Author Topic: Tiges roaring to go (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2884 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiges roaring to go (Herald-Sun)
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:36:51 AM »
Tiges roaring to go
23 December 2007   Sunday Herald Sun
David Reed

IT may only be December but Richmond fans will be heartened to hear their playing list is as healthy as it has been for years with only injured young gun Trent Cotchin yet to start full training.

The No. 2 national draft pick, Cotchin is expected to be back in the main group early in the new year.

Tigers football operations manager Paul Armstrong said several senior players were in a much better position than before the 2007 season.

"In the past couple of years, we had guys like 'Browny' (Nathan Brown) who had complications," Armstrong said.

"And Troy Simmonds is looking really good and Mark Coughlan is going fine, so it's going OK."

The Tigers, who head to Echuca for a community camp in February, recorded a $1.031 million profit and have signed a new naming-rights sponsor for their jumper in Dick Smith Electronics.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22963826%255E19742,00.html

Ox

Re: Tiges roaring to go (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 02:48:59 AM »
"Troy Simmonds is looking really good and Mark Coughlan is going fine, so it's going OK."

LMAO

why bother running a pizscrap article like this.

blx

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 08:56:31 AM »
thats not keeping a low profile  :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:23:59 AM »
Simmo is still only doing non-contact training  ??? and last year the preseason injuries happened after Christmas  :P. Will wait till round 1 before seeing is believing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 02:08:50 AM »
thats not keeping a low profile  :-\

I agree. Be quiet if you say you are going to be.

Also what's this I have read about Cotchin?
Sounds as if he's reinjured the ankle.

Can anyone confirm? :(

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 10:01:56 AM »
rumours on message boards that cotchins ankle isnt coming up ... can  anyone confirm?

richmondrules

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 10:41:42 AM »
rumours on message boards that cotchins ankle isnt coming up ... can  anyone confirm?

The most important thing would be to make sure his ankle is ok before pushing him to play. Many injuries have set backs which does not mean they are chronic. I have had a couple of injuries that took longer than expected to heal but once they did I have had no problem with them. Depressing and worrying at the time but in hindsight not much of an issue.

If he doesn't play until half way through next season I won't be complaining. Would be nice to see him early but I can wait. Would hope he would at least play in the burgers next year. From what I have read it is only the supporters who are expecting Cotchin to play round 1, I don't believe the club has made any such promises.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 02:03:59 AM »
We'll find out the real story when training resumes in a week or two. Hopefully Cotchin doesn't have one of those mysterious RFC "1 week" injuries that last months  :P.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »
My understanding with Cotchin was it was highly unlikely he was going to be doing full training before Xmas. He had an operation on his ankle at the end of Sept and it was a 6-9 week recovery.

I think you may find they are taking (quite rightly) the softly softly, no rushing approach with him. No need to rush he is a kid who's going to be around for more than a decade a late start isn't going to hurt  ;) ;D  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

T2

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 05:57:54 PM »

The most important thing would be to make sure his ankle is ok before pushing him to play. Many injuries have set backs which does not mean they are chronic. I have had a couple of injuries that took longer than expected to heal but once they did I have had no problem with them. Depressing and worrying at the time but in hindsight not much of an issue.

If he doesn't play until half way through next season I won't be complaining. Would be nice to see him early but I can wait. Would hope he would at least play in the burgers next year. From what I have read it is only the supporters who are expecting Cotchin to play round 1, I don't believe the club has made any such promises.

if cotchin is fit he will play at richmond

forget coburg

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »
We'll find out the real story when training resumes in a week or two. Hopefully Cotchin doesn't have one of those mysterious RFC "1 week" injuries that last months  :P.

No Cotchin does not suffer from Rayhallitis MT. :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 06:37:02 PM »
:rollin

Thing rumour is probably garbage on Cotchin but the club has a recent history of talking too soon about players coming back from long-term injuries and being right for round 1 like in the above article :P.

"Brown in top shape" - 8th January 2006.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=2516.0
Browny wasn't anywhere near fully right again until mid 2007.

"Cogs on track for round 1" - 6th January 2007.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=4284.0
A week or two later we're told Cogs' knee never felt stable after the first reco and he needed a second one after slipping in the shower.

Little Jackie

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »
:rollin

Thing rumour is probably garbage on Cotchin but the club has a recent history of talking too soon about players coming back from long-term injuries and being right for round 1 like in the above article :P.

"Brown in top shape" - 8th January 2006.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=2516.0
Browny wasn't anywhere near fully right again until mid 2007.

"Cogs on track for round 1" - 6th January 2007.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=4284.0
A week or two later we're told Cogs' knee never felt stable after the first reco and he needed a second one after slipping in the shower.

Its called ""spin doctoring"" lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 08:39:26 PM »
Yep and all clubs do it as hope sells.

Little Jackie

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 08:42:50 PM »
Yep and all clubs do it as hope sells.

WE do it more than most , even when is miles away from being true.
Take Troy Simmonds for instance ::)