Author Topic: NRL thread  (Read 57195 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: NRL - Melbourne Storm
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2009, 11:11:54 AM »
Do it easy boys - 40 - 16

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2009, 07:19:50 PM »
All over! 23-16

Storm are Premiers  :thumbsup  :clapping

LOL at the biased commentary barracking for Parra and sooking over penalties. Sook it up cry babies  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2009, 07:27:36 PM »
like listening to Rob Walls and Tim Lane when the Blues are playing. Such bias.

Storn just did enough, gee it was close in the end.

cant believe how well they tackle and i cant believe we didn't learn a thing off them.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »
It sure helps being a solid and athletic 110kgs when tackling. A different tackling game to be fair. NRL is a power game where your opponent is charging head on at you and there's gang tackling. Aussie Rules is a 360 degree game so there's more 1-on-1 footy.

Btw poor of Ch 9 to cut the coverage before the trophy presentation  ::).

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2009, 09:01:06 PM »
It sure helps being a solid and athletic 110kgs when tackling. A different tackling game to be fair. NRL is a power game where your opponent is charging head on at you and there's gang tackling. Aussie Rules is a 360 degree game so there's more 1-on-1 footy.

Btw poor of Ch 9 to cut the coverage before the trophy presentation  ::).

Robbie Nahas proved you dont have to be 110 kgs to lay a good tackle. Same goes for Cronk and Slater. Small boys compared to MoiMoi.

Nahas played like a guy thankful to be given a chance to play football.  Most of his teamates seem to take this for granted.

He made other players much taller and bigger look terrible this year.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »

LOL at the biased commentary barracking for Parra and sooking over penalties. Sook it up cry babies  :lol.

As a neutral I thought it was shocking that decision against Parra with 5 to go. Would have made a great finish to the game. They need to consider a tennis/NFL style challenge system.

Thought Cronk would have got MoM. Once again Slater mixing the brilliance and the brain explosions in a big game. He rarely brings his A-game to origin and yesterday he was good for 65-70 minutes and then nearly cost Storm the game. I wonder if this is a case of people voting with 10 to go as usd to happen with the Norm Smith...?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »
As a neutral I thought it was shocking that decision against Parra with 5 to go. Would have made a great finish to the game. They need to consider a tennis/NFL style challenge system.
The Storm would've challenged the referee missing Inglis copping a coathanger in the first half when he tried to kick and chase into the end zone. Gus was happy to see that one let go but then sooks about the Parra one.

Thought Cronk would have got MoM. Once again Slater mixing the brilliance and the brain explosions in a big game. He rarely brings his A-game to origin and yesterday he was good for 65-70 minutes and then nearly cost Storm the game. I wonder if this is a case of people voting with 10 to go as usd to happen with the Norm Smith...?
Agree with you there Jake. I thought Cronk, Smith and Blair were the best 3 for the Storm. The thing is the superstars Slater and Inglis although fairly well contained for most of the game scored tries plus the Inglis drop goal in the second half and that in the end sealed the win.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2009, 09:58:25 AM »
Congratulations to the Storm. They were the better team on the day. Parra were constantly playing catch up footy. In the first half they were very flat and the Storm capitalised.

I had two loud mouthed Storm supporters sitting behind me. Geez it was hard hearing all their crap every time the Storm scored or made a break.(CUB are you of Indian descent and have dreadlocks?? :lol) One of them even proceeded to bag out my Father in law saying he was a typical fair weather Eels Supporter. He shut up once he was shown a Season ticket membership card. What was funny though, as soon as the Eels scored they both conveniently went to the toilet!(Probably StKilda supporters). In the end I congratulated them on their teams victory and took comfort in the fact that I will probably never ever see them again.  :lol

It was pleasing to see the number of Eels fans that stayed back in our section for the presentation and congratulated the Storm on the victory lap.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »

Agree with you there Jake. I thought Cronk, Smith and Blair were the best 3 for the Storm. The thing is the superstars Slater and Inglis although fairly well contained for most of the game scored tries plus the Inglis drop goal in the second half and that in the end sealed the win.

I think what got it for Billy was that the entire week was about Slater vs. Hayne and Hayne was rather ineffective where Billy was good for 70 minutes. Inglis' field goal was the best bad kick of all time.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »
.(CUB are you of Indian descent and have dreadlocks?? :lol)

100 % Aussie, White and a nude nut ...... Dont mind a Vindaloo occasionally though  ;D

Best team won, although a bit nervous towards the end! Don't count on not seeing us again Tiggy poos.
11 years in the comp 5 grand finals for 3 Victories. New Stadium in Melbourne and Under 20 champs to boot.
Just want to make all them bias northerners really SICK of the storm Colours......

Plenty more to come ..... Let's make it 5 GFs in a row next year

Ohh did I mention Bellamy - best Coach in the league by a streak ....

Victoria should change its slogan "Welcome to Victoria the Rugby League capital of Australia" Just to pee those Sydneysiders of that little bit more  ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2009, 01:50:30 PM »

Victoria should change its slogan "Welcome to Victoria the Rugby League capital of Australia" Just to pee those Sydneysiders of that little bit more  ;D

That is too funny!! I'll pay that one CUB!!  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2009, 09:36:56 PM »
John Howard heading up the NRL  :o

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »
And have Peter Costello as Andy D's equivalent.  :rollin :rollin Well he did retire from politics yesterday so it may be closer to the truth than you think.  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2009, 06:57:35 PM »
And have Peter Costello as Andy D's equivalent.  :rollin :rollin Well he did retire from politics yesterday so it may be closer to the truth than you think.  :rollin
It would be deja vu for Costello as Andy D wouldn't step down for him either lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Talk of the Storm being stripped of 44 premiership points for salary cap breaches relating to Cam Smith and a 3rd party deal with Foxsports.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/mystery-spoon-plunge-on-storm/story-e6frf9if-1225856820616
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:14:30 PM by one-eyed »