Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 897156 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6525 on: December 05, 2023, 10:11:35 PM »
Clem Ford certainly hasn't been quiet...... :shh

Who?  :rollin

Like you don't know - a heroine of the left regularly feted by the likes of the ABC & The Project and all your usual favoured outlets of agitprop...... :shh

I was being sarcastic but anyways

Well you and others keep saying I'm a lefty which I find amusing but FWIW I have no time for Ms Ford, she's irrelevant to me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6526 on: December 06, 2023, 01:08:46 AM »

Like you don't know - a heroine of the left regularly feted by the likes of the ABC & The Project and all your usual favoured outlets of agitprop...... :shh

Well you and others keep saying I'm a lefty which I find amusing but FWIW I have no time for Ms Ford, she's irrelevant to me

I'm a lefty moving centr as I get older and I haven't a moment for that trash bag

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6527 on: December 06, 2023, 08:25:04 PM »
Exclusive: Superstar Tiger Dustin Martin forced to leave the club’s Wonthaggi camp.

He copped a heavy knock early in match sim, sustaining a nasty cut to his chin. He’s now being monitored for possible concussion.

A less than ideal start to pre-season.

https://twitter.com/bradeningram/status/1732210777635835936

----------------------

For the Tigers, three-time Norm Smith medallist Dustin Martin was left with a cut to his chin following a collision during the club’s training camp in Wonthaggi.

“Dustin Martin left the training track today following a collision during the club’s session in Wonthaggi,” the Tigers told Nine News Melbourne on Wednesday.

“He required treatment for a cut to his chin and will be monitored.”

Martin will in 2024 enter the final year of a lucrative contract, at the end of which he’ll become an unrestricted free agent.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-harley-reid-injury-dustin-martin-preseason-training-latest-casualty-ward/news-story/d0bf8504b604d355cf650e5957564f89

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6528 on: December 06, 2023, 11:22:17 PM »
Richmond will assess superstar Dustin Martin to see whether he can rejoin its pre-season camp after he needed stitches following a heavy head knock on the opening day.

Martin was forced from the track after suffering a cut to his chin during match simulation at Wonthaggi on Wednesday.

The Tigers said the 32-year-old had returned to the group after leaving the camp for treatment, and would be monitored for signs of concussion while remaining in Wonthaggi.

He could resume activities as early as Thursday as the Tigers train away from home for the first time under new coach Adem Yze.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2024-dustin-martin-assessed-after-head-knock-at-richmond-camp/news-story/487f7d72346d26a54c62b28e439ffaa6

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6529 on: December 07, 2023, 07:01:49 AM »

come on WP, lets get real here

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6530 on: December 07, 2023, 07:35:09 AM »

come on WP, lets get real here

Real about what exactly?

Are you suggesting I'm a liar about what I think of Ms Ford? She's an attention seeking fool who is doing her absolute best to set back equality 100 year under the guise of wanting equality. She is clueless

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6531 on: December 07, 2023, 08:33:06 PM »
Dusty 'good as gold' after training mishap

Dustin Martin has been cleared of concussion after copping a blow during match simulation at the club's community camp

By Martin Smith
3 hrs ago

RICHMOND star Dustin Martin joined in Tigers training on Thursday after being cleared of concussion following a head knock on Wednesday.

Martin required treatment after copping a blow during match simulation at the club's community camp on Victoria's Bass Coast, south east of Melbourne.

The 32-year-old received some stitches but joined in running and cycling activities with his teammates on Thursday, with new teammate Jacob Koschitzke saying the three-time Norm Smith Medallist was back to his normal self.

"He's been out and about," Koschitzke said. "He received a couple of stitches but otherwise he's pretty good. He did a bit of cycling and seemed up and about. He's good as gold and we know the champion he is so he'll be back in no time.

"I won't name and shame who the culprit was (who collided with Martin). But he has been good, he's been riding around on the bike, popping monos and wheelies. He's as good as gold."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1070966/dustin-martin-good-as-gold-after-richmond-tigers-pre-season-camp-mishap
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 09:06:49 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6532 on: December 19, 2023, 11:48:54 PM »
Star Tiger in career-best shape, forward's recovery on track

Dustin Martin is smashing personal bests in the gym in an ominous sign ahead of the 2024 season

By AAP
20 December 2023

RICHMOND star Dustin Martin is setting personal records in the gym and inspiring his Tigers teammates in his 15th pre-season.

The triple Norm Smith medallist is determined to prove to new Richmond coach Adem Yze he remains one of the League's elite players.

Yze is just the second full-time coach Martin has had after being led by Damien Hardwick in his debut season in 2010 until the middle of this year.

Martin, who is entering the final year of his seven-season contract, suffered a heavy knock during Richmond's training camp in Gippsland but was later cleared of concussion.

Tigers defender Jayden Short insisted Martin had returned from the off-season break in "unbelievable" shape in an ominous sign for the rest of the competition.

"When you get a new coach, everyone's got to impress again," Short said at Punt Rd on Tuesday.

"It's been good for our young boys, they get to impress a new coach and certainly us older boys as well.

"The way Dustin showed up was amazing.

"He's coming into his 15th year of AFL and he's setting PBs (personal records) in the gym and his running's certainly always improving as well.

"He's a great role model for everyone at this football club and I'm just lucky that I get to play alongside him and get to watch him go about his business every day.

"It makes us all want to get better when you see one of the best players in the competition always trying to get better.

"It's hard not to want to better yourself, he's an awesome footballer, but an even better person so we're very lucky."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1072700

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6533 on: December 21, 2023, 02:39:02 PM »
His manager could be in a bit of strife....

https://twitter.com/SerkanTheWriter/status/1737325398353138000?s=20

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6534 on: December 21, 2023, 07:03:01 PM »
WHAT STRUCK NEWMAN MOST ABOUT MARTIN UPON RICHMOND RETURN

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
21 December 2023

You could forgive Dustin Martin for tapering off as he enters his 15th season at Richmond.

The Tigers superstar has achieved it all in the game (well, almost).

He’s closing in on 300 games, has won three premierships, three Norm Smith Medals, a Brownlow Medal, three Gary Ayres Medals, two Jack Dyer Medals and is a four-time All-Australian, among many other accolades.

But that has not taken away from his love for the game or his desire to continue setting the standards at training.

New Tigers assistant Chris Newman, who captained Martin in his early days, insists the 32-year-old doesn’t have a ‘head wobble’ these days and is in fact more dedicated now than he once was.

Newman explained how he has been taken by Martin’s attitude, his want share his knowledge and his overall presence amongst the group.

“You’d think he’d have every right to be some sort of big head after winning all those things, but it’s just not in his nature,” Newman said of ‘Dusty’ on SEN Mornings.

“Dustin really is a humble person deep down and quite a private person. I think the biggest thing that struck me in terms of his change is his buy-in to helping others around him and (having) quite a vocal presence around the group.

“When I was there, he was in the first part of his football journey, but I’m really proud to see him grow the way he has into the person he is today.

“I’ve loved his training standards, he hasn’t missed a beat. He looks quite fit at the moment and he buys into everything – every session he’s trying his best.

“So I’m loving his training standards and hopefully that continues on until he starts to play some games.”

As is always the case with Martin, the chatter generally seems to revolve around what position he will play.

He has made his name as a midfielder but is also effective as a roaming forward, either kicking goals or setting them up.

With that being the case, Newman as midfield coach is eager to have Martin with him in that line, but expects the star to spend just as much time as a forward.

“There’s always a bit of a fight to see which line he’ll be in,” Newman added.

“I’d say in terms of his role, it wouldn’t be too dissimilar to what he’s done in the past.

“He’s obviously got a really strong presence in the midfield, he’s a strong stoppage player, hard to tackle, those types of things and provides some really quality use going forward.

“But also, he’s quite a good acquisition to have forward – a hard matchup one vs one.

“So I think we’ll look to spread his load across both lines.”

Martin has been setting personal bests in the gym this pre-season in perhaps a sign of things to come under new coach Adem Yze in 2024.

He’ll become just the seventh Tiger to reach 300 games at the club at the midway point of next season provided he remains injury free.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/12/20/hasnt-missed-a-beat-martin-setting-the-standards-ahead-of-15th-season-at/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6535 on: January 02, 2024, 08:48:42 PM »
The media's pathetic obsession with hoping Dusty leaves Richmond :facepalm.

No name put to this article by the way either.

Dustin Martin finishes in the top five

It’s a different, more forward-heavy role for Dustin Martin, but he is playing it with aplomb and his 2023 numbers are quite remarkable. There’s already talk of Martin setting new records this pre-season, in which he’ll play his 300th game and further enshrine himself as one of the game’s greatest players. We know he polls votes and Dusty should be back with a vengeance in 2024.

Then moves to the Gold Coast

First of all, his move to the Suns becomes exponentially easier at the end of 2024 given he’ll be an unrestricted free agent and no longer on a deal in excess of $1 million. He’s also far more likely to add another premiership to his trophy cabinet at the building Suns than he is at a Richmond that’s in transition. That and reuniting with Damien Hardwick means a much-touted move to the Suns may finally, finally happen.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-predictions-for-2024-season-trade-news-rumours-ladder-premiership-odds-coach-contracts/news-story/2588dcef450c48fe1575e4c47458391f

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6536 on: January 10, 2024, 10:01:21 PM »
The media's obsession with this nonsense continues  :facepalm.

The 10 biggest contract and trade stories to watch in 2024

afl.com.au
10 January 2024

Gettable's Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge take a look at the contract and trade stories that will dominate 2024.

Dusty's call
After famously signing a seven-year deal in 2017, Dustin Martin will be uncontracted at Richmond at the end of this year. The link with Gold Coast has always been rumoured and the arrival of former Tigers coach Damien Hardwick to the Suns will only fuel speculation of a move north for the 2025 season.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1072225/the-10-biggest-contract-and-trade-stories-to-watch-in-2024

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6537 on: January 15, 2024, 09:49:06 PM »
And it still continues :facepalm.

Every AFL club’s trade storyline to watch in 2024

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
January 15th, 2024

RICHMOND

Dusty to reunite with Dimma up north?

Speculation has long swirled that Dustin Martin will finish his career up north in a less football-obsessed city – speculation that’s only intensified after Damien Hardwick departed the Tigers and replaced Stuart Dew as the Suns’ new senior coach. So could Martin follow suit once his contract with Richmond expires at the end of next season? It’ll come after Martin plays his 300th game for Richmond in 2024 – currently sitting on 289 – in what would really mark the end of on era for the club if arguably its greatest ever player moves on. That changing of the guard is already in full effect following Hardwick’s departure and the retirements of Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt as the club begins a new chapter under Adem Yze.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-2024-trade-storylines-to-watch-at-every-club-rumours-whispers-latest-news-dustin-martin-to-gold-coast-suns-western-bulldogs-bailey-smith-tim-english-jamarra-uglehagan/news-story/7e08fa61ccbba1e3616ec92cc6ab59c9

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6538 on: January 21, 2024, 11:17:02 PM »
The Dusty Debate: Is Martin Still a Supercoach Star?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMfXpF4WXTg

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond