Author Topic: Nathan Broad [merged]  (Read 93370 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nathan Broad [merged]
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:15:30 PM »
Welcome to Punt Rd, Nathan.

:)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 02:09:50 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 67 - Nathan Broad
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:16:46 PM »
Nathan Broad

Player bio
Former club:   Swan Districts
Height:   191cm
Weight:   83kg
Position:   Defender

2015 Statistics
Games:   -
Goals:   -
Avg Kicks:   -
Avg Marks:   -
Avg Hballs:   -

A mature-age versatile defender who impressed with his consistency for Swan Districts in the WAFL this season. He averaged 19 disposals and six marks and provides great run and carry off half-back. Has made significant improvements in his decision-making and kicking over the past 18 months, and demonstrated his explosive speed by winning the repeat sprints test at the WA state combine. At 22 he is hungry for an opportunity and has attracted plenty of interest from AFL clubs.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:13 PM »
Well at least we grabbed another stuffing defender.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »
Goodbye Batchelor and welcome Broad :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:49 PM »
Looks as though he can kick both sides so thats always a plus.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »
This one should be a Claw special, I look forward to hearing his first hand analyst of the young man

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 09:20:07 PM »

You can't have batchelors when you've got broads....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »

You can't have batchelors when you've got broads....

Very good :clapping :clapping

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 09:21:45 PM »
Not bad, dark lord. Not bad at all....

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »
I liked another tall kid from swans Dylan Smith. The one i would have loved for us to get was Marcus Adams from wp. Real good size and at 22 ready to go. The other was Hartley the best state league kpd in the country imo.
Was Jesse Glass- McCasker drafted also from swan districts another real athlete and lovely size at 196/92.
I see Sam Menegola got drafted at 66 good luck to him if state league form is an indicator he will do well this time around.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 09:50:44 PM »
I liked another tall kid from swans Dylan Smith. The one i would have loved for us to get was Marcus Adams from wp. Real good size and at 22 ready to go. The other was Hartley the best state league kpd in the country imo.
Was Jesse Glass- McCasker drafted also from swan districts another real athlete and lovely size at 196/92.
I see Sam Menegola got drafted at 66 good luck to him if state league form is an indicator he will do well this time around.
Glass-McCasker missed out, claw. Available in the rookie draft.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
From the Richmond recruiters
richmondfc.com.au
24 November 2015

Playing as a dashing defender, Nathan enjoyed a strong season at WAFL level with Swan Districts, averaging 20 disposals in 20 games.

The 22-year-old also managed to shut down some of the most dangerous forwards in the WAFL competition.

Broad was a standout at the West Australian state screening in October, running 24.04 seconds in the repeat sprint (better than any player in the national Combine) and recording a third-best beep test (level 14.1).

Originally from Wubin (about 250km north east of Perth), Nathan relocated to Perth when he was 16 and attended Governor Stirling High School on a sports scholarship.

Having been part of the Swan Districts’ development program for five years, he will enter the AFL system as a ready-made, mature-age player, who has the athleticism and competitiveness to play on tall and small forwards.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-11-24/2015-national-draft-pick-67-nathan-broad

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 09:52:16 PM »

Glass-McCasker wasn't picked up - hope we take him or Hartley in the rookie draft.....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 10:03:09 PM »

Glass-McCasker wasn't picked up - hope we take him or Hartley in the rookie draft.....
Hartley was taken after our third pick.