Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 244620 times)

tony_montana

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1605 on: March 02, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »
You guys apparently pocketed $200k in transfer fee - reckon you made out like bandits  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #1606 on: March 02, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »
 :o would take that and run lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1607 on: March 03, 2015, 12:45:12 AM »
I'll take that as a win  :clapping

Anyway, when is Delpierre back? Would have been too crowded with Valeri, Ansell, Delpierre and Leijer. Now we can get a younger one to develop as well. Should also halve Victory's cards for the remainder of the season  :cheers
Delpierre is back already  :lol

You guys apparently pocketed $200k in transfer fee - reckon you made out like bandits  ;D
I would have taken out a loan personally and paid them $200k to take him.  :shh

dwaino

« Reply #1608 on: March 03, 2015, 06:41:15 AM »
Oh he is? I missed the weekend's game  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1609 on: March 03, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
Oh he is? I missed the weekend's game  ;D
:lol yeah he came on as sub. Looked like he hadn't missed a game.

dwaino

« Reply #1610 on: March 03, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
Great stuff. Hope he sticks around another season, he's a classy CB but this season was a write off for the bloke.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1611 on: March 08, 2015, 12:35:05 AM »
Another week and another farcical performance from the referees that costs Victory the 3 points  :banghead.

Clear offside for Perth's goal and then a clear handball against a Perth defender playing chicken-wings to block a shot in the box  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #1612 on: March 08, 2015, 02:26:41 AM »
Refs are a deadset rot.

tony_montana

« Reply #1613 on: March 08, 2015, 01:25:12 PM »
Another week and another farcical performance from the referees that costs Victory the 3 points  :banghead.

Clear offside for Perth's goal and then a clear handball against a Perth defender playing chicken-wings to block a shot in the box  ::).

In the interests of being reasonable, definitely offside - shocking call, but no way that was a handball, arm was pinned to the side of his body, no ref in his wildest dreams would pay that. Perth should have gotten a handball the other end, clear handball from Ansell, arm flailing out and stopping a shot on target. Victory were the better side and should've buried Perth(stuff I hate their brand of soccer) but I wouldn't blame the refs, on the whole there were questionable calls on both sides, Kalfalla elbow 1st half? could've easily been a 2nd yellow and subsequent red card

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1614 on: March 08, 2015, 02:45:58 PM »
Don't really follow A-League, but is it just me or do Victory supporters have more than just a touch of Collingwood sookiness mixed with an Essendon sense of entitlement about them? All topped off nicely with the colours of Carlton.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:15:55 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #1615 on: March 08, 2015, 08:52:00 PM »
More expectation than entitlement. The biggest club and the best squad. Easier for us to bag the refs or whatever on here but go on any MVC community and don't worry there is just as much heat on the players. The refs are still crap though. The quality of the game and the clubs are really starting to out pace the part time officiates.

dwaino

« Reply #1616 on: March 10, 2015, 10:27:24 AM »
Sorry missed your post TM. What you mentioned about Kalfallah not getting a second yellow is something I've brought up plenty regarding a league. Refs will give out yellows so willy nilly but absolute reluctant to issue a second. I don't know if they are afraid of being incorrect and enforcing something that will have so much impact on a game, but when the second infringement is as bad if not as worse as the first well it is up to them to be consistent.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1617 on: March 10, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »
Sorry missed your post TM. What you mentioned about Kalfallah not getting a second yellow is something I've brought up plenty regarding a league. Refs will give out yellows so willy nilly but absolute reluctant to issue a second. I don't know if they are afraid of being incorrect and enforcing something that will have so much impact on a game, but when the second infringement is as bad if not as worse as the first well it is up to them to be consistent.
I think the Khalfallah one was more the ref didn't see it than him not willing to issue a second. There wasn't a foul called from memory.

Also, if Khalfallah was yellow carded for dissent, why wasn't Djulbic after receiving his yellow? He came straight back at the ref pointing and screaming his head off at him.

dwaino

« Reply #1618 on: March 10, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »
Khalfallah incident just from that game probably bad example, just pointing out my issue to TM but my point in general still stands  ;D only way to get two yellows in an A League game is if your name is Adrian Leijer.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1619 on: March 10, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »
Khalfallah incident just from that game probably bad example, just pointing out my issue to TM but my point in general still stands  ;D only way to get two yellows in an A League game is if your name is Adrian Leijer.
And that's only because Victory ask the ref to give him a second.  :lol