Author Topic: Richmond to wear Dreamtime guernsey against Hawthorn.  (Read 11856 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond to wear Dreamtime guernsey against Hawthorn.
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
Great post Redan.

The racists started to move in the moment Goodes complained about being called an ape, aided and abetted by the usual outraged journos. Goodes, complaining about being called an ape was apparently playing the race card.
The lack of action from the AFL over Eddie's King Kong 'joke'-he should have been suspended under the racial vilification code-was appalling.
Then Goodes' comments about Invasion Day were not only taken out of context but the meaning of them was completely ignored.
We were not listening then, and we are still not listening now.
I have to admit I am surprised that it is a minority on this forum who see this for what it is-racism.
It must be confronting for some people (maybe not Smokey or Diocletian) to realise that their views are now in alignment with the likes of Andrew Bolt, who tonight called on Goodes to apologise to the girl that called him an ape.

A lot of the people on this forum are 40+year olds who grew up in the 70s and 80s like myself when racism was pretty rife and as such their value set reflects that era.  Their values wont change as they age, tactics might but when push comes to shove their values wont.  Goodes challenges those values more than Winmar did or Michael Long because Goodes expects more. His values are from the late 80s and 90s when things began to change.  Its as much a generational thing as a personal thing I think
Surely one of the worst posts ever.

Mate, you are yourself being prejudicial against people of a certain age group. Just like racists who make judgements on people due to their skin color or race, you are doing the same with peoples ages. You are being ageist. Just as bad really.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2015, 07:33:14 PM »
A lot of the people on this forum are 40+year olds who grew up in the 70s and 80s like myself when racism was pretty rife and as such their value set reflects that era.  Their values wont change as they age, tactics might but when push comes to shove their values wont.  Goodes challenges those values more than Winmar did or Michael Long because Goodes expects more. His values are from the late 80s and 90s when things began to change.  Its as much a generational thing as a personal thing I think

I'm sometimes asked and I always generally agree that, Yes I'm a racist too.
I usually explain that I was raised in Australian society from the 50s and 60s and thus was taught to be racist. I struggle against it.

Interesting watching The Feed tonight although they had their usual "experts" - Warren Mundine and Charles Perkins who didn't add much to the debate.
What was interesting was seeing the Winmar, Long and Goodes racist incidents.
Had forgotten it was Collingwood in all those cases and it was the Collingwood president Eddie McAllister who made the public comparison between Goodes and King Kong in the days AFTER the girl's ape comment. I note that Eddie McAllister has now come out and warned the Swans cheer squad against responding to racist comments as it could cause a riot.

Poor old Eddie, he just doesn't get it. The cheer squad should not confront people over racism, exactly as Goodes has done, because it may cause public disturbance?
Poor old Nafan, forced to stand alongside Eddie. 

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2015, 12:05:39 AM »
Lucky we got some fat rich white arseholes like Bolt and Alan Jones to tell that "uppity Black" how he should think and act hey?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
If Sydney make it to the gf against us,

Im booing him non stop
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

No More

« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2015, 11:20:13 AM »
Adam Goodes plays the victim and it makes me sick. Alan Jones was absolutely right with everything he said.

From my perspective - Adam Goodes is a highly paid footballer and who comes from a community that claims that people don't know what it feels like to prejudiced against from birth or from being toddlers, I ask the question, what about people with disabilities, they get no respite from anywhere, they get no publicity, a lot end up being long term unemployed living on the poverty line, no one gives a stuff. For me, I would like to see as a nation do more for them than for people like Goodes, if that makes me a racist then bad luck, I call it how I see it, Goodes is up himself and he thinks he is more important than anyone else.

Im 45 years old now, I haven't booed anyone since I was 12 I reckon, If I saw Goodes play footy, I would Boo and I wouldn't give a stuff. I have absolutely no time for him. NONE - he can get stuffed as far as Im concerned.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »
No doubt that some of the booing is racially driven. But plenty of it is theatre.

Finey said it perfectly last night. His neighbour, a Sri Lankan born hawks supporter along with his 2 boys boo'ed Goodes all night. His boys joined in and asked 'why are we booing' his Dad laughed and said 'because it's fun and Goodes plays for the opposition'

It's been handled awfully. The entire AFL community has been labelled racists from idiots in politics, newspapers and top end of the AFL.

AFL have plenty of villains and plenty of heroes. Goodes wants to desperately be a hero as does the AFL. The more it's forced the wrong way the worse it gets. Not racism, albeit no doubt some racists have joined in and fuelled fire.

Adam Goodes is the John Cena of the AFL.
Go Tigers!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2015, 12:06:29 PM »
\what about people with disabilities, they get no respite from anywhere, they get no publicity, a lot end up being long term unemployed living on the poverty line, no one gives a stuff. For me, I would like to see as a nation do more for them \

Were they special needs kids running out with the players last night and also playing at half time? Not that I'm disagreeing with what you say, in fact it probably highlights what you are saying because of the fact I even have to ask because it wasn't made obvious

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2015, 12:19:27 PM »
Very proud of the RFC this week & last night for the way the club represented its playing list, members and the Korin Gamadji Institute.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
first and foremost forget about the booing for a second. I agree with a lot of what all have said. My question and i only have 1.

If it, or anything is affecting someone's welfare would you stop doing it or continue to to do it?

I dont know if it is for certain, only he can answer that, but lets assume it is so would it be enough for you to move on and let it go even if its till the end of the year.

Your answers would do a lot to describe what type of person you are.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2015, 01:58:01 PM »
first and foremost forget about the booing for a second. I agree with a lot of what all have said. My question and i only have 1.

If it, or anything is affecting someone's welfare would you stop doing it or continue to to do it?

I dont know if it is for certain, only he can answer that, but lets assume it is so would it be enough for you to move on and let it go even if its till the end of the year.

Your answers would do a lot to describe what type of person you are.

Welfare

Nice word
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2015, 02:12:15 PM »
Would have preferred to see our sash after the win, not some propaganda jumper worn for a staged agenda.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2015, 02:44:11 PM »

Well quick, you better go and express your moral outrage in the twitter echo chamber with all the rest of the ladies of the new church like a good little Social Justice Warrior/online slacktivist...maybe even create a snappy, self-righteous little hashtag that will trend and be reported as legitimate news by Fairfax & The Guardian.... failing that, just shoot off an email to Ruby Hamad....

www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/istandwithadam-social-media-campaign-rallies-for-sydney-swans-star-adam-goodes-20150731-gip9p9.html

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:11:59 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
#illridewithyougoosey

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »
#istandtopiss
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2015, 05:46:30 PM »

Well quick, you better go and express your moral outrage in the twitter echo chamber with all the rest of the ladies of the new church like a good little Social Justice Warrior/online slacktivist...maybe even create a snappy, self-righteous little hashtag that will trend and be reported as legitimate news by Fairfax & The Guardian.... failing that, just shoot off an email to Ruby Hamad....

www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/istandwithadam-social-media-campaign-rallies-for-sydney-swans-star-adam-goodes-20150731-gip9p9.html

Look at me, look at me.

:thumbsup