Author Topic: 9th...NO WAY  (Read 18347 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: 9th...NO WAY
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »
agreed everything but 1st is garbage. Richmond needs a winners mentality.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
Bring on 11th - 14th for mine, then start again next year...If people think we are going places this year and setting up the foundations for the future....Forget it, we are still 1 more draft away from our future......

WAKE UP people, we  think we are better than we are!!!!!!!

No WAT, we are exactly what many of us think we are.  We aren't what the emotion-driven knee jerk, Chicken Little supporters think we are.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »
Well we're ninth going into the bye and will probably remain ninth  :-\ heading into the Swans game given of the teams that could jump above us next week St Kilda plays Collingwood and Melbourne plays Essendon.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »
Bring on 11th - 14th for mine, then start again next year...If people think we are going places this year and setting up the foundations for the future....Forget it, we are still 1 more draft away from our future......

WAT - you thought we'd win this game by 10+ goals and I had a fear that what happened was going to happen

So looking back I think it is fair to say I knew where we were  :rollin

I reckon (and don't take this the wrong way) you and so many others are angry because you and a number of others thought we were better than what we are after we bet the Bombers and we hit a bump last night called reality  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FNM

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2011, 08:57:38 PM »
I reckon (and don't take this the wrong way) you and so many others are angry because you and a number of others thought we were better than what we are after we bet the Bombers and we hit a bump last night called reality  :thumbsup

We're better than Port in many eyes. That's the disappointment for me.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2011, 09:13:42 PM »

We're better than Port in many eyes. That's the disappointment for me.

We are better than Port full stop Froars, we just didn't beat them last night.  Grant Thomas summed it up perfectly a few years back now when he famously declared after we had beaten his developing team at Etihad "the best team out there didn't win today".  Well last night, the best team on the night won but the best team of the two certainly didn't.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »

Keep dishing up performances like that and we will finish around 14.

Keep dishing up performances like against essendon we will end up around 9th.

i know what I'd prefer to see happen.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2011, 02:43:09 AM »

Keep dishing up performances like that and we will finish around 14.

Keep dishing up performances like against essendon we will end up around 9th.

i know what I'd prefer to see happen.

14th  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
My AFL ladder prediction thing from afl.com had us 9th.  :shh
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
Tiger fans won't let the same old song get them down
Will Brodie
June 3, 2011

Richmond was considered crazy when it proposed 75,000 members last year, but events this year show the strength of support for the Tigers. Photo: Jo Gay

Long suffering Richmond fans are cock-a-hoop after their team's spirited showing in 2011. The perennial battlers have excited frenzied support by winning four of their last six matches.

Their team is the most committed in the AFL, says pundit Robert Walls, praising the "effort, drive and will" of its players, and coach Damien Hardwick.

The Tigers are replete with cult figures, from battler rogue-turned forward line goalsneak Jake King to unpolished, but wildly courageous key position utility Alex Rance.

Richmond also possesses a classy elite - with brilliant youngsters Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin heading an aggressive skilful midfield, and superstar jack-in-the-box Jack Riewoldt lighting up the forward line.

And the Tigers fans, starved of succes for decades, have been roaring. An average of 44,430 fans had attended Richmond games this year before Saturday night's match in Darwin, the best figure since 1998. Membership is at record levels - 47,160 have signed up in 2011, compared to last year's previous high mark of 46,202.

The upset loss to Port Adelaide in the distant Northern Territory, televised only on Pay TV, will do little to dampen the roar of the Richmond army.

Perhaps the stirring of the dormant Tiger beast has made some rival fans jittery. Or some scarred Tiger pessimists want to dampen expectations.

For the infamous spectre of Richmond finishing ninth is again being raised.

The song "We Finished Ninth Again", sung to the tune of the beloved official Richmond theme song, is making the cyberpsace rounds.

Penned by Coodabeen Champions chief minstrel Greg Champion, it was immortalised on CD in 2007.

Richmond has finished ninth six times in the seventeen completed seasons since the inception of the final eight, in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2006 and 2008. The only other team to do so more than one is Hawthorn - in 1999, 2003 and 2009.

Richmond has made the finals twice since 1994, and were met by massive crowds and hysterical scenes after wins over Essendon in 1995 and Carlton in 2001.

Listen to the offending ditty here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBD49n36F9k

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-fans-wont-let-the-same-old-song-get-them-down-20110527-1f7ld.html#ixzz1OAlBicP5

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »
stuff you Greg Champion, you're about as funny as twisted balls.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »
eff you Greg Champion, you're about as funny as twisted balls.
:lol

He looks like kiddy theiver too.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2011, 07:08:02 AM »

No WAT, we are exactly what many of us think we are.  We aren't what the emotion-driven knee jerk, Chicken Little supporters think we are.

I'm not sure that is what people think. Finishing ninth is as much a dreading of history repeating itself than it is a desire to tank.
I can't stand the thought of finishing 9th again. It is just that freaking number on the ladder that I'm frankly jack of.
It doesn't mean I'll assume were peaking again! Bring on 10th or 8th!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2011, 09:56:05 PM »
I don't believe we are good enough yet to make the finals and have advocated we avoid mid-ladder like the plague and target the draft one more time to much objection ;D. However ignoring that it appears after 10 rounds that the top 6 is fairly locked in with Geel, Coll, Carl and Haw the top 4 followed by the Swans and Eagles. Both Essendon and Freo look shakey so there's probably just two spots open for the rest sitting outside the Eight. Craig has apparently publicly given up on the finals tonight and the Dogs are talking about also giving up and playing kids, so that leads Melb, us, Saints and North just a 1/2 to 2 wins outside the top 8 behind Freo. One absolute shocker has cost us a top 8 spot tonight.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2011, 10:05:53 PM »
Next three weeks will tell MT. If we can win 2 of our next 3 against Sydney Brisbane and Melbourne leaves us at 6-6-1. That way we can at least look to break even in the next block of four whicludes Carlton Essendon GOld Coast and Geelong to leave us 8-8-1 with five to play possibly against some sides who will be putting the cue in the rack ie North and Adelaide and possibly Melbourne leaving us with either beating Sydney here or West Coast in Perth to definentely sewing up a finals spot.

In all honesty I don't expect us to beat Sydney but if we can't beat Brisbane and Melbourne then I think we may fade away and only win 3 or 4 for the rest of the year as the finals candle with flicker out quite quickly.

In a worst case scenario the travel we are currently in Darwin Melbourne Sydney then Brisbane may ust deflate us and finish our season. That loss last week may have been the start. I hope not.