Author Topic: Dimma's aftermatch media conference / "Year gets an F": Hardwick  (Read 3505 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VIDEO: Hardwick and Nahas in the post-match media conference ...

http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/483183/Hardwick,%20Nahas%20Press%20Conference/

Year gets an F
By Luke Holmesby
11:46 PM Fri 24 Aug, 2012

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick may be closing out the most successful season of his time at the Tigers, but 2012 has still been a failure in his eyes.

Friday night's win over Essendon was Richmond's 10th victory of the season  and they will be hot favourites to secure an 11th win in next week's season finale against Port Adelaide.

Hardwick, who had not coached more than eight wins in either of his first two seasons at the Tigers said the club could not have a sense of achievement until it made the finals.

"Every season's a fail when you don't make finals, that's the reality of it and that is what we and the media certainly gauge by the importance of the season," Hardwick said.

"We certainly felt we had the capabilities of playing at the level, we just dropped some games we should have won. We've got no one else to blame but ourselves."

The Tigers defeated by Essendon by 45 points on Friday in a game that is unlikely to be remembered for its aesthetic appeal.

The Tigers kicked 13 goals from 37 scoring shots, which Hardwick said was an issue that needed addressing.

"Our ability to finish our work probably wasn't one of the prettiest things. It probably wasn't our best work on the night, we kicked 20-odd points and the wind was relatively swirly out there as we know," he said.

"The thing that was a little bit disappointing was our composure to get the ball inside 50 to a marking target. We've just got to improve in that area."

But Hardwick did say his team's solid finish to 2012 was encouraging and would serve as a launching pad for the 2013 campaign.

"We spoke after the Carlton game (round 18) about wanting to go 5-0, I think we have been 3-1 since that game. We dropped the Fremantle game but they're a good side and we didn't play overly well," he said.

"We're looking to finish off the season well. We're 10-11 now and if we finish off 11-11 it's certainly a stepping stone in the right direction."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145626/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dimma's aftermatch media conference / "Year gets an F": Hardwick
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 06:35:19 AM »
Wow...seems like no excuses to me.....funny how the club and the players can see it.... :whistle

"Hardwick, who had not coached more than eight wins in either of his first two seasons at the Tigers said the club could not have a sense of achievement until it made the finals."Every season's a fail when you don't make finals, that's the reality of it and that is what we and the media certainly gauge by the importance of the season," Hardwick said.

"We certainly felt we had the capabilities of playing at the level, we just dropped some games we should have won. We've got no one else to blame but ourselves."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:53:33 AM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 07:16:42 AM »
Sack the lot of them.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »
Wow...seems like no excuses to me.....funny how the club and the players can see it.... :whistle

"Hardwick, who had not coached more than eight wins in either of his first two seasons at the Tigers said the club could not have a sense of achievement until it made the finals."Every season's a fail when you don't make finals, that's the reality of it and that is what we and the media certainly gauge by the importance of the season," Hardwick said.

Cmon guys please get around and give WAT a round of applause, not to sure what for but he seems proud of himself for soemthing.

FFS 30 years of not give WAT the credit he deserves  :banghead

No excuses give it up to him.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 08:14:41 AM »
wait for it......
wait for it........
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
Hardwick has improved Richmond FC in every season he has been coach. Its great that he considers this to be no good. At least we have a coach who is driven to succeed. :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 08:31:06 AM »
I would say Dimma's judgement of a "F" for  the year is based on the quality of football (or rather lack of it at stages) we are playing. There's still way to big a gap between our best and worst football and our worst is deplorable with all the dumb basic schoolboy errors. I would argue the football we played in the first half of the season against the better sides even in losses was superior to what we've dished up in the second half fof the year even when we've won easily. As we lost players to injury and our lack of depth exposed, the standard of our play has fallen away as well. There's a reason why we are not playing finals this year and that's because we and our thin list ain't good enough to sustain the level required over 22/23 rounds. Dimma must have been doing his head in last night with all the Benny Hill mistakes out there even though we were always going to win.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 09:23:01 AM »
I'm content to finish 11-11 and positive percentage. Definite improvement in my eyes.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 09:43:48 AM »
I would say Dimma's judgement of a "F" for  the year is based on the quality of football (or rather lack of it at stages) we are playing. There's still way to big a gap between our best and worst football and our worst is deplorable with all the dumb basic schoolboy errors. I would argue the football we played in the first half of the season against the better sides even in losses was superior to what we've dished up in the second half fof the year even when we've won easily. As we lost players to injury and our lack of depth exposed, the standard of our play has fallen away as well. There's a reason why we are not playing finals this year and that's because we and our thin list ain't good enough to sustain the level required over 22/23 rounds. Dimma must have been doing his head in last night with all the Benny Hill mistakes out there even though we were always going to win.

Agree with that in stages of games we switch off and stupid basic footy smarts let us down classic example the Freo game at the MCG and suns game and last week to etc.We got to eradicate this all else we cant go forward as a group.I think it comes with maturity and experience to tho guys.He was pulling his head out last night in the box Dimma at times.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 09:59:57 AM »
gotta be happy with a coach who labels the year an F yet still finish with 11 years.

if it was leather face or spud they would be calling it a massive successful year

good on him as i agree the year is barely a pass mark.

waited 30 can wait another. Finals next year :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »
AFRICATiger's ability to constantly draw attention to himself and then play the victim is quite outstanding!  :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »
gotta be happy with a coach who labels the year an F yet still finish with 11 years.

if it was leather face or spud they would be calling it a massive successful year

good on him as i agree the year is barely a pass mark.

waited 30 can wait another. Finals next year :thumbsup

11 years? C'mon daniel, we're allowed to be critical but a bit harsh to suggest he do some time  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »

Well done OE, you removed the name of the person this post was aimed at so it looks like I was trying to make myself look good...

OE: I removed the insults (calling the poster "idiot" twice)

But you didn't remove that persons post form another thread when they abused me...pathetic.

OE: The posts involving the reply "no excuses" to your post in the other thread were removed also as it just resorted into a non-topic slanging match

Double standards on this forum for the chosen ones, always has been.....stuffing joke!!!

Gee let me guess the response from the slimy dogs that usually circle......"leave if you don't like it"

I post less and less on this forum becasue of what its become....no wonder!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:19:49 AM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »
WAT why do you tear up? WGAF if others edit your posts stuff em

Truth is Dimma nailed what you and a few others have said and some don't like it

Have we improved? Yes wins/losses suggest so but overall we have failed as a footy club

Achievement is measured in September not February

Finals 2013..

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »
Could I just ask if there are NO EXCUSES and we failed this year, then where to from here.

Is the term no excuses empty words or how is the premise fulfilled?