Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood - Round 2  (Read 19281 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Richmond vs Collingwood - Round 2
« Reply #330 on: April 07, 2012, 10:56:20 PM »
i thought ellis looked lost early on but fought back well. kudos to the kid  :thumbsup

Agree, wears his heart on his sleeve, not in his hair color..... :o

10 FLAGS

« Reply #331 on: April 07, 2012, 10:57:19 PM »
Thought the commentators were incredibly harsh on rance tonight, yeah he made some errors, but positives>>>>>>>>>negatives by a mile

Agree ruanaidh, our fwd line has been woeful first 2 weeks

Dont know how many possessions Rance had but I reckon most were good or ok. And he seemed to get lots of the footy. The least of our problems is Alex Rance IMHO.

34 and 17 marks!  Fools were blubbering incessantly about his poor skills

Even if he stuffed up 5 kicks lets say - thats still a terrific game IMHO. :clapping

tony_montana

« Reply #332 on: April 07, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
The final score flattered us but at least it'll keep our % decent going into round 3. We are improving but obviously still a long way off the big boys. When the Pies put their foot down we got blown out of the water. The main positive is we can see the guys who have the class to take our forward and those that don't. Lids stood up against the tide, Cotch's first half was brilliant and of the young guys liked Ellis, Conca and Morris while I gave Batch votes. Add Rance has been good at FB both this and last week.

I don't look at that 5 min burst as them putting their foot down, moreso that it was uncompetitive from us, 5 goals in 20 possessions is unacceptable in afl was incredibly soft! apart from that we just about matched them in all areas all night except for skills  :-[

Agree about the young guys, the defence as a whole looked a lot more settled this week

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: April 07, 2012, 11:05:10 PM »
yeah, batch in for post was definitely an improvement
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #334 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »
God is it over.......thank the Lord, score doesn't reflect how poor we were and are.

Forward structure, accountability and skill level are non existent....

Very disappointed.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: April 07, 2012, 11:07:37 PM »
Great effort from the side and plenty to work with.
Did not take our chances in the 1st half, went AWOL for 10 minutes and then got back on level terms before dominating the last Qtr.
Back line was fantastic!
 Midfield was solid but let down our forwards with poor supply.
Vick's and Jack did not take enough initiative - Jack looked lost for most of the game but I would not hold him solely responsible.

We need one big scalp and it all changes.

Big change from 2011 IMO.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

10 FLAGS

« Reply #336 on: April 07, 2012, 11:11:40 PM »
Thought the commentators were incredibly harsh on rance tonight, yeah he made some errors, but positives>>>>>>>>>negatives by a mile

Dont know how many possessions Rance had but I reckon most were good or ok. And he seemed to get lots of the footy. The least of our problems is Alex Rance IMHO.

Even if he stuffed up 5 kicks lets say - thats still a terrific game IMHO. :clapping

Rance had 82% effective disposal. Thats not bad at all for a bloke who supposedly cant kick.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #337 on: April 07, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
Y&B....please....

And Riewoldt, put him back in the goal square like in his Coleman year Hardwick, stuff around with another player......he is not working where you are putting him...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »
I feel really sorry for the likes of Cotchin and Deledio. You can see these two boys are trying to lift the club by the bootstraps and we just dont have enough soldiers to help them out.

Totally agree
We aint good enough full stop
I never ever want to see Jackson again
Vickery isnt far behind him either

10 FLAGS

« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13:36 PM »
Ben Reid from Collingwood is a very good player. We should target him with a big offer IMHO.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2012, 11:18:57 PM »
Great effort from the side and plenty to work with.
Did not take our chances in the 1st half, went AWOL for 10 minutes and then got back on level terms before dominating the last Qtr.
Back line was fantastic!
 Midfield was solid but let down our forwards with poor supply.
Vick's and Jack did not take enough initiative - Jack looked lost for most of the game but I would not hold him solely responsible.

We need one big scalp and it all changes.

Big change from 2011 IMO.

You must of been at a diifferent game to me
Big change from 2011, we got smashed.
We cannot take a mark inside F 50 and it just goes to show the 'our rookie" player leads the way tonight in marks and goals.
Same as other years, always left to to few players to have an impact
God knows what would of happened without Lids and Cotchin
Our bottome 6 players are useless.
Never want to see Daniel Jackson in yellow and black again
Edwards isnt far behind him either
Tuck is gone

Ruanaidh

« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2012, 11:19:29 PM »

Should start a chant next week if he plays well: 'All we are saying....... is thank god we have Rance'.   

tony_montana

« Reply #342 on: April 07, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »

Rance had 82% effective disposal. Thats not bad at all for a bloke who supposedly cant kick.
stuff me, a holes... Wish BT was still on league teams on 927, I'd call him and tell him again 20 years on "do you know what BT stands for BT? big turd coz that's what you are mate"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »
Y&B....please....

And Riewoldt, put him back in the goal square like in his Coleman year Hardwick, stuff around with another player......he is not working where you are putting him...

Have faith WAT, I thought we played with great intensity for all bar 10 minutes. It actually cost us the game.
We do have a ways to go but the main thing lacking tonight was the inability to take our chances.
In the 1st half, jack and vick's  missed 2 very gettable shots, your mate edwards missed a soda and Miller also missed easy shots.
en
Then we let Collingwood kick 5 goals in 7 minutes.

There's actually a bit to work with here.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: April 07, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »
I feel really sorry for the likes of Cotchin and Deledio. You can see these two boys are trying to lift the club by the bootstraps and we just dont have enough soldiers to help them out.

Totally agree
We aint good enough full stop
I never ever want to see Jackson again
Vickery isnt far behind him either
You have always had a hate on for though Vickers though Jack ;). IMO he is still struggling from that corkie he got in the NAB Cup.