Author Topic: Finalists plot to spoil Tigers' party (ESPN)  (Read 1470 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Finalists plot to spoil Tigers' party (ESPN)
« on: August 28, 2018, 04:46:01 PM »
Finalists plot to spoil Tigers' party

AAP/ESPN
28 Aug 2018

AFL minor premiers Richmond are rightly favourites to bank back-to-back flags but fellow top-eight clubs believe they stand a puncher's chance, GWS coach Leon Cameron says.

Ahead of Saturday week's all-Sydney elimination final, the Giants mentor suggested his seventh-placed club was capable of a deep run this September.

But the feeling is mutual across all finals teams after premiership outsiders Western Bulldogs and Richmond caught fire in consecutive finals series to claim drought-breaking flags.

"Eight sides are probably sitting back plotting this week saying 'we do all have the teams to go all the way'," Cameron told Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday.

"There's a story for everyone. Our story is, if we put it together, absolutely (we) can win finals.

"But I'm (thinking) about next week against the Swans and we've got to prove ourselves in a massive final at their home ground."

Yet there's no denying the Tigers are the benchmark and a force to be reckoned with, Cameron admits.

"Everyone would acknowledge in the AFL world that Richmond's sit out in front by a couple of goals," he said.

"You can't get away from that. They're just proven. They've gone 18 (wins) and four (losses) and they're two games clear of everyone else.

"They're the yardstick. But the (West Coast) Eagles have been fantastic."

http://kwese.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/24496815/finalists-plot-spoil-tigers-party

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Finalists plot to spoil Tigers' party (ESPN)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »
Ya don't say.....and here was me thinking they were all planning to just lie down a let us win...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »
Ya don't say.....and here was me thinking they were all planning to just lie down a let us win...... :shh

Someone just backed Ferrari into the garage door and tried to bog up the bumper...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 06:35:02 PM »

Someone just backed Ferrari into the garage door and tried to bog up the bumper...

Bueller, Bueller.....

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »
Be surprised if they werent planning to beat us.  WTF....

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »
Bring it

Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 10:49:23 PM »
Not sure why teams would radically change the way they have played and trained all year.

In any case it will come down to how we play. Need to see our top level football again and it will be very hard for teams to beat us.