016, 12:05:03 PM »

Wrong? So you don't think he was manned up tighter? I was excepting no less than 60

True he was tagged

He was in track to have a 50 possession game hence he would of been tagged

Wrong he was barley sited. He had another ten quality touches. With a tagger. Whilst not fit

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2016, 12:06:52 PM »
Not sure he is far off being fit, did a lot of running just not a lot of kicking.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Robbo and King again saying trading Deledio must be considered (SEN)
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2016, 06:43:46 PM »
Robbo and King: Trading Deledio must be considered

Justin Talent
SEN
05 Jun 2016

Richmond’s list needs to be shaken up with an injection of quality young players, and trading star Brett Deledio to obtain further first round draft picks needs to be an option for the club to move forward, says Mark Robinson and David King.

The 29-year-old remains a fan favourite and an integral part of the under-siege Tigers, but questions over the quality of players the club have recruited from deep in the draft has left gaps in the list that King believes can’t be fixed without elite talent.

“In my opinion I reckon the club has let Damien down. I think that their draft selection after the first round pick has been nigh on a debacle and they have had no faith in late picks,” he said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“Instead of taking a late pick they have gone for a mature player who is capped at being a six out of ten AFL commodity.”

“You can’t just be stuck in that middle ground of the AFL table. You need to work out a way where it either might cost you one to two years but you’ve got a vision”

King believes an option to create a clear vision for the future of the club is offer Deledio on the trade table this season.

“They may have to look at Deledio and say ‘Can we get two first round picks for this guy? Can we get a pick at the end of this year and the end of next year?,’ he said.

“He’s probably got four, five good years left in him. He’s been a wonderful player but he could go to a top club and make a huge difference. That’s the sort of decision they have to make.”

Mark Robinson agreed, stating that no matter how much Richmond fans may dislike the idea, Deledio will not form a part of Richmond’s next premiership.

“The Richmond fans hate it. (They say) “No, he’s one of us”. That’s fine. Keep him. Having him as a one club player is terrific,” said Robinson.

“But if he left and you got a first (round pick) this year and a late first next year, that’s two players. The regeneration is not going to take one year, it’s going to take three or four years to build up so maybe when Daniel Rioli is 25 they’re coming into a time when they are seriously challenging for a flag.”

Dermott Brereton disagreed, stating that if Richmond consider trading any of their stars, they will o into free-fall down the table.

“There is (trade bait) but they go south. If they trade their trade-able commodities, one or two of them, they go south,” he said.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/robbo-and-king-trading-deledio-must-be-considered