Author Topic: Richmond vs Freo  (Read 22557 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Freo
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
Freo tackled harder and were cleaner with there disposal.....We were out played today by a side that wanted it more....End of story!

A perfect summation.

People bag Lyon, the weather this that
Give me a break

They played a great game

Move on
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »
We flogged the hawks in the wet. No excuse
Simply, as some have said, we were outplayed by a side that wanted it more. The common theme all day was more white jumpers at the contest. That basic fundamental will win you games of football, wet or dry.

It was a pox game to watch,
A pox effort from the tiges,
A pox performance from the umps,
And a pox result.

Overall, it was just pox  :banghead
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2012, 08:26:59 AM »
Their superior physical srength stood out from the beginning, 12 points flattered us imo

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »
Freo tackled harder and were cleaner with there disposal.....We were out played today by a side that wanted it more....End of story!

A perfect summation.

Give me a break

They played a great game

Move on
How in your wildest fantasies could you call that tripe a great game??? Were you there? Did you sit in that rain all day watching one rolling rugby scrum after another, with not one discernible highlight? And Smokey,  this contention that they wanted it more and implicitly deserved the lopsided free kick count that was gifted them is equally spurious. When I take out a football membership, that is exactly what I expect to witness: FOOTBALL. If I want to watch rugby, I'll buy a Melbourne Storm season ticket. End of story.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »
if we r to be a good team we must find ways to play on our terms
ross lyon knows how to beat us , he has never lost v us

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »

A perfect summation.

Give me a break

They played a great game

Move on
How in your wildest fantasies could you call that tripe a great game??? Were you there? Did you sit in that rain all day watching one rolling rugby scrum after another, with not one discernible highlight? And Smokey,  this contention that they wanted it more and implicitly deserved the lopsided free kick count that was gifted them is equally spurious. When I take out a football membership, that is exactly what I expect to witness: FOOTBALL. If I want to watch rugby, I'll buy a Melbourne Storm season ticket. End of story.

Bloke I was there in the rain

Level 1, Row H

I saw a good game played by the Dockers. They were cleaner and more desperate

You see Cotch, Tuck and Morris??
That's how the rest should've played but didn't

That's why we lost

I don't care how he coaches that's not my concern I'd rather focus on why we dropped marks, didn't go in harder and why our players attempt those side kicks that go no where

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »

And Smokey,  this contention that they wanted it more and implicitly deserved the lopsided free kick count that was gifted them is equally spurious. When I take out a football membership, that is exactly what I expect to witness: FOOTBALL. If I want to watch rugby, I'll buy a Melbourne Storm season ticket. End of story.

RR, where on earth did I say or even imply that they deserved the lopsided free kick count?  I haven't mentioned the umpiring in any of my posts about this game and even though I think the umpiring was disgraceful I don't think it had any impact on the final score at all.  What I witnessed was one team who played the right type of football to beat the conditions and their opponent, and another team who played dumb, soft football and had no capacity (or intention seemingly) to change anything to try and win.  We were comprehensively outcoached and that just added to the woes of our playing efforts.  And as far as the game as a spectacle goes, we could have lifted the game above the depths that it ended up in by being smarter in our coaching and much more committed in our on-field efforts but sadly we were lacking in both, hence allowing Freo to dictate the play and style.  They knew the best (maybe only) way they could beat us was to drag the game into the gutter and stifle our run and carry, and they did just that.  Ugly?  Yes, but effective and they got the 4 points.  We play an attractive brand of football and in a perfect world you would like to see all teams play that way but it's about winning premierships and if you have to change it up occasionally to achieve ultimate success then only the dumb or incapable teams would refuse to do that.  And I'm not advocating playing the Freo way every game - like you, I hate watching it - but sometimes you just have to be smart enough to know what is going to work for you on any given week.  Like the old Kenny Rogers song goes - "you've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run".

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »
We won't make the finals this year.

I know some where saying we might get as high as 6th but there's no way.

I reckon it will be a fight to get in but freo will make it.
The only consolation is that I reckon the blues will miss and hopefully we help make sure of this in round 18.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2012, 10:34:33 AM »
Nope not convinced we cant make finals.the competiton is very even this year.Teams will drop games ..We are still very much alive

10 FLAGS

« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2012, 11:02:07 AM »
We won't make the finals this year.

I know some where saying we might get as high as 6th but there's no way.

I reckon it will be a fight to get in but freo will make it.
The only consolation is that I reckon the blues will miss and hopefully we help make sure of this in round 18.

Have to make up yesterdays loss with a shock win somewhere else in the season. Not improbable but we could drop another game like yesterdays that we needed to win. Its gonna be very very hard to makr the eight IMHO.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2012, 11:10:05 AM »
We flogged the hawks in the wet. No excuse
Simply, as some have said, we were outplayed by a side that wanted it more. The common theme all day was more white jumpers at the contest. That basic fundamental will win you games of football, wet or dry.

It was a pox game to watch,
A pox effort from the tiges,
A pox performance from the umps,
And a pox result.

Overall, it was just pox  :banghead

Just about sums it up al, we just didn't turn up!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »

RR, where on earth did I say or even imply that they deserved the lopsided free kick count?  I haven't mentioned the umpiring in any of my posts about this game and even though I think the umpiring was disgraceful I don't think it had any impact on the final score at all.  What I witnessed was one team who played the right type of football to beat the conditions and their opponent, and another team who played dumb, soft football and had no capacity (or intention seemingly) to change anything to try and win.  We were comprehensively outcoached and that just added to the woes of our playing efforts.  And as far as the game as a spectacle goes, we could have lifted the game above the depths that it ended up in by being smarter in our coaching and much more committed in our on-field efforts but sadly we were lacking in both, hence allowing Freo to dictate the play and style.  They knew the best (maybe only) way they could beat us was to drag the game into the gutter and stifle our run and carry, and they did just that.  Ugly?  Yes, but effective and they got the 4 points.  We play an attractive brand of football and in a perfect world you would like to see all teams play that way but it's about winning premierships and if you have to change it up occasionally to achieve ultimate success then only the dumb or incapable teams would refuse to do that.  And I'm not advocating playing the Freo way every game - like you, I hate watching it - but sometimes you just have to be smart enough to know what is going to work for you on any given week.  Like the old Kenny Rogers song goes - "you've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run".

Excellent post smokey  :clapping

Was a ugly game but Freo played the conditions well, we simply played dumb footy. They strangled us with their look down crap and didn't know how to cope

Yep the umpiring was terrible but it wasn't the umpires who had us playing from behind. Basic rule of wet weather footy play in front!

And BTW where I have my reserved seats can tell you people were leaving early = half way through the final qtr
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:40:50 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »
My original comment about this game was that the weather, the umpires and Ross Lyon's butt-ugly tactics all conspired against us yesterday. I suppose I could also have conceded that, yes, we were off our game too. Lids and Martin were well down, the big Mullet played his first shocker for the season, Rance was towelled up, Vickery was a passenger YET AGAIN, we got zippo from mini-Maric and Jacko was just his usual dumb self.  For some reason, most people blame a loss on one factor, (ie, we didn't play well)  rather than looking at the bigger picture which allows for a number of reasons.
But make no mistake, in a 2 goal loss the umpiring was a huge factor. In the last quarter alone, if they'd paid the head high tackle to Morris in front of goal after he drifted forward, we'd have closed to within a point of them, and who knows what would've happened from there.
But even more sickening than that is the idea of giving any praise to Lyon for what his mob did yesterday. He should be roundly condemned, as any coach should be, for bringing the game into disrepute. He thoroughly deserved the vitriol he drew a fortnight ago in their loss to Adelaide. And just because this time his "tactics" worked, doesn't mean he should be praised. That crap is a DISGRACE!     

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »
Tough season anything can happen, needed to win these games to give ourselves a chance, it's what the good sides do.
Seems to me they were more interested in 'Structures' and over possessed in conditions that required a crash bash and get it forward quicker.
Once again we never gave up and apart from Tankers Round 1 haven't looked out of a contest this year.
Victories over Hawks Saints and to a lesser extent the Swans are a great step forward for this club, been a long time coming.
No excuse, we should of been Harder and the conditions suited that absolute disgrace to the game Lyons plan and the Dockers once again were harder in there where/when it counted.
Lyon should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute, but that's another argument.
If we are serious I expect us to come out breathing fire next week and I am gunna have a bit of a tonk on the 100+ margin, set up beautifully.

:bow

the claw

« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »
Their superior physical srength stood out from the beginning, 12 points flattered us imo
whats the answer then. wet or dry in finals the physical strength will come into it more.
still think when the injuries pile up the losses will get bigger and bigger.