Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176108 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2016, 06:02:37 PM »
AFL trade, Brett Deledio, Richmond Tigers

Sarah Olle
July 7, 2016

BRETT Deledio has rebuked suggestions he could be trade bait come season’s end, despite conceding the team “comes first”.

After the Tigers’ capitulation to Port Adelaide last weekend, Hawthorn legend Jason Dunstall suggested no one at Richmond was safe from the trade table.

Dunstall said it was imperative the Tigers traded whichever player could get them the right deal, regardless of whether they were the captain or a first-year player.

If Richmond was to rebuild and look to the draft, Deledio, 29, could be on the chopping block. The No. 1 draft pick has currency and could help the Tigers attain a first-round draft pick.

But he told Fox Footy’s AFL Tonight that he wouldn’t be putting his hand up for a trade.

“I haven’t been told directly that I’m not on the trade table, but when a club is in a position that we are then questions are going to be asked,” Deledio said on Wednesday.

“I’d like to think that I’d be welcomed back next year and the year after. The club always comes first and they have the decision to make, but as I said I’m contracted for next year so I won’t be putting up my hand to go anywhere.”

Deledio said he was disappointed at how the discussion regarding Richmond’s list had been played out in the media, saying he was confident in coach Damien Hardwick’s plan for the club.

“I wouldn’t want to be staying there myself if I didn’t believe (the club was heading in the right direction),” he said.

“We’re confident that what we’re building is working for us. It hasn’t been a great year for us this year, but we’re invested in what Dimma’s doing with us. We’ll be better for this bad patch of form this year.”

The 241-game veteran said the team had the high-end talent to rewire and again lead the club to finals in 2017. He singled out the top echelon of talent as the players capable of steering that change.

“I certainly don’t think we need to throw everyone out and completely rebuild,” Deledio said.

“I think we’ve got some good talent there. We’ve certainly shown we’ve got some high class players, like (Dustin Martin), Trent (Cotchin), Jack (Riewoldt) and (Alex Rance). We’ve got to try and build some younger guys around them and bring in some other talent as well.

“I don’t agree with Jason that we need to put everyone up because you could end up at the bottom of the ladder for a long period of time.”

In particular, Deledio was strident when it came to the question of trading the dual All-Australian full back in Alex Rance. To him, “Rancey” was untouchable.

“I’d be pretty disappointed if it was Rancey,” he said.

“I’d be disappointed if it was any of my close mates at the club or anyone for that matter. Rancey has been one of the shining lights this year, along with Dusty. He continues to battle his backside off, week in, week out with full four quarter performances.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/brett-deledio-admits-he-hasnt-been-told-hes-untouchable-when-it-comes-to-the-trade-table/news-story/cc7eec3821c75f34ec01191c2571d97d
The players are the only ones that seem confident in Dimma's game plan. Or at least they say they are?? The rest of us that watch it each week disagree. And the fact that we are 12th on the ladder and probably/hopefully heading south tells a different storey. Wake up FFS.

What do you expect him to do/say?, poocan the club the coach, as if that's going to happen?

Honestly some people need to wake up FFS
A couple of weeks ago he said we were still a chance to win a premiership this year.  :lol
Most guys can say a lot without actually saying much.
We as supporters have to put up with the poor performance  this year, we don't need to put up with players constantly talking crap about how good we are or how well someone is coaching when the results talk to themselves.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2016, 06:23:33 PM »
actually we do.

we dont have to like it, but we have to put up with it
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
AFL trade, Brett Deledio, Richmond Tigers

Sarah Olle
July 7, 2016

BRETT Deledio has rebuked suggestions he could be trade bait come season’s end, despite conceding the team “comes first”.

After the Tigers’ capitulation to Port Adelaide last weekend, Hawthorn legend Jason Dunstall suggested no one at Richmond was safe from the trade table.

Dunstall said it was imperative the Tigers traded whichever player could get them the right deal, regardless of whether they were the captain or a first-year player.

If Richmond was to rebuild and look to the draft, Deledio, 29, could be on the chopping block. The No. 1 draft pick has currency and could help the Tigers attain a first-round draft pick.

But he told Fox Footy’s AFL Tonight that he wouldn’t be putting his hand up for a trade.

“I haven’t been told directly that I’m not on the trade table, but when a club is in a position that we are then questions are going to be asked,” Deledio said on Wednesday.

“I’d like to think that I’d be welcomed back next year and the year after. The club always comes first and they have the decision to make, but as I said I’m contracted for next year so I won’t be putting up my hand to go anywhere.”

Deledio said he was disappointed at how the discussion regarding Richmond’s list had been played out in the media, saying he was confident in coach Damien Hardwick’s plan for the club.

“I wouldn’t want to be staying there myself if I didn’t believe (the club was heading in the right direction),” he said.

“We’re confident that what we’re building is working for us. It hasn’t been a great year for us this year, but we’re invested in what Dimma’s doing with us. We’ll be better for this bad patch of form this year.”

The 241-game veteran said the team had the high-end talent to rewire and again lead the club to finals in 2017. He singled out the top echelon of talent as the players capable of steering that change.

“I certainly don’t think we need to throw everyone out and completely rebuild,” Deledio said.

“I think we’ve got some good talent there. We’ve certainly shown we’ve got some high class players, like (Dustin Martin), Trent (Cotchin), Jack (Riewoldt) and (Alex Rance). We’ve got to try and build some younger guys around them and bring in some other talent as well.

“I don’t agree with Jason that we need to put everyone up because you could end up at the bottom of the ladder for a long period of time.”

In particular, Deledio was strident when it came to the question of trading the dual All-Australian full back in Alex Rance. To him, “Rancey” was untouchable.

“I’d be pretty disappointed if it was Rancey,” he said.

“I’d be disappointed if it was any of my close mates at the club or anyone for that matter. Rancey has been one of the shining lights this year, along with Dusty. He continues to battle his backside off, week in, week out with full four quarter performances.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/brett-deledio-admits-he-hasnt-been-told-hes-untouchable-when-it-comes-to-the-trade-table/news-story/cc7eec3821c75f34ec01191c2571d97d
The players are the only ones that seem confident in Dimma's game plan. Or at least they say they are?? The rest of us that watch it each week disagree. And the fact that we are 12th on the ladder and probably/hopefully heading south tells a different storey. Wake up FFS.

Wake up BT. It's called media training. They are forced to lie of te PC society

What do you expect him to say? Dimma is a flog with nfi? That'd  go down well 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2016, 11:21:45 AM »
He got 15 odd touches in the 'premership' third quarter when the game was very much still alive if the Club were not a right bunch of moron-plodders.

It's not that easy to play forward pocket in a crap team with three people on you when the instruction is to kick the ball to the wing / pocket in idiot coaching predictable manner
Game was over at half time.
Why is it do you think we don't play him onball anymore consistently?
game was not over at half time, again proving you are an idiot.
Mate, you are the f$&King idiot if you believe that.
Keep waving your pom-poms long into the last quarter did ya!
Wake up DHead!
:woohoo Dogged is back. :bow

C'mon BT, that sort talk is unecessary. As the great Dogged once said you can't have an opinion unless you've played the game at the highest level. We are all idiots in the light of this great mans natural glow.  :rollin

We should be glad to hear of the great insights & pearls of wisdom this former AFL star has for us on all football issues, especially our club.

Deledio had never played a bad game & never let us down nor has Cotchin had trouble shaking the tag from second string hacks. The coach is a legend too and all is great at Punt road.  :rollin
Please enlighten us oh great one. Tell us why our club is still failing when we have such superstars like Hampson, Brandon, Vickery, Chaplin, Houli, Griffiths, Grigg, Hunt & Astbury in our best 22.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »
Corey enright 35 signed a new deal...

The guys a jet but IMHO a level below lids in most aspects of the game

If he does leave - if would e a huge boost to hawks / cats / gws next title tilt 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
One club player :shh

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2016, 10:12:52 PM »
One club player :shh

Why would he want to leave when he can pick up 650k a year and never be questioned for peeweak efforts on field

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2016, 10:13:58 PM »
He'd make more on an open market

One reason he may want to leave is to play in a club that is not Shyte

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2016, 10:38:08 PM »
Clean kick and nothing else. Injuries biting.

30 next year.

Trade out and trade up
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2016, 10:38:55 PM »
Yep trade

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2016, 10:57:19 PM »
Clean kick and nothing else. Injuries biting.

30 next year.

Trade out and trade up

Marking
Defending
Handbling
Tackling
Running
JUmping

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2016, 11:02:50 PM »
Is going to have the same issues with his body at the start of every season, he is damaged goods in my opinion and will never be the player he once was.

Not sure who would take him off our hands and if someone does it would only be on the back of medical reports giving a positive outlook which i just dont think is the case.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2016, 11:04:13 PM »
Is going to have the same issues with his body at the start of every season, he is damaged goods in my opinion and will never be the player he once was.

Not sure who would take him off our hands and if someone does it would only be on the back of medical reports giving a positive outlook which i just dont think is the case.

Gee whiz

Hawthorn / gws would bite our hand off

Fair enough to be on the down on lids bandwagon yet it's folly to think a top 6 club wouldn't be keen as mustard to get him

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2016, 11:22:19 PM »
pick 8 and pick 6 to the tigers for lids. Come on board prestia conca and some other jackson midget dud.

Only at the RFC. Will be a dean polo draft all over again.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2016, 11:27:16 PM »
Why Deledio is not played in the forward half flank & left there stumps me