Author Topic: Cameron Ling chooses media role over AFL coaching career herald sun  (Read 1320 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
CAMERON Ling won’t be coaching at Melbourne — or any other AFL club in the foreseeable future.
He has knocked back an offer to work under Paul Roos at Melbourne, and invitations from two other clubs to join their coaching ranks next season.
Ling has revealed he is choosing a media career, and time with family, over the stresses of AFL coaching.
Ling’s partner Nicole was due to give birth to the couple’s second child on Sunday.
“When it finally came down to it, it was my decision well and truly and conjuction with Nicole, it was a family decision and we’re both very excited about it,” Ling told Channel 7 News.
“It was a hard decision because some really good people were having conversations with me about going and working at their football clubs.”
Ling said three clubs put in “very flattering offers” but didn’t reveal the names, although the 33-year-old Geelong premiership captain confirmed he was approached by Melbourne about an assistant coaching role.
Asked if the door was now closed on a coaching career, Ling said: “I never say never, so I don’t know what the future holds.”

This guys kinds of 5h1t5 me.
Can't stand these pretend coaching guys who don't really want to be coaches but love the attention by fluttering their eyelashes at clubs until they make an approach only to say "I'm flattered".

Lings ego will never see him coach. Like Dermie and Lyon.
He can be content knowing his mates in the commentary box can tongue his backside whenever he makes a so called insightful comment from the boundary line.
Whatever lingo.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cameron Ling chooses media role over AFL coaching career herald sun
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »
Good can do without the 100 page thread demanding that we get this raggety Ann doll lookalike

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:40:34 PM »
Ling was on 3aw tonight and said he had had discussions with Melbourne over the past couple of months. Clearly, he saw the Dees on the weekend and smartly decided to stay in the media  :lol.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »
Ugly prick

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 02:26:38 PM »
I'd really like the RFC to implement a No Gingers policy for all players, coaches and members.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 02:40:33 PM »
With the exception of vlastuin

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 02:52:27 PM »
With the exception of vlastuin

And me,

cheers Big Red

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
I'd really like the RFC to implement a No Gingers policy for all players, coaches and members.

Why?