Author Topic: Punt Rd Oval earmarked for a underground car park (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2663 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Punt Rd Oval earmarked for a underground car park (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 10:33:32 PM »
Running car parks can be a very decent business revenue and profit wise if the car park is a good one and one underneath our ground would be a very very good one indeed.

Seems like an expensive way to make no money and feck up our training facilities. Core business = premierships.

HRT, its actually a little pot of gold and very very low maintenance.

Maybe but
Seems an ecpensive and time consuming exercise

Have you ever complained about the Grog Squad? Seems like you are very toucy about my support for our supporter group and your in here looking for my posts lol. So tell us - have you been one of the clowns who have complained about the Grog Squad?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
Money tree or money pit  :shh whoa
But wouldn't it be lovely knowing that we are charging premium car-parking prices to the members of other Clubs week-in, week-out 8)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »
Rampo, I couldnt give 2 poos about the grog squad as for tracking you - more paranoid than Alex Rance  ;D
It is just a silly idea, think of the work involved vs the benefit?
Unless someone else bears the cost to build it but why?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »
Rampo, I couldnt give 2 poos about the grog squad as for tracking you - more paranoid than Alex Rance  ;D

Instead of behaving like a tool why dont you stick up for our supporters? It seems you're more intent on taking the side of the enemy - stop acting the moron and just stick up for the Richmond supporters.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 07:17:35 AM »

Instead of behaving like a tool why dont you stick up for our supporters? It seems you're more intent on taking the side of the enemy - stop acting the moron and just stick up for the Richmond supporters.

I'm a supporter yet you call me a moron, if you going to stand for something the least you can do is be consistent.
As for the Grog Squad, I'm happy for them like all tiger fans to enjoy themselves at the football.
What this has to do with the absurd idea of digging up our ground to build an undercover car park, then cover it and make a new ground and then expect to make money is beyond me.
It costs $1.5m to resow the ground this year, what would the above cost?
burnmoney@puntrd.com
You a parking attendant, if so what would the receipts be each year?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »

I'm a supporter yet you call me a moron, if you going to stand for something the least you can do is be consistent.
As for the Grog Squad, I'm happy for them like all tiger fans to enjoy themselves at the football.
What this has to do with the absurd idea of digging up our ground to build an undercover car park, then cover it and make a new ground and then expect to make money is beyond me.
It costs $1.5m to resow the ground this year, what would the above cost?
burnmoney@puntrd.com
You a parking attendant, if so what would the receipts be each year?

The government and developers would be paying most of the money for the development IMHO not Richmond. Ive never been a car park attendant but if someone offered me the chance to own a decent car park I wouldnt say no. I heard if you get a good one you make great dollars.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »
As I posted earlier, if someone pays to do all of the excavation cost, building costs and resurfacing etc that may be different but it still creates huge disruption to the preparation of a club whose playing list should be building towards a flag and our training surface at PR was identified as a critical success factor.

Gigantor

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
just out of interest whats the surface like at places like princess park where carlton train,or windy hill with the Dons train..is it  that much better than Punt road?.i have been to the western oval recently and that aint crash hot either.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »
good luck with this project :lol