Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 130999 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #480 on: July 05, 2020, 06:52:22 PM »
Strong in the contest, both at ground level and in the air.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #481 on: July 05, 2020, 06:53:23 PM »
Embarrassed by the footage of some of his efforts last week?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #482 on: July 19, 2020, 12:00:28 AM »
Looked a bad hammy as Cads just stopped and couldn't even do a slow jog. Dimma expects him to be out for a while :(

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: July 19, 2020, 12:01:35 AM »
Stack in for Caddy

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #484 on: July 20, 2020, 05:38:02 PM »
Apparently Caddy out for the rest of the home&away season according to SEN.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #485 on: July 20, 2020, 05:45:20 PM »
Bloody hell. Off the bone?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2021, 07:19:18 PM »
what role for this over rated player. been a disappointment for me was expecting a big strong inside player instead we got a bloke who the club has had to look at other roles to justify the hype.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: January 27, 2021, 11:42:20 PM »
Claw: “hrmmmm not much action on the forum these days, which random thread can I pick to post some negative comments  :huh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #488 on: January 28, 2021, 12:19:52 AM »
what role for this over rated player. been a disappointment for me was expecting a big strong inside player instead we got a bloke who the club has had to look at other roles to justify the hype.

Didn't rate his 2018 as a forward? Thought he was good in 17 too. Solid in 19.

FMD he wasn't even in last year's premiership side which speaks volumes about how good we are.

Gee, I bit didn't I. Dumb AT
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #489 on: January 28, 2021, 11:04:56 AM »
Claw: “hrmmmm not much action on the forum these days, which random thread can I pick to post some negative comments  :huh

Ah, yep.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond's plan to ignite Josh Caddy's season (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2021, 03:52:39 PM »
Richmond’s plan to ignite Josh Caddy’s season

GILBERT GARDINER,
Herald Sun
May 4, 2017

RICHMOND could thrust Josh Caddy into the midfield on Saturday night to muscle up around the stoppages against a ferocious Western Bulldogs.

Caddy has been unable to replicate an impressive pre-season when it matters, but Tigers coach Damien Hardwick admitted to playing the midfield bull out of position.

The rugged 24-year-old was lured to Punt Rd from Geelong on a promise of more midfield minutes, but the need for contests up forward forced the change of heart.

“He’s be OK. He could play better, there is no doubt about that,” Hardwick said.

“We probably haven’t settled him in a position — and we probably ask him to play a role that is a little bit outside the scope that we got him here for.

“He hasn’t played as much centre bounce as probably he or I would like (and) that’s because we’ve needed him in other positions.

“Once we settle him down ... I think he will be a lot more influential in and around the contest.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-to-throw-josh-caddy-into-the-midfield-to-ignite-his-season/news-story/9fa4f6b02d4a3a3441d2b4f1b0033ac2

This from hardwick . It still hasn't happened dimma.

Ordinary 2017 just have a look at the first 20 pages of this thread most around here thought so as well.

Very  good 2018 46 goals playing primarily as a fwd was a great return. Lets be honest here now. It has become a choice between Lynch and Caddy and Caddy always losing that one.2018 to date has so far proved to be an abberation.
Alas 2019 he returned to his normal self and 2020 was  ordinary as well.

Lots  around here dont want him on a wing, bloody laughable that move.

Lots have criticised his work as an inside mid, Slow a pretend tough guy who loses way too many one v ones who remains a below average possesion winner who wins too few contested ball doesnt lay a heap of tackles wins few clearances  and is talked up as a pretend tough guy because he gobs off at the opposition and gets involved in a bit of jumper tugging lol.

Imo i think it a perfectly fair question asking what role does he play and should he even be getting a game.

Some rated him bottom 6 in 2017 imo he is still bottom 6 or worse and given that surely it is pertinent to ask the questions.
But hey according to some around here all of our players are outright champions who dont deserve to have their credentialls questioned. Imo Josh is a real good player when its on his terms but pretty ordinary when it isn't.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2021, 08:35:24 PM »
You can question his role, you don’t have to mix that 1 sentence question within an essay potting the guy but I guess that’s just what you do.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: January 30, 2021, 10:28:00 AM »

Caddy was a good upgrade on what we had in 2016 but had clearly become a bottom 6 or even best 25 player now. Other people going miles past him.

2018 was great and if we can fit him in the F50 that's where I'd play him. Jack maybe just move up the ground a little.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #493 on: February 04, 2021, 07:05:59 PM »
Word is he is playing across HB in the scratch matches at training but that may be to just fill in for Bachar who is in rehab.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: February 04, 2021, 08:39:44 PM »
Word is he is playing across HB in the scratch matches at training but that may be to just fill in for Bachar who is in rehab.

Has been training on the HB this summer- not sure why...