Author Topic: The Bandwagon  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Bandwagon
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2014, 12:47:08 PM »
Get on early to enjoy the win against Adelaide with plenty of time to crash and burn when we lose to St Kilda

Don't get your hopes up about anything that way you will never be disappointed.  :huh3

I'm right into it mate no point watching the season with no hope because it will just be a boring grind for the rest of the year, just taking the mickey out of something that could (shouldn't) happen. Would be disastrous

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 07:38:09 PM »
Lot of sorry people around that didn't get on board

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond bare their teeth in battle to reach AFL finals (afl site)
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2014, 03:43:49 PM »
Richmond Tigers bare their teeth in battle to reach AFL finals
Peter Rolfe
Herald-Sun
August 30, 2014

THE claws are out. Tigers fans are hoping their boys can rip the Swans apart today as they march towards September glory.

The yellow-and-black army will descend on Sydney ­determined to extend their ­extraordinary winning streak against all odds.

On the back of eight straight victories, Richmond will take Tigerland to Sydney’s ANZ Stadium, hoping to beat the Swans and qualify for the finals in consecutive seasons for the first time in almost 40 years.

Bev Stowe, 77, is as tragic a Tigers fan as you will find.

“They’re my life,’’ she said.

For almost 60 years the Wyndham Vale woman has dedicated her life to passionately following Richmond, her home filled with all things ­yellow and black, from flags, photos and footballs to teddy bears, dolls and player autographs.

“They’ve got me through good times and bad,’’ Bev said.

Duffy the cavoodle is Richmond’s very own Tiger-dog.

Owner Jill Craig is such a passionate Tigers fan she also made her beloved pooch a paid-up and proud official pet member of the Richmond Football Club.

“I love the Tigers because they represent everything that our suburb is — tough, colourful, gritty,’’ Jill said.

At the height of Richmond’s 1970s glory years Dorothy Treseder, now 81, knitted her son, Peter, a whopping 10m ­yellow-and-black scarf to make her Tigers love a family affair.

Tonight, mother and son will wrap the scarf around themselves to cheer on their team along with Peter’s 22-year-old daughter, Chelsea, who has ­inherited the family’s Richmond passion.

“When I was in the Richmond Cheer Squad it could be worn by eight people to keep warm,’’ Peter said.

Steve Fraser was born into a Tigers family in Richmond 63 years ago, raised seven kids wrapped in yellow and black and turned the family car into a Tigers chariot.

“You’ve always got people jumping on the Richmond bandwagon but when we lose most people take their scarves off,’’ he said. “But I’ve got to drive this Tigers car around town win, lose or draw.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/richmond-tigers-bare-their-teeth-in-battle-to-reach-afl-finals/story-fnii5sms-1227042103248

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »
I am officially on. While I will not condone our start to the season we must congratulate them on their resolve and not for giving up....while members like me did to some degree.. :-[Gee to think, had we of started the season better we could be minor premiers.... :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »
I am officially on. While I will not condone our start to the season we must congratulate them on their resolve and not for giving up....while members like me did to some degree.. :-[Gee to think, had we of started the season better we could be minor premiers.... :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

Sorry doors close before the final siren of round 23

dwaino

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »
We've been playing a final for the past 9 weeks. We couldn't be better prepared IMO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
9 down; only 4 to go  ;D