Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 244742 times)

Ramps

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »
we should all get together and put together comedy shows in pubs. we're all working beautifully in here lol.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2007, 09:54:12 PM »
Victory      1
Wellington 1

Another Victory game and another early send-off  ::). This time Muscat getting two yellows in 60 secs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »
You still following this rabble, I would have thought that following Richmond would be enough lol. Its certainly enough for me lol. Victory PPFFFT - there taking the pee. You should just stick to the Tiges. We got the Cotch and young Rance. Richmond will win a flag before Victory ever does anything again.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2007, 01:34:21 PM »
You still following this rabble, I would have thought that following Richmond would be enough lol. Its certainly enough for me lol. Victory PPFFFT - there taking the pee. You should just stick to the Tiges. We got the Cotch and young Rance. Richmond will win a flag before Victory ever does anything again.
Merrick this year would make Spud's gameplan look exciting lol  :P. They've lost their creative players like Fred and to a lesser extent Sarkies since last season and Allsopp despite scoring on the weekend is having a shocker of a year (like his first year). Getting 4 red cards in the last 5 games through ill-discipline doesn't help either :scream. The problems off the field are now affecting on-field performance. The harmony and togetherness of last year has gone.

The sad thing for Australian soccer is when the Victory were flying last season they weren't allowed to represent Australia in the Asian club champs but now when they are struggling and unlikely to make the finals they will. The FFA has balls this up completely.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2007, 10:52:09 PM »
I reckon I could've got a game with LA galaxy tonight lol. The funny thing is even though they were on holidays they still got 3 past Sydney FC  :lol.

Ramps

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2007, 09:43:23 AM »
didnt see the game myself, if anyone saw it were the americans any good at all?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2007, 09:12:45 PM »
All choreographed. A home win to keep the fans happy 8 goals to keep the fans happy a staged Beckham free kick from a ref who was more than happy to issue a foul within Beckham range of goal. Abit of a fight towards the end and there you have it 80000 leave happy and this friendly is deemed a success by the mainstream media.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »
All choreographed. A home win to keep the fans happy 8 goals to keep the fans happy a staged Beckham free kick from a ref who was more than happy to issue a foul within Beckham range of goal. Abit of a fight towards the end and there you have it 80000 leave happy and this friendly is deemed a success by the mainstream media.
Nicely said HT74  ;).

Plus a LA goalkeeper who had holes in his hands so a ball hit straight at him would end up in the back of the net :wallywink

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2007, 08:46:17 PM »
Victory can kiss the finals goodbye. Only 2 draws from their past 6 games and tonight losing to bottom side Perth 1 - 3.

Ramps

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »
I actually watched 15 minutes of this rabble play tonight. Melbourne Victory would have been nothing more a bottom NSL side - they probably wouldnt have beaten Morwell Falcons.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2007, 12:16:36 AM »
Morwell Falcons were competitive one year in the NSL Ramps. They even made the finals and lost to South on aggregate. The sizzle in the Victory sausage is really petering out this year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2007, 12:33:27 PM »
It's just like their first year where they fell to bits in the second half of the season. Too slow and too defensive yet Merrick won't make any changes either tactical or personnel wise.

Ramps

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2007, 07:01:45 PM »
It's just like their first year where they fell to bits in the second half of the season. Too slow and too defensive yet Merrick won't make any changes either tactical or personnel wise.

theres always South Melbourne and Bob Jane Stadium, why dont you join the true believers rather than the rabble you currently follow  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2007, 10:42:24 PM »

theres always South Melbourne and Bob Jane Stadium, why dont you join the true believers rather than the rabble you currently follow  ;D
LOL

So where's that consortium so you can rejoin the big boys  ;)

Ramps

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2007, 09:22:52 AM »
well we will see in 2010 i suppose where they are, there are consortiums wanting to get the next licence and several approached South to be involved. so we will wait and see hopefully something comes of it, in any event, the standard currently in the a league is the pits. Australian soccer will be in crisis in afew years with the lack of talent coming through.