Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176061 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #450 on: October 06, 2016, 12:21:58 AM »
The future of Brett Deledio remains unclear, with the two-time best and fairest winner interested in moving to Geelong, but the Cats not yet in a position to either fit him under the salary cap or provide the Tigers with adequate compensation.

Steven Motlop is seen as the player most likely to be moved to enable Geelong to open up room and secure Deledio or even Carlton’s Zach Tuohy, whom the Cats are also interested in. Tuohy has a three-year offer on the table from the Blues.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-is-looking-to-secure-swans-ruckman-toby-nankervis/news-story/052f07bb17d18fca6cdce88062769085

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2016, 12:29:05 AM »
lmao at rfc being the minnow pawn, bled by successful clubs
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: October 06, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »
The future of Brett Deledio remains unclear, with the two-time best and fairest winner interested in moving to Geelong, but the Cats not yet in a position to either fit him under the salary cap or provide the Tigers with adequate compensation.

Steven Motlop is seen as the player most likely to be moved to enable Geelong to open up room and secure Deledio or even Carlton’s Zach Tuohy, whom the Cats are also interested in. Tuohy has a three-year offer on the table from the Blues.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-is-looking-to-secure-swans-ruckman-toby-nankervis/news-story/052f07bb17d18fca6cdce88062769085

These journo's make crap up.
" the 2 time b and f winner interested in moving to Geelong"
Not what I have heard at all.
He doesn't wanna go anywhere.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: October 06, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »

Spot on as this is the info i had confirmed yesterday. Lids should be playing his career out with the Tigers.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #454 on: October 06, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »
Cockatoo & Kolodjashnij or pick 35 thanks.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: October 06, 2016, 05:07:50 PM »
Cockatoo & Kolodjashnij or pick 35 thanks.

That would be a start. Was told Lids for Motlop was and is never going to happen!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #456 on: October 06, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »
There was some 'talk' suggesting bombers are interested in Deledio this afternoon, at this early stage wide of mark.

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7/with_replies

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #457 on: October 06, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »
"Geelong have some pretty complex salary cap issues that probably preclude them from getting Deledio" - Tom Browne on 7 news tonight.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:03 PM »
"Geelong have some pretty complex salary cap issues that probably preclude them from getting Deledio" - Tom Browne on 7 news tonight.

Oh this is the same Tom Browne that stated on Tuesday night he was heading down the highway.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: October 06, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »
Complex? What do they think it is? The latest propulsion formula for the Elon Musk's Martian spaceship?

They either have space or they don't I would have thought. Maybe the would need to front end and backend the contract, leaving the middle bit down or do something like that, but it would hardly be difficult.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: October 06, 2016, 11:20:52 PM »
Good old Patty filling his pockets down Corio way.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #461 on: October 07, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »
Sounds like Essendrugs pretty complex performance enhancement program, any of collingwoods trades, or the punt road building..that's a pretty complex too
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: October 07, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »

Callers saying Lids was seen at real estate agents in Torquay and Ocean Grove sourcing places to buy.

His brother, Matt, plays footy for Torquay and looks a lot like Lids.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #463 on: October 07, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »
Jon Ralph also feels it might be time for Richmond to let go of Brett Deledio, so they can sign Dion Prestia from the Gold Coast Suns, while not giving up their prized pick six in this year’s draft.

“I suppose my point is Brett Deledio is 29, he is 30 in April…I love him as a player, I’ve loved his durability,” he said.

“I would think Richmond aren’t going to win a Premiership in the next three years and anyone who thinks they will, it’s a pipedream.

“Maybe the tough decision is to say Brett, we will help trade you to the Gold Coast or to a third party, that allows them to get in a youngster in Prestia and also keep that pick six.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2016/10/05/jon-ralph-discusses-chris-yarran-and-brett-deledio/

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #464 on: October 07, 2016, 01:25:12 PM »
let me get this straight, now the media interview each other as though they speak for the clubs and their players?  LOL stuff me pooting
Lots of people name their swords......