Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176105 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2016, 04:52:16 PM »
This is what would have happened at punt road if we were the club in the boyd situation

Bents is in the mask

Not really.

I'd do Weitering for lids & #6

:shh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »
How's the three stuffwits who just pick on what people say with seemingly no opinion of their own

Fluctuaters.

Flatuators the lot of them

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
How's the three stuffwits who just pick on what people say with seemingly no opinion of their own

Fluctuaters.
:clapping
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2016, 09:50:40 PM »
That's bents in his casual wear going to the shops
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2016, 12:00:35 AM »
On Ch7 news tonight, it sounded like Balme is backing Deledio to stay. He said 'you want keep your best players'.

Hutchy and especially Barrett were trying to say on Footy Classified that Deledio wasn't definite when answering questions about his future this week. They replayed Lids' interview on RSN927 and afterwards Lloyd said "that's what you want to here from a player. Strong words about hitting any talk of leaving on the head." Barrett then chipped in, while smirking, and said to Lloyd, "So you really think Deledio was strong there?" Lloyd said "yes!". Hutchy added that Deledio should have looked down the camera [ed. Lids was on the radio by the way, Hutchy] and said "I'll be playing at Richmond next year" to quash any speculation. Caro said players at this time of the year don't always say what they want to say (eg: Dangerfield). Hutchy said if a $$$ offer for 3-4 years is put up then Deledio will jump at it. Lloyd said "Deledio loves Richmond too much". Hutchy replied, "how could he refuse the money?" to which Lloyd replied, "for some players it's not about the money". Caro added that Deledio may want to stay but he may be reflecting that the Club is unsure whether it wants to keep him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2016, 01:28:11 AM »
What would a good list management / senior coach do such as the doggies - with lods and Richmond list?

I thought they were smart and brave with the Boyd deal

However he has retained the like of and is gettin really good footy out of:
R Murphy   
M Boyd   
D Morris

They have also improved and or bought in J Adcock, L Picken, T Dickson, M Suckling   

My feeling is a more talented people would formulate a plan to build around deledio

While they got rid of a number 1 draft pick whose dodgy leg(s) made his club (and plenty of others) question how many games he would play again. Oh mmm that sounds familiar doesn't it ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2016, 03:36:59 AM »
Brett Deledio – Market Value

By Sarah Lucken
footyprophet.com
September 20, 2016

Player Name: Brett Deledio

Current Club: Richmond Tigers

Potential Club:
While Deledio remains contracted for 2017, his manager Anthony McConville refuses to comment on where the 29-year-old will be playing football next year. Clubs which are either in their premiership window or looking for experienced players would be interested in Deledio. The two most likely seem to be Geelong and Gold Coast, but we may see some interest from GWS once their maiden finals campaign is over.

The original price: Richmond paid a premium for Deledio, using selection number one – a priority pick – in the 2004 National Draft to snare the ex-Murray Bushranger ahead of Hawthorn’s Jarryd Roughead and the Bulldogs’ Ryan Griffen.

The Good: There’s a whole lot of good about Brett Deledio. So much so that Richmond would be loathed to lose him. From a playing perspective, he’s quick, he has an excellent kick and he hits the scoreboard. Versatility sets him apart; While he could be utilised anywhere from half-back to half-forward, his most dangerous position is the latter. Off the field, he’s a leader, the vice-captain of the club and a dual Jack Dyer medallist.

The Bad:
Prior to 2014, it would have been hard to find the bad side of the consummate professional. However, injury struck early in the 2014 season and he hasn’t been the same since. Niggling Achilles and calf injuries have plagued the last three years of his career, limiting him to just 48 games in that period and hindering his output when on the field.

What his club wants:
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has stated that the Tigers top-end talent won’t be traded when the trade period opens on October 10. However, should Brett Deledio be traded, the club would look for draft picks in return. Recruiting mature age players hasn’t worked for them in the recent past, so the option to get more quality young talent into the club will be strongly considered. The fact that Dion Prestia has requested a trade to Richmond may peak some interest.

What he’s worth: A number one draft pick with the talent and credentials of Brett Deledio will still attract a lot of interest, regardless of his age. Richmond should be able to demand a first-round draft selection for him.

What we’d pay:
A late first-round selection, around Pick 15-18.

Possible trade scenarios:

Richmond trade Brett Deledio to Geelong for Steve Motlop.
    Richmond trade Brett Deledio, Pick 6 and a second-round draft pick (to be acquired in trade period) to Gold Coast for Dion Prestia and Pick 8.

The Verdict:
Richmond really needs to decide where they’re at as a club before they know which direction they’re going to move in when the trade period comes around. Are they going to target quality young talent through the draft while making some hard decisions on veterans along the way? Or are they going to continue to top up with mature age players? The decision with regards to Brett Deledio may well be taken out of their hands if the vice-captain requests a trade.

Star Rating: 4.5/5

If he’s even a little bit disenfranchised with Richmond, Brett Deledio could well be on the move.

http://footyprophet.com/brett-deledio-market-value/

tony_montana

« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2016, 09:10:35 AM »
Will his Achilles need to be managed for the rest of his career or is he fine now and 'the best its ever been' to borrow a line from Lids himself. If he's 100% then keep, he'll play till his 35 at least and will be very valuable up fwd, but if its chronic then cut our losses and move on..

I know Ive seemingly yoyo'd on this one in this thread so I'll clarify my thinking

If he's damaged goods then move him on
If he's 100% then keep bc we wont get value out of trading him. Top 25 player in the comp in full flight, a top 20 pick is rubbish compensation

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2016, 09:30:39 AM »
What's the lotto numbers gunna be tm ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2016, 09:42:01 AM »
im with bents, you dont trade your stars for overated blokes like motlop, but package him up for T Mitchell and its salute lids

be bold FFS and offer up lids and edwards

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »
Play lids FF next year and he will kick 40+. GWS are still very keen on Edwards as a Stevie. J replacement :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »
im with bents, you dont trade your stars for overated blokes like motlop, but package him up for T Mitchell and its salute lids

be bold FFS and offer up lids and edwards

Think you will find Edwards is most definitely on the table

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #342 on: September 23, 2016, 12:13:51 PM »
What's the lotto numbers gunna be tm ?

Surely its not that hard to diagnose whether his achilless problems are chronic or he's 100% better

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: September 23, 2016, 03:32:04 PM »

Richmond trade Brett Deledio, Pick 6 and a second-round draft pick (to be acquired in trade period) to Gold Coast for Dion Prestia and Pick 8.

So Deledio and 2nd round pick for Prestia and a downgrade of first round picks? Surely not?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #344 on: September 23, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »

So Deledio and 2nd round pick for Prestia and a downgrade of first round picks? Surely not?

Yeah I don't get it. Take away the second rounder and it feels about right.