Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 105406 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #285 on: September 05, 2022, 08:51:12 PM »
Richmond is making a bold play to remain in premiership contention. Chief Football Reporter @TomBrowne7 revealed the club is going after not one - but two - Giants stars.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1566715354277347328

Tom Browne reckons we can afford both Taranto & Hopper via a combo of Edwards retirement, Cotch & Jack taking a significant pay cut to play on next year, plus the 5% increase in the salary cap next year.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #286 on: September 05, 2022, 08:55:01 PM »
Dimma said he met with hopper today on AFL360.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1566733186662404097

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: September 05, 2022, 09:02:23 PM »
Richmond is making a bold play to remain in premiership contention. Chief Football Reporter @TomBrowne7 revealed the club is going after not one - but two - Giants stars.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1566715354277347328

Tom Browne reckons we can afford both Taranto & Hopper via a combo of Edwards retirement, Cotch & Jack taking a significant pay cut to play on next year, plus the 5% increase in the salary cap next year.

I really doubt we’d be giving hopper 750k a year as well.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2022, 09:05:38 PM »
Jon Ralph on Fox Footy's 'On the Couch' said GWS need a ruckman and Soldo has slipped down the pecking order at Richmond.

So a trade could be something like Soldo plus two first round picks for Taranto and Hopper.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: September 05, 2022, 09:07:01 PM »
How would we afford both Taranto and Hopper?

Only way I see is moving on Dusty.

Makes me wonder if the club thinks dusty could go

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2022, 09:10:23 PM »
Jon Ralph on Fox Footy's 'On the Couch' said GWS need a ruckman and Soldo has slipped down the pecking order at Richmond.

So a trade could be something like Soldo plus two first round picks for Taranto and Hopper.

GWS need a top tier ruck. They have Preuss and Flynn who are both imo better than soldo or at the very least at a similar level. I don’t think they’d be interested at all.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2022, 09:11:19 PM »

I read somewhere today that Hopper has a heart compliant that he has to manage and hence unlikely to cost too much trade wise?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2022, 09:12:23 PM »

Think edwards, lambert and caddys salaries coming off the books alone would cover it if they were all on roughly 400-500k a year.

FooffooValve

« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2022, 09:14:26 PM »

Think edwards, lambert and caddys salaries coming off the books alone would cover it if they were all on roughly 400-500k a year.

And possibly Cotchin and/or Riewoldt. Dimma on 360 tonight wasn't definite about those two playing on. Whereas he was absolutely definite about Dusty.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #294 on: September 05, 2022, 09:22:46 PM »

Reduced contracts for both Cotch and Jack would easily give you a $1 mil

Take out Edwards, Caddy and Lambert and that frees up alot of $$$$

No need to move Dusty at all

And reckon if GWS's salary cap mess is as bad as they saying, then Hopper would easily be in $750k.

That's why they are in the mess they are in, over paying to try and keep their list together. It's back fired big time
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: September 05, 2022, 10:02:15 PM »
Wonder why they haven’t made a play for Dunkley if the reported figures of 650k a year are accurate. Maybe just thought he would cost too much in a trade since the doggies don’t want to lose him while the giants are more than willing to let TT and hopper go.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: September 05, 2022, 10:27:10 PM »

Reduced contracts for both Cotch and Jack would easily give you a $1 mil

Take out Edwards, Caddy and Lambert and that frees up alot of $$$$

No need to move Dusty at all

And reckon if GWS's salary cap mess is as bad as they saying, then Hopper would easily be in $750k.

That's why they are in the mess they are in, over paying to try and keep their list together. It's back fired big time

If Jack is being offered $300k, and let's say Cotch offered maybe $400k, that would mean we've paid then respectively close to $800k and $900k each this year which I didn't think was believable.

I thought both were already on 500-600 at most surely.

Regardless if we don't have to move on Dusty all the better

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: September 05, 2022, 11:13:04 PM »
Worth getting Hopper just so Geelong don't. 

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #298 on: September 06, 2022, 12:55:53 AM »
Richmond would need to give up multiple first rounders in a package.

Likely the No.19 pick that they got from North Melbourne. But Soldo would help clear some more space and help the Giants’ needs.

Taranto is a star. I think he is worth 12 and 19 alone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1566734226976026624

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #299 on: September 06, 2022, 03:18:09 AM »
Tiger71 on the BF Tigercast:

* Taranto a lock. Not 750k mentioned in the media either. He wants to come to us as we can do a fair deal with GWS.

* Hopper to Tigerland now 70% confident.

* Both will get lengthy deals so we can 'middle-end' the contracts after 2024 when Dusty and Lynch come out of contract. Any new deal for Lynch [to be extended next year] will be less than what he is on now. So that we'll free up around $2 million of the cap for 2025 and beyond. Reckons Dusty's contract was front-ended last year for 2022 so he's been paid in advance. That salary will increase by 5% next year and by 20-25% over the next 5 years. So along with the retirements we will have the space for both Taranto and Hopper as well as to afford any future increases in salaries for our own youngsters.

* We have the picks this and next year to trade with. Geelong don't. GWS also still not happy either about Geelong grabbing Jeremy Cameron.

* We want to keep pick 19. So we'll use picks 12, 30, our 1st next year and players to get both deals done. He mentioned 12+30 or 12+next year's first plus a player (assuming he meant a player in both set of picks scenarios).

* Kingsley will evaluate the GWS list and then work out what the Giants need and then ask for Tigers he would like given he knows our list intimately. We've got to trade for Hopper [he also doesn't want to screw his old club either] so we'll have to be prepared to give up someone good. Not Soldo as GWS have rucks coming through. The Giants are screaming for forwards and quick half-back flankers. So Ryan (as a forward), Hugo .... are the sorts Tiger71 feels potentially could go north.

* If we can get both Taranto and Hopper we'll be in a big shot for Green when he finally comes out of contract.

* Needs to confirm if we're after a 22-24 year old lead up/hit up forward he's been told about. Not an A-grader. Limited opportunities but dominating where he is playing.

* Initially said that he was told last night that Stack is "gone". Later modified it to "it's not looking good for him".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sag_ieYTCjc