Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2019  (Read 19832 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Non-Richmond games 2019
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »
In a weird way, Their club is full of highlight reel players that do flashy things but they don’t have any hard but blue collar types. They need a Selwood or a Chapman (in his prime) or a hodge desperately. But until then I will enjoy their meltdowns

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2019, 11:08:38 AM »
Bomberblitz is fun reading these days. Reminds me of us in here years ago lol.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2019, 11:50:33 AM »
In a weird way, Their club is full of highlight reel players that do flashy things but they don’t have any hard but blue collar types. They need a Selwood or a Chapman (in his prime) or a hodge desperately. But until then I will enjoy their meltdowns
Look at the character of the players they have brought in.

Shiels - quick turn of pace but very messy. Cotchin goes harder for the ball and he decides to whinge about it. Soft in the head.
Saad - downhill skier
Is there a bigger piece of poo in the league than Jake Stringer?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2019, 08:08:38 PM »
Whinging about playing at the 'G has really paid off so far, eh Scotty!

Geelong playing like they are psyched out by the big ground once again. Timid and in disarray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »
If geelong had any brains they'd sack him and get another coach.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2019, 10:55:47 PM »
Replace Chris with Brad   :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2019, 10:58:44 PM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2019, 01:36:50 AM »
Chris Scott should concentrate on his snail paced gameplan that gets ripped to shreds in finals as well as not guessing the weather forecast before he sooks about playing at the 'G. Off the top of my head he's only coached 3 wins from their 13 finals since 2012. Scott also let Sidebottom run around and do what he pleased which Dimma learnt the hard way not to do last year.

I never thought I'd see the day when Ablett would be daylight worst on ground in a final. Fumbled and coughed up the ball every time he went near it which wasn't too often. A player with a lesser reputation would be dropped based on that performance alone. 

As for the Pies, the dominated the game yet won by only 10 points kicking 9 goals to 7. They look dangerous if their small/mid-sized forwards are feed ball in space but once Geelong tightened up their team defence, the Pies struggled to score without a big key forward as an long 'out' contest. I know we lost to the Pies badly last year in the Prelim, but I don't see us fearing either side if we ended up playing them (hopefully not famous last words touchwood). Both sides copped injuries too. Dusty's tagger Greenwood has done an ACL apparently while there's question marks over DeGoey's hammy.
For the Cats, Mitch Duncan has done a medial.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2019, 04:46:13 PM »
GWS vs Dogs has been the best of the 3 finals so far. Giants should be further in front but their mental fragility has kept the Dogs in it.

Ch 7 just said DeGoey will miss the PF as he has reinjured the same hammy and it will be a risk playing him in the GF if they get that far. A big loss for the Pies.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2019, 06:27:13 PM »
Well there goes the Doggies. Worse for them is Naughton injuring his knee. You don't want any player copping a long term injury especially if it turns out an ACL. Just adds to a year of serious injuries to key players :P.

So the path for us to a Grand Final is at the 'G and we'll either play Geel or WCE in a Prelim if we win tonight or GWS in a Semi if we lose followed by the Pies in a Prelim.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2019, 09:44:57 PM »
Gotta feel for the Dogs. The were super exciting I’m how they turned their season around. Reminded me of when we won 9 in a row only to be out of petrol tickets for an EF on the road

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2019, 10:30:57 PM »
GWS vs Dogs has been the best of the 3 finals so far. Giants should be further in front but their mental fragility has kept the Dogs in it.

Ch 7 just said DeGoey will miss the PF as he has reinjured the same hammy and it will be a risk playing him in the GF if they get that far. A big loss for the Pies.

Off to Germany to see some a grade surgeon who performs hamstring miracles.

I hope asada are waiting for him at the door step when he arrives

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »

Off to Germany to see some a grade surgeon who performs hamstring miracles.

I hope asada are waiting for him at the door step when he arrives

Grimesy went to the same bloke a few years ago

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »
Whispers from our experts, a Geelong star could be a late-out tonight with rib damage.

No confirmation on who at this stage but we do believe Danger copped a hit to ribs against Pies but he didn't seem affected in the immediate aftermath.

Meanwhile, Tim Kelly hasn't trained this week because, according to Chris Scott, he has a "sniffle"

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-friday-september-13-2019/live-coverage/bd5743a81b49a3d29ee1edd02c3912cd

If this rumour is true and Dangerfield is out and Kelly isn't 100% then Geelong is stuffed.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2019, 08:15:49 PM »
This Brisbane-GWS final is one crazy game of footy. Massive momentum swings depending on who is winning the clearances. Defending is an after-thought.