Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 244620 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1065 on: December 22, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
Had to drive up Punt rd > Swan st just before the game, disgusting game disgusting supporters. Newsflash this is austraya....

Thats a pretty appalling perspective. Was the newsflash from OneNation radio?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1066 on: December 22, 2013, 01:22:56 PM »
Had to drive up Punt rd > Swan st just before the game, disgusting game disgusting supporters. Newsflash this is austraya....

:nopity

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1067 on: December 22, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »

More about the way they conduct themselves, but whatever ...derps

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1068 on: December 22, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »

More about the way they conduct themselves, but whatever ...derps
There are a small number of teenage idiots who are wannabee 'ultras' (most aren't really supporters/members either and only turn up to big games like a derby to be attention seekers and hanger on-ers in the northern terrace (north end cheer squads)); however, to label the whole sport and its supporters as disgusting is ridiculous. The wings where the families sit and southern end cheer squad are tamer and quieter than at the footy. I'm sure CUB, like me, you didn't take kindly to the media here labeling all Richmond supporters as spitters because of a few morons hanging over the race entrance. Every sport has its few morons.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1069 on: December 23, 2013, 12:04:47 AM »
Do u have a source or are you speaking rubbish?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1070 on: December 23, 2013, 03:34:05 AM »
Always the voice of reason MT, sure there would be "normal" people that go.
But a minority wouldnt require all the police that I saw, I dont go to soccer and it was like something you see on telly from the deros OS. Setting off a flare on Swan st also didnt help my view considering it made me late.
I find it un-australian and thats just my opinion of course.
I dont like gutless wimps on the net and I dont like gutless wimps that are full of FALSE Bravado in a mob ...
Thatl do Ill stick to the mans footy from here

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1071 on: December 23, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »
Oh my god a flare?

How many people died cause if this?

Ten? Twenty?

Doesn't look very "wanna be " to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdbphEC7Rwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPEgoH31wkU

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1072 on: December 23, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »
here are a small number of teenage idiots who are wannabee 'ultras'

If you go into the North Terrace I think you will find many people are grown men. In regards to "wannabee", I don't know what your definition of ultras is. Yes, they many not be as fanatically as ultras of Napoli that stab opposition fans, or South America where the football and politics are strongly intertwined. However, These people sing for 90 mins + every game. They pay thousands to fly across Asia to support the club over thousands of kilometers. They enhance the football MVFC plays by actively supporting them. They go to the same pubs as the players and celebrate victory with them after grand finals. They have close ties to the club and the players and the player appreciate it as can be seen by the way the celebrate goals with the fans or attend fan functions. They also fight opposition 'wannabee 'ultras'. No doubt there is an element of bandwagoners as there is with every sport / club but the core of NT fans are fair dinkum. Many of them have South American or European background with football and were closely tied to Colo Colo or Austrian clubs (for example) before moving to Melbourne.

The FFA has hired anti terrorist squad (HATAMOTO - fsticks) to video tap these people so to me it doesn't sound that "wannabee". The sheer number of riot police at MVFC-sydney/adeliade games is another indication that is reasonable serious.

I have seen young players inspired by the traveling MVFC fans are lift, 'grow another leg' another gear to to passionate and unwavering support. Something that is excellent. Hopefully something that is replicated at Punt Road oval.

They may be Wannabee, but they are doing enough to upset the likes of CUB

(most aren't really supporters/members either

Many of the NT are real members and supporters.

and only turn up to big games like a derby to be attention seekers and hanger on-ers in the northern terrace (north end cheer squads));

IMO the 'ends' are alot more passionate than say your AFL 'cheersquads'. Colour, songs, music, active support. A whole another level in comparison.

sure there would be "normal" people that go.

What is normal?

The people that drink two mid strength $20 beers at the AFL and clap hands occasionally?

But a minority wouldnt require all the police that I saw, I dont go to soccer and it was like something you see on telly from the deros OS. Setting off a flare on Swan st also didnt help my view considering it made me late.
I dont like gutless wimps on the net and I dont like gutless wimps that are full of FALSE Bravado in a mob ...

Police dont understand anything about soccer. They are more or less anglo-saxon bogans who have fall understanding of 'real' association football supporters. ten people signing a song in unison scares they crap out of them because of underlying racist elements in the police force and a non-understanding of soccer culture.

IMO, flares add color and atmosphere to the world. They are also good for throwing at people.

Anyone that uses the term 'un-australian' to degrade a group of people is usually a moron, and thats just my opinion of course..

As i have stated these people often spend thousands of dollars following MVFC across australia. Its no unusual to a thousand traveling supporters go to away games in Sydney or similar numbers of Adelaide. When you take in consideration that Australia is a very big country in comparison to european team that are normally quite close to each other then its all the more impressive.  They are happy to fight (in some cases) police or other fans. IMO this means they are not gutless but in fact passionate.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:36:40 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1073 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
 :clapping :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1074 on: December 23, 2013, 11:43:15 PM »
Always the voice of reason MT, sure there would be "normal" people that go.
False bravado from a small minority occurs at the footy as well especially at Collingwood games.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1075 on: December 24, 2013, 02:58:16 AM »
Judge Roughneck - The Hayley Joel Osment of Racism.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1076 on: December 24, 2013, 05:23:52 AM »
here are a small number of teenage idiots who are wannabee 'ultras'

If you go into the North Terrace I think you will find many people are grown men. In regards to "wannabee", I don't know what your definition of ultras is. Yes, they many not be as fanatically as ultras of Napoli that stab opposition fans, or South America where the football and politics are strongly intertwined. However, These people sing for 90 mins + every game. They pay thousands to fly across Asia to support the club over thousands of kilometers. They enhance the football MVFC plays by actively supporting them. They go to the same pubs as the players and celebrate victory with them after grand finals. They have close ties to the club and the players and the player appreciate it as can be seen by the way the celebrate goals with the fans or attend fan functions. They also fight opposition 'wannabee 'ultras'. No doubt there is an element of bandwagoners as there is with every sport / club but the core of NT fans are fair dinkum. Many of them have South American or European background with football and were closely tied to Colo Colo or Austrian clubs (for example) before moving to Melbourne.
I'm not talking about regulars who are members Bents and who spend the whole game singing, chanting and holding up tifos. They spend too much money on a season ticket to risk being thrown out by getting into fights or ripping off flares. I mean wannabee ultras as in a few little teenage idiots who think Soccer is what they saw in Greet Street Hooligans. They turn up to a game and act like tools thinking they are more important than the game itself. That's why they attract security and police attention.

The FFA has hired anti terrorist squad (HATAMOTO - fsticks) to video tap these people so to me it doesn't sound that "wannabee". The sheer number of riot police at MVFC-sydney/adeliade games is another indication that is reasonable serious.
I have Scottish and Italian heritage Bents. I can tell you these little twerps are wannabees. They think mouthing off and lighting a flare makes them like overseas ultras.

I have seen young players inspired by the traveling MVFC fans are lift, 'grow another leg' another gear to to passionate and unwavering support. Something that is excellent. Hopefully something that is replicated at Punt Road oval.
We already do. Ask any Richmond player.

Police dont understand anything about soccer. They are more or less anglo-saxon bogans who have fall understanding of 'real' association football supporters. ten people signing a song in unison scares they crap out of them because of underlying racist elements in the police force and a non-understanding of soccer culture.
Soccer was started by "angle-saxon bogans" :facepalm.

Geez, those that run the Club and the FFA mustn't know Soccer culture either and are racist as well :whistle. Funny how all the Victory crowd bar a select few have no problems with the cops. Like society in general, there are always a few who refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions.

The Club and the North Terrace are in a stand off as we speak. The Club wants to make the NT active area members only because it's the hanger on-ers that are the ones that cause trouble; the NT however wants the area to remain GA to grow its numbers. The NT leaders are demanding things all their way in that active area but don't want to take any responsibility for who enters that area and what happens. Sorry but you can't have it both ways. Rights/freedoms come with responsibilities in life. They forget it's the Club that cops the flack, the liability and the monetary costs so it's the Club that needs to be able to make decisions in its best interests.   

"Privately, the club is not concerned about members or supporters but interlopers that cause trouble."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/melbourne-victory-supporter-group-to-continue-matchday-protests-over-security-measures/story-e6frf423-1226781879942

IMO, flares add color and atmosphere to the world. They are also good for throwing at people.
I hope that's sarcasm. It only takes one idiot and/or one accident for the proverbial to hit the fan (excuse the pun).

They are happy to fight (in some cases) police or other fans. IMO this means they are not gutless but in fact passionate.
Only morons fight with police at sporting events. Unfair to label those that travel interstate to away games as the ones that do this btw.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1077 on: December 24, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
Its not so black and white mate but grey

Not everyone that's ever had any kind of altercation has watched green street hooligan 20 times and is 16. - BTW football factory is far better less American, no hobbits

I'll try reply when I'm off my phone.

Melbourne ale. No surrender today  ;)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1078 on: December 24, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
Cass > Football Factory
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1079 on: December 24, 2013, 04:47:10 PM »
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/tomi-juric-shows-glimpses-of-mighty-vbomber-20131223-2zuxi.html

Does that mean he'll be completely useless at international level as well?

- Thomas Sowell