Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176077 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio off to GWS [merged]
« Reply #1020 on: October 19, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »
Emma Quayle from the age who i rate extremely highly in the journo stakes

Is saying it will likely be a future 1st rounder

Whicj if that means next years draft, that's a win because they are saying next years is going to be a bumper draft. Two 1st rounders would be great result

2 first rounders?

Come on

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1021 on: October 19, 2016, 09:50:57 PM »
Emma Quayle from the age who i rate extremely highly in the journo stakes

Is saying it will likely be a future 1st rounder

Whicj if that means next years draft, that's a win because they are saying next years is going to be a bumper draft. Two 1st rounders would be great result

2 first rounders?

Come on

What?

If GWS trade us a future 1st rounder for Lids it means we will have 2 first round picks in 2017

The one we get for our ladder position and then the one from GWS = 2 1st round picks

What part don't you get  :huh
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1022 on: October 19, 2016, 09:52:40 PM »
Sorry I misunderstood Willy . Got it
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1023 on: October 19, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
AFL website says GWS will trade us the pick they get from Carlton for Marchbank for Deledio.....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #1024 on: October 19, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »
AFL website says GWS will trade us the pick they get from Carlton for Marchbank for Deledio.....

And isn't that the pick they (Carlton) get for Gibbs? This could be real 11th hour stuff.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1025 on: October 19, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »

And isn't that the pick they (Carlton) get for Gibbs? This could be real 11th hour stuff.

Heres to GWS accepting something pox from the blues knowing it gets fed to us at the last minute

Blues win again.....
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1026 on: October 19, 2016, 10:03:22 PM »
Might be pick 5....... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1027 on: October 19, 2016, 10:05:48 PM »

Heres to GWS accepting something pox from the blues knowing it gets fed to us at the last minute

Blues win again.....
Explain to me how pick 13 is pox?

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1028 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:23 PM »
We will be paying a large chunk of the salary as the Giants are nearly over their cap of 32million. :thumbsdown

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1029 on: October 19, 2016, 10:37:13 PM »
We still may get him back with a future first rounder
Caracella and Balmey.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1030 on: October 20, 2016, 12:15:19 AM »
Dear GWS,

Hand over your Pick 15 for Deledio and it is a deal!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1031 on: October 20, 2016, 03:45:18 AM »
The Age is saying the pick traded back to us in exchange for Lids will be GWS's 2017 first rounder. Given the Giants are likely top 2 finishers next year then that would be a late first rounder.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants grab Deledio

Michael Gleeson
The Age
20 October 2016

Richmond ... will send star veteran Brett Deledio to Greater Western Sydney for a future first-round pick on the final day of the trade period.

Hours after the Tigers secured Dion Prestia from Gold Coast, their vice-captain Deledio agreed to join the Giants on a three-year $1.5million deal.

Deledio flew to Sydney on Wednesday to tour the club and meet the coach, football staff and doctors. He was contracted to Richmond for next year on about $800,000.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2016-deledio-to-giants-as-tigers-move-on-caddy-20161019-gs62cu.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1032 on: October 20, 2016, 03:47:10 AM »
The Herald-Sun, though, is saying pick 15 for Lids.

--------------------------------------------------

Brett Deledio announces GWS Giants as preferred destination as trade deadline looms

SAM EDMUND AND SAM LANDSBERGER
Herald Sun
October 20, 2016

BRETT Deledio has demanded a trade to Greater Western Sydney, despite an 11th hour contract offer from the Western Bulldogs.

The wantaway Richmond star was on Wednesday night agonising over the two clubs, with Geelong recruiting manager Stephen Wells declaring the Cats’ bursting salary cap had ruled it out of contention.

Sources close to Deledio said the relationship between he and Richmond had become untenable.

The All-Australian is desperate to put two years of nagging calf and Achilles problems behind him with a fresh start at a new club and was uncertain over his Punt Rd future beyond 2017.

Yet the Tigers will seek a first-round draft pick as compensation for a two-time best-and-fairest winner who has played 243 games in 12 seasons.

The Giants are armed with picks No.2 and 15 and will haggle for another early selection from Carlton for Caleb Marchbank.

The Blues could send Geelong’s future first-round pick to the Giants to seal Marchbank’s arrival, but GWS would still be able to land Deledio with this year’s pick 15.

The Bulldogs came hard for Deledio, completing medical examinations on the 29-year-old on Wednesday.

The premiers had arranged a medical with Deledio a few weeks ago, but pulled out when coach Luke Beveridge went cold on the idea. However, they were keen to add Deledio’s finishing class to a side tailor-made to his abilities.

Deledio was in Sydney on Tuesday for meetings with GWS coach Leon Cameron and head of football Wayne Campbell, a former teammate.

Two months ago he had laughed off talk of a move to the burgeoning Giants.

“I was watching ‘Dimma’ on On The Couch the other night and it come up about GWS and my wife only caught the end of it and she goes, ‘I don’t think I can move to GWS, I don’t know anyone up there, we’re going to have another child, I’m not going to have any support or anything like that’,” Deledio said.

But star Giant Stevie Johnson foreshadowed Deledio’s shock defection on Instagram.

On Sunday Johnson commented on Deledio’s post: “Deledio to Giants, heard it here first!! #talkedhimintoit”.

The boom trade means Giants’ coach Leon Cameron can slot Deledio and Johnson into the team which narrowly fell to the Western Bulldogs in the preliminary final.

The Giants have been installed favourites to win the premiership in just their sixth season.

Deledio will be the fourth No.1 pick on the Giants list, but will likely have the final year of his lucrative contract reworked to comply with the Giants 2017 salary cap. GWS may also demand Richmond pay some of his salary.

He will join fellow stars Johnson, Heath Shaw and Ryan Griffen in wanting to finish their careers at Spotless Stadium and will add further silk to a side blessed with transition power.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brett-deledio-announces-gws-giants-as-preferred-destination-as-trade-deadline-looms/news-story/3312dc68bdc1e9dad9d0e7a8f7afd00b

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1033 on: October 20, 2016, 03:49:13 AM »
"I've heard that WHE is involved in the Deledio trade as a Pie man please tell me that's not true."

https://twitter.com/billyP1969

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1034 on: October 20, 2016, 06:44:18 AM »
"I've heard that WHE is involved in the Deledio trade as a Pie man please tell me that's not true."

https://twitter.com/billyP1969
I hope it is and it is a bit of payback for Adam Treloar.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.