Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 244524 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #720 on: March 24, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »
Well the Heart are playing finals and Victory is being run into the ground. :lol :rollin :lol

I still expect the Olympiakos to win. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #721 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »
FFA is believed to be prepared to use as much as $5 million of its own money to fund a Western Sydney team in next season's A-League.

It is understood the head body will break the news today, despite huge concerns it might be making the wrong move in rushing the bid.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to make the announcement today, in which she will also announce funding for the growth of the game in western Sydney.

The new entity is expected to replace Gold Coast United in the 10-team league.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/ffa-to-fund-western-sydney-team/story-fn63e0vj-1226318048051

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #722 on: April 05, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
No surprise - Gold Coast United has been officially axed with West Sydney entering the A-League next season.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1100381/FFA-axes-Gold-Coast-United

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #723 on: April 06, 2012, 11:58:23 AM »
A League has now made Gold Coast defunct adding to North Queensland and Auckland Kingz.

Maybe they should have gone for the Canberra side who already had fans who had taken out memberships at $200 a piece at a total of $400,000.

A League will need this West Sydney side to be successful and not another white elephant.

Only Melbourne Heart from the new expansion sides has survived and has a sound business plan.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2012, 11:39:19 PM »
A League has now made Gold Coast defunct adding to North Queensland and Auckland Kingz.

Maybe they should have gone for the Canberra side who already had fans who had taken out memberships at $200 a piece at a total of $400,000.

A League will need this West Sydney side to be successful and not another white elephant.

Only Melbourne Heart from the new expansion sides has survived and has a sound business plan.

Rumours are they have lost millions of dollars in each of their first 2 years. Thats not a sound business plan tucker. Thats just stupidity.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #725 on: April 10, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »
Tinkler just pulled out of the Newcastle Jets. The A League is finished. And the best news is yet to come - at least one more owner is seriously considering pulling out of a key market. Hip Hip Hooray, New Football is going under  :lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: April 10, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »
BILLIONAIRE mining magnate Nathan Tinkler is handing back his licence to run the Newcastle Jets A-League club.

The shock decision, announced at a 10am media conference in Newcastle today,  will send shock waves through the sport and the controlling body, Football Federation Australia.

The decision comes less than a week after FFA announced it would fund a western Sydney team in next season’s A-League and just a month after the head body controversially stripped Gold Coast United owner Clive Palmer of his licence to run that club.

Speaking to Fox Sports news, FFA chief executive Ben Buckley said he was bitterly disappointed with the decision and denied claims his organisation had refused to meet with Hunter Sports Group.

“We had a meeting with Mr Palmer (Troy) 10 days ago,” Buckley said.

He added the HSP has a binding contract with the FFA until 2020

Tinkler agreed to a 10-year deal to run the club almost two years ago, paying $10 million for the licence after the head body had stripped former owner Con Constantine of the licence.

However, the leviathan racehorse owner has had a frosty relationship with FFA over the past four months after it was suggested he had paid “over the odds” for the acquisition fee for the Jets.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nathan-tinkler-jettisons-a-league-licence-in-newcastle/story-e6frg7mf-1226322690023

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #727 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »
Be interesting to see what clauses are in the contract. The FFA will try and hold him to it.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #728 on: April 10, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
caught someone from FFa on the news saying they dont accept he can just hand the licence back
 :lol

professional sport is hard enough to flourish in if you are trying. imagine forcing someone to field a team when they don't to :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #729 on: April 10, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
caught someone from FFa on the news saying they dont accept he can just hand the licence back
 :lol

professional sport is hard enough to flourish in if you are trying. imagine forcing someone to field a team when they don't to :wallywink

Not a good look for the FFA that as poor business model is losing money for clubs and that they can't fold or back out.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #730 on: April 25, 2012, 02:49:04 AM »
Ange is coming home to Melbourne to coach the Victory :thumbsup

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/ange-postecoglou-quits-brisbane-roar/story-e6frfg8x-1226337129333

Btw Brisbane deserved the title as they were the best side all year but still Berisha is a cheat. Disgraceful penalty decision especially in a GF and the way he carried on after it was given just made the situation even worse.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #731 on: April 25, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »

With Ange coming home I wonder if Flagman will sign up seeing Ange is a South Melbourne legend.  ;)

If anyone can turn Melb Victory it's Ange
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: April 25, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »

With Ange coming home I wonder if Flagman will sign up seeing Ange is a South Melbourne legend.  ;)

If anyone can turn Melb Victory it's Ange

Look i personally dont like the sport but all ive heard from greek friends is how much they hate Victory and love Sth Melb H and Ange p.

I wonder if this changes everything??

ENTER FLAGS
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

10 FLAGS

« Reply #734 on: April 27, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »
There is NO CHANGE! I hope Postecoglou, Trimboli and Petersen take'm for everything they got. Lastly, Postecoglou and Trimboli are not coming home, they are simply doing a professional job for a bordello of an organisation, all these Victory clowns should be thanking god for South Melbourne FC. Victory would be finished if it wasnt for the saviors coming from the SMFC. Anyway, its about time that rabble, the riff raff down at the Victory got some class. You'll be seeing improvement now, and maybe you'll start playing some decent football instead of that scottish long ball rubbish theyve been engaged in. Youll also see real leadership when Poste and Trimmers go BANG and start getting rid of the crap at your club. If your club had any class they will produce a banner at next seasons first home game saying
"Thank God for South Melbourne FC- The Saviours of Australian Football" thats on the front of the banner on the back of the banner it should say "Melbourne Heart - Out, SMFC - In" If you clowns at the Victory fail to show some gratitude it'll just be proof that most of your supporters live on Middle Class Welfare and are full on bludgers. Tony Abbot should be Prime Minister - the Commie should be Out, Australians are sick of her!

The End!

Actually Not Yet -

South Melbourne FC - Australia's most successful club in Australian Football History and FIFA's Club of the Century! I know that burns all you Victory people but it is what it is.

The South Will Rise Again! Just ask Postecoglou and Trimboli and Petersen. Actually go and get a list of your club shareholders lol (Even though theyll probably do their dough- its not my problem). You'll be in for a shock - The South Will Never Die!