Author Topic: Official Squad vs Dees  (Read 1655 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Official Squad vs Dees
« on: March 03, 2023, 06:07:57 PM »
RICHMOND

B:  Dylan Grimes          Noah Balta         Tylar Young

HB:  Liam Baker          Nick Vlastuin       Daniel Rioli

C: Kamdyn McIntosh    Dion Prestia        Judson Clarke

HF:  Trent Cotchin        Shai Bolton         Dustin Martin

F:    Jack Riewoldt     Noah Cumberland     Tom Lynch

R:  Toby Nankervis      Tim Taranto         Jacob Hopper

Int:  Ivan Soldo    Nathan Broad     Jayden Short    Thomson Dow   
       Maurice Rioli     Steely Green     Rhyan Mansell    Samson Ryan

Emg:  Sam Banks     Tyler Sonsie    Hugo Ralphsmith       Ben Miller

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1277864/tiger-team-named-for-practice-match

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Official Squad vs Dees
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 06:27:15 PM »
Changes from last week's North match sim.

In: Baker, Lynch, Bolton, Broad.

Out: Ross (knee), Tarrant (hip), Ralphsmith, Miller, Brown, Bradtke, Banks, Campbell, Nyuon.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 07:01:00 PM »
A surprise Miller is out given this is an effective dress rehearsal for round 1. The only thing I can think of is we're trialing Young in defence for round 1 given the doubt on Tarrant and giving Soldo and Samson gametime as 2nd ruck just in case Miller has to play in defence against the Blues.

The rest of the starting 18 is close to our round 1 side with Clarke on the wing for Pickett.

Clearly, Cumberland played the last two quarters last week because he was coming back from a niggle. Good to see him back starting in the seniors.

Sonsie must be playing in the ressie curtain raiser.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 07:05:30 PM »
MELBOURNE .... (close to full strength for those interested)

B:    S.May 1      H.Petty 35      T.Rivers 24
HB: C.Spargo 9    J.Lever 8      J.McVee 41
C:   L.Hunter 12   C.Oliver 13    E.Langdon 15
HF: K.Chandler 37 B.Brown 50   K.Pickett 36
F: A.Neal-Bullen 30 T.McDonald 25 J.Harmes 4
Foll: M.Gawn 11   C.Petracca 5   A.Brayshaw 10
I/C: J.van Rooyen 2, B.Grundy 6, M.Hibberd 14, B.Laurie 16, J.Bowey 17, B.Howes 22, T.Sparrow 32, T.Woewodin 40 

Emerg: J.Schache 19 J.Jordon 23 D.Turner 42 A.Moniz-Wakefield 45 

Notable absentees: Christian Salem, Bayley Fritsch, Jack Viney

https://www.afl.com.au/news/878890/practice-match-teams-star-sun-returns-key-tigers-back-dogs-mid-in

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 08:44:37 PM »
Very surprising Soldo is picked ahead of Miller. Much prefer Miller as the second ruck personally but looks like they’re still tossing a coin between those 2.

Otherwise, you get Tarrant and Picket back in there and that’s our best side.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 02:16:19 AM »
Very surprising Soldo is picked ahead of Miller. Much prefer Miller as the second ruck personally but looks like they’re still tossing a coin between those 2.

I think sonsie should be best 22-23 imo otherwise agree

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 07:39:59 AM »
Hugo, Sonsie, Miller, Ryan, Banks, Mansell and Bradtke are playing in the VFL curtainraiser.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1277866/vfl-squad-locked-in-for-first-hit-out

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 07:45:33 AM »
Is Pickett injured?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 07:49:26 AM »
Is Pickett injured?
Yep. Adductor issue.

Luke Meehan on the RFC website said he expected Marlion to play in the VFL practice match next week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 09:03:38 AM »

I think people forget how good Soldo was as a tap ruck before that big knee. Equally, it takes another year of playing to regain full mobility. This is his ultimate test. I’ll be leaning forward in my seat eating popcorn watching his work vs Gawn/Reg
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 09:12:28 AM »

I think people forget how good Soldo was as a tap ruck before that big knee. Equally, it takes another year of playing to regain full mobility. This is his ultimate test. I’ll be leaning forward in my seat eating popcorn watching his work vs Gawn/Reg

I didn’t forget, I never rated him as a great ‘tap ruckman’. Think he is very overrated in that regard. Seems to happen a lot with tall rucks. The same was said about Shaun Hampson and I don’t think that was remotely true either.

Anyway, I don’t mind soldo, just prefer Miller because he competes well in the ruck and then becomes a lot more useful around the ground then what soldo is. Can also be moved forward and back depending on what’s required.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2023, 09:35:48 AM »
I don't think his tap work is amazing but it's generally decent. You can see the difference between him and Nank in that regard. It only hurts us when Nank is actually winning taps and hitting them to the opposition
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2023, 11:16:33 AM »
would have liked em to play Miller as a key fwd. Still don't agree with Cotchin playing fwd or even starting fwd. Already for this game M Rioli is pushed to the bench.

Baker  instead of Broad really is just looking for ways to play favorites.

No Sonsie is just crazy, we really must get games into the most promising mid we have.Especially if Cotchin and Martin are played primarily as forwards.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 12:00:08 PM »
I don't think his tap work is amazing but it's generally decent. You can see the difference between him and Nank in that regard. It only hurts us when Nank is actually winning taps and hitting them to the opposition

My memory of Soldo was he tapped it to the opposition more often than to us. Its been a while so its hard to remember. Might have to old up some old posts.

Would prefer to see Miller.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 02:31:20 PM »
would have liked em to play Miller as a key fwd. Still don't agree with Cotchin playing fwd or even starting fwd. Already for this game M Rioli is pushed to the bench.

Baker  instead of Broad really is just looking for ways to play favorites.

No Sonsie is just crazy, we really must get games into the most promising mid we have.Especially if Cotchin and Martin are played primarily as forwards.

All of this is on the money. Just start Cotch and Baker on the bench IMO, send them as relief wherever they are needed. No Sonsie is a terrible misstep and M Rioli on the bench is stupid.

He was decent but even without great tap work I remember he held his own a lot better against massive rucks than Nank, or at least gave Nank a proper rest.

He was also decent at tackling but Nank probably pips him there.

Yeah to be honest his is why we lost last year's EF seriously. I know Neale killed us but Nank should have negated that somewhat when I went down. Disgusting performance unbecoming of a captain but it's behind us now so w/e.