Author Topic: Continued improvement more important than making September - Wallace  (Read 1032 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
10 July 2006   Herald-Sun
Damian Barrett

A lowly percentage means the Tigers will need to win at least four of their remaining eight matches to secure a finals berth. Wallace said it was more important for the club to continue improving than to qualify for September.

``We just need continual growth on our graph where we get better,'' he said.  ``We make the eight, great. If we finish ninth, and I know Richmond people have a major stigma about finishing ninth, that would be OK if we are heading up the chart. Nine's no good if you are just hanging around.''

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19736259%255E20322,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Continued improvement more important than making September - Wallace
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 05:43:24 PM »
8 wins at this stage of the year is way past anyone's expectations. Sheesh despite losing the first 3 games of the year we've caught up to where we were at the same time last year. But unlike last year when tired badly we now appear to be on a upward climb heading into the second half of the year. As a bonus the cubs have stepped up and we're no longer relying the Cambos or Grahams.  Stuffs up getting a top 5 draft pick though Ramps lol :shh.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:42:50 PM »
I think we can do it. I can pick 4/8 winnable games, and I'm sure we can come out and beat a team or 2 in games that we are classed as underdogs.  :gotigers
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:13:46 PM »
8 wins at this stage of the year is way past anyone's expectations. Sheesh despite losing the first 3 games of the year we've caught up to where we were at the same time last year. But unlike last year when tired badly we now appear to be on a upward climb heading into the second half of the year. As a bonus the cubs have stepped up and we're no longer relying the Cambos or Grahams.  Stuffs up getting a top 5 draft pick though Ramps lol :shh.

Youd have thought MT that wed know how to tank by now...but anyway...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:34:10 PM »

Youd have thought MT that wed know how to tank by now...but anyway...

After 25 years I'm use to the Tiges sadly finding new ways to screw up :-\. Hopefully those days are now gone and we will win at least 5 of our last 8 which will guarantee a spot in the finals.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd