Author Topic: Do we now have more A-graders than just Browny?  (Read 1527 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Do we now have more A-graders than just Browny?
« on: May 10, 2005, 03:09:25 AM »
We did a similar thread last year and we came up with one A-grade player where A-grade going by Mike Sheahan is "a classification reserved for players with exceptional talent, no obvious weakness and a history of consistency".

Browny was there. Have Cogs?, Richo?, Joel? or anyone else on 2005 form moved into the same bracket or are they just very good B-graders?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: Do we now have more A-graders than just Browny?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 06:53:00 AM »
MT,
I think Nathan Brown is actually an A+ grader,
which does leave room for a couple of A graders - Richo being one of them

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 07:17:35 AM »
MT,
which does leave room for a couple of A graders - Richo being one of them

i agree and brown wil be a ablett like freak by the time he is done!

we do not have many a graders yet but we have a host of players that are on the way to be, tuck, cogs, deledio, tambling, krak, meyer, newman, pettifer, johnson, simmonds ! these guys all have teh potential to be a grade players in our team in their respective positions

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 09:54:12 AM »
Richo is an A IMO - wins games off his boot and has been a constant in a side that has struggled over the years. Browny is the CLASS act. Cogs has the potential to get there but with his interruption will need a couple of years to prove himself as I think he will.
Delideo just has that something special I will nominate him as one now but will be a few years before he can be put in the A list.

Not many clubs get more than 3 or 4 so if one of the others mentioned by X can get there wer'e set for big thing's must admit I am pretty impressed with meyer's poise  :thumbsup

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 10:20:33 AM »
Im going to put my hand up and say Gas is an A. If the All-Australian was picked TODAY, he would be a shoe-in as first defender picked on current form. Too many people black-marked his name based on last year.

Willing to give the year to prove me right/wrong.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 01:05:15 PM »
In the past you'd an "On song" Richo is defintely A Grade - I actually reckon these day he is an full time "A Grade"

I am hoping in the years to come we will have a few more names to throw around once our youngsters develop. :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 01:29:22 PM »
Browny and Richo (although going by Shehans definition might not make it).
Joel and Gas just make it into the B+.
We have growing crop of B graders.
Call me in 6 rounds time and we'll see where we are at.

PS - Mike Shehans mid season top 50 will be interesting.
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 05:52:32 PM »
I'd probably mark them like this:

Brown: 85/100
Richo: 78/100
Cogs: 78/100
Johnson: 75/100
Gaspar: 75/100
Newman: 75/100

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 05:54:18 PM »
MT,

I think Browny's awesome but he had poor returns against Cats and especially the Saints. If he can rip their backlines apart when we face them again like he is doing now against the mediocre teams then he'd become a A+ grader IMV.

Im going to put my hand up and say Gas is an A. If the All-Australian was picked TODAY, he would be a shoe-in as first defender picked on current form. Too many people black-marked his name based on last year.

Willing to give the year to prove me right/wrong.

Gas has only has lowered his colours once against Williams of Hawthorn while has won his position in nearly every other game. As a defender is in A-grade form as his field kicking has also been better this year. Agree om21, Gas is definitely AA full-back right now. Browny and Richo would be our other AAs IMO.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 05:59:51 PM »
I think people are barring up too hard over Gas. He had four kicked on him by that dud Kingsley, Williams beat him and he broke even with Gerhig.

He has had some good games, the highlight being his job on Tredrea, but he hasn't been as outstanding as people are making him out to be.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 06:02:10 PM by JohnF »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 06:08:16 PM »
I think people are barring up too hard over Gas. He had four kicked on him by that dud Kingsley, Williams beat him and he broke even with Gerhig.

He has had some good games, the highlight being his job on Tredrea, but he hasn't been as outstanding as people are making him out to be.

With Kingsley and Gehrig the ball was coming into our defence with little pressure. That's why KIngsley's a dud. He should be kicking bags of 6+ every week with Ling, Bartel, Ablett, Corey, Kelly and co feeding him lace out passes.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 06:09:29 PM »
Gaspar is a difficult one. You take Michael or Leppitsch out of the great Brisbane side, and replace them with Gas and he would look great in parts taking the number 2 opposition forward for a change and getting the ball to ground for Pike and Johnson to rebound, but would look even more out of depth in the basic skills dept. Mal Michael was the benchmark IMO, and Gas is nowhere near it, but is as honest as they come and has held up the backline over a number of years with second-rate support. Elite by the string of his teeth as a reward for his comeback.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 06:31:30 PM »
Ok, ok, 78/100  ;D