Author Topic: 9th...NO WAY  (Read 18353 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 9th...NO WAY
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
Yep, I think we need to recruit some decent recruiters... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
Just to scare everyone on a Sunday morning, we can still finish 9th this year  :P.

We beat both Adel and North which would take us to 38 pts ahead of North on 36 pts.
Bulldogs beat Freo. Both would be on 36 pts.
Melboourne lose either to the Suns today or away to Port in a major upset; or beat them both by no more than 4-5 goals than we beat Adelaide and North by so we stay ahead of the Dees on %.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2011, 09:13:06 AM »
hehe, at least it would prove we have improved....
Lots of people name their swords......

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2011, 07:11:58 PM »
Yep still a big chance to finish ninth.
The Princesses play Port at their new home next week at the Adelaide Oval so assuming POrt play with the spirit they have today and the Dees are in more trouble than the early settlers we may indeed finish ninth. Assuming we beat Nought.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2011, 08:46:36 PM »
The Club will push the line of the symmetry for Dimma between us this year and his time at Hawthorn where in 2006 they had a good start to the year followed by a crappy mid-season (lost 12 from 13) before coming home and winning their last 4 games. That year 19 of their future premiership players played. The only difference their 9 wins meant 11th on the ladder and got them pick 6 (which they stuffed up selecting Thorp ahead of Selwood).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2011, 09:28:43 PM »
The Club will push the line of the symmetry for Dimma between us this year and his time at Hawthorn where in 2006 they had a good start to the year followed by a crappy mid-season (lost 12 from 13) before coming home and winning their last 4 games. That year 19 of their future premiership players played. The only difference their 9 wins meant 11th on the ladder and got them pick 6 (which they stuffed up selecting Thorp ahead of Selwood).

they sure will push the similarities. What will happen if we fall in a heap next  year? hmmm..

« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »

they sure will push the similarities. What will happen if we fall in a heap next  year? hmmm..

Malthouse for coach in 2013?

:lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »
Great, another win.... :banghead

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2011, 07:08:02 AM »

Yeah it was actually.... looked they we were going to get smashed and we came back

Shocking stuff  :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2011, 07:09:29 AM »

Not having a stab Owl, but the question would be raised.
If we finished 10,11,12 even 13th it would be an improvement on last year, but somehow I believe our last attempt at trying to earn some respect is in vein as rival clubs are switching to auto pilot and taking advantage of our efforts to reap benefits from draft.

Wherever they finish be it 9th or 12th, I have seen some encouraging signs this year, and some not so  :)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2011, 08:01:29 AM »
:lol

when we were loosing you were one of the first and loudest to sook.

Now you want us to lose, we are winning  :lol

maybe you should want us lose forever more.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »

Not having a stab Owl, but the question would be raised.
If we finished 10,11,12 even 13th it would be an improvement on last year, but somehow I believe our last attempt at trying to earn some respect is in vein as rival clubs are switching to auto pilot and taking advantage of our efforts to reap benefits from draft.

Wherever they finish be it 9th or 12th, I have seen some encouraging signs this year, and some not so  :)
Fair theory but I think the crows were trying to win that one.  The players were certainly playing for their spot on the list next year and perhaps the interim coach was trying to show his ability to take on the job.  Tanking is usually pretty obvious.  Soon as we loosened up in the final quarter and they snuck a goal back they thought they had an outside chance and pushed hard to try steal it so I would stake a nut they were giving it a genuine push.  The Melbourne game?  That was pride, they wanted to prove they were better than us and that they have wore a stink around their neck ever since that tank game.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »

Yeah it was actually.... looked they we were going to get smashed and we came back

Shocking stuff  :rollin :rollin

It is shocking, really I wish so many supporters would realise how far behind we actually are instead of getting excited about pointless wins. Freo have 10 times the depth we have and we may finish just below them......wake up, I can't wait for the whiners next year when we can't win poo....

Wake up Geoff......

"Rucks:

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
WAT i think we will find out if Dimma feels the same about our club come trade time. Il reserve my judgement till then.

If we still have the lost cloggers then we might be in trouble.

I thought about this today and 9th doesnt bother me that much because Dimma knows he cant go backwards or the club would be seen to have stalled in 2012.

Finish 9th this year and we have to finish in the 8 at the least next year or the pressure will be really on..

After seeing all the clubs outside the 8, bar Freo i would say we are equal to if not better so really a finish anywhere from 9-13 is a good reflection of where we are at.

I really think we can finish in the 8 next year but we still lack serious depth. One major injury to Lids, Cotch or Jack and we are stuffed.
Who will replace them. Nason, Connors, The pear, Mcguane. Come on lets get serious Coburg are full of C Graders.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »
I really think we can finish in the 8 next year but we still lack serious depth. One major injury to Lids, Cotch or Jack and we are stuffed.

Got it in a nutshell daniel

WAT I ask you this if we had made the eight which would give us what? Pick 19 or 20 would that have been OK..what's the difference

We wanted improvement we've got improvement, most us thought 8-10 wins would where we'd end up I don't really know why you're getting so agitated about it all

Certainly we have a long way to go but we appear to be heading in the right direction with some quality kids coming through...that's what we wanted, that's what we're getting

Can't complain

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:31:04 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)