Author Topic: Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)/ Indefinite Leave  (Read 21006 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)/ Indefinite Leave
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:19 AM »
I know grigg Chaplin hardwick and friends give me depression

Can't blame the poor lad really
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »
I wish the Chris Yarran (the person not the footballer) all the best in his recovery. it can (will) be a very long road for not only the bloke but his loved ones. 

I will continue to keep his health issues separate from the need to bash the club

I don't. He's full of poo and weak pi$$

FHO
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2016, 12:26:33 PM »
And getting paid 500k....
Lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »
Have some respect gents.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2016, 12:29:42 PM »
Someone starves to death every 3.8 secs ... There is no shortage of food

In the grand scheme of the universe yarren feelin sad is not worthy Of that much respect

PC is a bit overrated. Don't boo adam , think of his feelings you racist... Do we need a transgender tolet? Oh my
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:49:47 PM by Stalin »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2016, 12:35:14 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2016, 12:36:26 PM »
All the best to Chris and his family and I hope that one day he can at least return to some sort of a life, be it inside or outside of football. Good luck mate.

Spot on. I wish him and his family the very best in addressing this issue.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-yarrans-future-at-the-tigers-in-doubt-20160518-goyehk.html

Chris Yarran's football future remains clouded with Richmond unable to say when their new recruit will play football at any level for the Tigers or whether he will line up at all this season.

With Yarran due to return back to Melbourne from Perth on Thursday, the management around him remains highly sensitive as he deals with a number of personal issues.

The club revealed on Tuesday that the 25-year-old had returned home to deal with a difficult family situation, but Fairfax Media understands Yarran's emotional issues are more complex.

Chris Yarran's football future remains clouded with Richmond unable to say when their new recruit will play football at any level for the Tigers or whether he will line up at all this season.

With Yarran due to return back to Melbourne from Perth on Thursday, the management around him remains highly sensitive as he deals with a number of personal issues.

The club revealed on Tuesday that the 25-year-old had returned home to deal with a difficult family situation, but Fairfax Media understands Yarran's emotional issues are more complex.

Initially expected to return to playing from pre-season surgery six or seven weeks into the season, the club has removed any time line from Yarran's return to football and has not ruled out him not playing this season.

Those close to Yarran have been highly complimentary of the club's handling of the talented but troubled player.

While Richmond was disappointed at Yarran's physical condition when he arrived at the club after his off-season break, they have allowed the player a number of short leaves of absence to deal with his issues.

Yarran's manager Paul Connors refused to elaborate on his charge's football prospects this year, but confirmed the two would meet before the weekend.

Richmond played down the severity of the Yarran situation.

The superbly talented former Carlton player came to the club as its biggest-name recruit in a trade after a difficult 2015 season with the Blues.

Tigers chief Brendon Gale strongly denied suggestions Yarran might never play for Richmond.

"My understanding was that he was progressing well through rehab," said Gale.

"He's been working with Trent Cotchin. His return may be indefinite but I certainly wouldn't say he won't be back this year.

"There's a fragility to Chris and we all understand that and we obviously knew this recent family news would hit hard."

Soften the blow

Crafty Richmond

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
Hard work girl.
Take the money back and FHO
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2016, 12:47:15 PM »
Oh, and LMAO RFC.
You've done it again.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2016, 01:25:33 PM »
Another Hartley and Dan "gem". Pick 19 was it?

Lmfao what a bunch of simpletons

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
Yarran on indefinite leave as he battles mental health issue

Nathan Schmook and Nick Bowen 
AFL.com.au
May 26, 2016

RICHMOND recruit Chris Yarran will take indefinite leave from the club as he seeks treatment for a mental health condition.

The half-back, who had been in Western Australia last week for personal reasons, has no timeframe for a return to the club.

Richmond released a statement on Thursday morning saying both Yarran and the Tigers' health and welfare staff felt it was in his best interests to seek professional treatment away from the club.

Coach Damien Hardwick said the 25-year-old would be granted as long as he needed to make a full recovery.   

"Chris's health and wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us and there's no timeframe on his return at this stage," he said. 

"He's a great young fella and we wish him the best.

"His health and wellbeing is No.1 for us and however long that takes, that's up to Chris and his practitioners.

"He's a star … we can't wait to have him back and he's an important part of our future."

Yarran is yet to debut for Richmond after crossing from Carlton in last year's trade period in exchange for pick No.19, a selection the Blues used to draft David Cuningham.

The speedster returned to pre-season training in poor condition and was initially troubled by a nagging calf injury.

After making a late bid to be right for round one, he broke down with a left foot injury that required surgery in March to repair the plantar fascia tissue.

Yarran now seems a long shot to play a game in his first season at Richmond.

If you or someone you know suffers from depression or a mental health issue, call beyondblue on 1300 224 636 or visit beyondblue.org.au

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-26/tiger-yarran-placed-on-indefinite-leave

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2016, 02:52:55 PM »
Another Hartley and Dan "gem". Pick 19 was it?

Lmfao what a bunch of simpletons

Unreal.

I wouldn't have picked him regardless of his "easy way out" sickness.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »

In the grand scheme of the universe yarren feelin sad is not worthy Of that much respect

So people suffering depression don't deserve any respect or compassion?

Do you have any idea how serious it can be?

Actually that's  a stupid questioj because clearly you don't

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2016, 04:49:04 PM »
Hopefully that half a million dollars for not playing football makes it easier