Author Topic: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]  (Read 64117 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2021, 02:43:46 AM »
Riley Collier-Dawkins featured for the Tigers in the second half after an impressive pre-season and picked up eight touches in his first outing for the Tigers, impressing with his work at stoppages and catching the eye with a final-quarter blind turn.

Source: AFL website

Disposals    8  ... ( 3k, 5h, 2c, 7u, 37.5% eff.)
Marks        1
Tackles      1
Clearances  0
Inside 50s   2
Metres gained 105
Score inv.   1
ToG%      39
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 03:19:23 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2021, 04:30:57 AM »
Finished 3rd for pressure acts with 19 from 39% game time.

https://twitter.com/P_T_Ager/status/1368681652013068288

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2021, 07:55:17 AM »
Is that impressive around stoppages?

No clearances and 1 tackle in 39% game time?

Got some ball, no.problem, not overly efficient though.

Hope he has a good year but he'll have to do more than that.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Riley Collier-Dawkins: 2021 expectations?
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2021, 08:51:27 PM »
I had high expectations. But they have waned.

How many opportunities does this kid need? 

It looks as though RCD doesn’t have what the selection committee want. I’d suspect both mums would be seriously concerned he continuously gets overlooked for newer players.

I mean Prestia out and Martyn comes in ahead of him.  Obviously isn’t demanding selection.

I still want to see him play so I can see for myself but I’ve almost lost all hope for him now.

Who watches the VFL. What’s missing from his game?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 09:25:12 PM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2021, 10:13:32 PM »
At this rate Parker Cotchin will debut before him....... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2021, 08:05:32 AM »
Agreed. Meatball out, Cotchin finishing the game on ice...you'd think this is his chance. Guess he's not up to it...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2021, 08:39:44 AM »
Agreed. Meatball out, Cotchin finishing the game on ice...you'd think this is his chance. Guess he's not up to it...

"Guess he's not up to it", really?

Or maybe this week when looking at the opposition the decision was the players coming in are what we need to beat Port; so there isn't a role for him this week? Or maybe it's taken a while to get over the concussion and he hasn't recaptured the form he showed prior to be KO'd...

Ross is in for Prestia.... he plays the same sort of role . It is like for like size and style wise  Think it was pretty clear from Dimma's presser that the only reason Cotch is playing is because of the 2 senior outs (Prestia & KMac). Martyn is an inside player like Cotchin... again like for like.

Houli comes in for Eggmolesse-Smith ... like for like... also frees up Edwards

Caddy goes and Mansell comes in. With his pace and running ability he can take on the running wingman role or rebounding HB role if we need to free up someone else.

Naish was supposedly one of our best last week and he didn't get a gig either... 

Dimma has said a number of times (this year & in previous years) they always expected RCD to take longer to develop but they believe he will be a good player... have to say after 3 flags in 4 years I'll back the Club in on Riley

I feel for the kid. He doesn't get picked and he's supposedly "not up to it", isn't taking his "opportunities" or demanding selection. They play him (and they will) and he doesn't get 30 odd touches and a rising star nomination and you'd almost guarantee he will get lambasted....  :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2021, 09:14:45 AM »

Sheesh, have I hit a nerve?

The idea that they'll play Cotchin because Prestia and KMac are out is concerning. It makes me wonder if he's not right to go 100%. Is it worth risking him this early in the year?

What role will RCD play? I was under the impression it's inside mid. With Prestia out and Cotchin either sore or tight (risking a soft tissue here) I think it's not a bad idea to play someone else like Ross or RCD. Or Martyn for that matter. But why Martyn or Ross over RCD? Is RCD not ready enough and those two are?

Mansell should be playing backline somewhere, not wing.

Egg out for Houl, no brainer.

Caddy you'd think will be replaced by either Pickett or Edwards on a wing. But yes you do wonder why with a wing position or two up for grabs we aren't trying someone like Naish or Ralph. At least with Naish we've seen him play and many have doubts. Hopefully misplaced doubts.

For RCD though... How many quality players have you seen that were drafted but not debuted within their first two years? It's a little concerning for me. I hope you're right and he needs time or his chance hasn't come yet, but given how often he's been emergency, how great his pre-season apparently was, how close he was to debut last year with shorter quarters...surely it makes you wonder if he's just not ticking the boxes?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2021, 10:51:24 AM »
have downgraded expectations to zero

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2021, 11:20:52 AM »

Sheesh, have I hit a nerve?

Nope just posting an opinion....

The idea that they'll play Cotchin because Prestia and KMac are out is concerning. It makes me wonder if he's not right to go 100%. Is it worth risking him this early in the year?

Did you not listen to Dimma's presser on Wednesday? He said:

"In theory we had three six-day breaks, so ideally we probably thought and spoke about management of one of those games - but obviously with Dion going out, plans changed pretty quickly.

Pretty clear that with Dion Prestia out they changed their thinking on resting Cotchin. Why? I don't know, not saying I agree with it but that's what they've done...

For RCD though... How many quality players have you seen that were drafted but not debuted within their first two years? It's a little concerning for me. I hope you're right and he needs time or his chance hasn't come yet, but given how often he's been emergency, how great his pre-season apparently was, how close he was to debut last year with shorter quarters...surely it makes you wonder if he's just not ticking the boxes?

And how many top end draft picks have we seen play immediately (too soon) and they are gone within 4 years?

We did that in the past and thankfully we don't do it now because we don't need to

CCJ has been on the list longer than RCD and has played 1 game. I don't see the same concerns about him not getting games. Miller's been on the list for 3 years, no games. Naish 3 years for 3 games... Way I see it there is now a very clear plan around our players being developed and it is a good thing

As I said I will back the coaches in regarding the kids development. If they think he's not ready or there isn't a role for him this week or next week then so be it.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2021, 12:44:33 PM »
Re: Cotch. I'm not talking about resting him in general. He finished last game on ice. I hope he isn't tight in the hammies again before flying to SA. If they decided not to rest him then that's fine but if they're choosing to risk him because Prestia is out that would be concerning.

As for the rest, sure plenty of high picks haven't made it. Is that because they were played too soon? Happy to assess case by case but I think if a bloke is good enough they'll make it, early debut or not. See Dusty and Cotch.

CCJ would likely have played last year and maybe this year if not for his suspension. I'm still not convinced on him tho.

Miller I don't think will make it. Naish I'm thinking 2:1 won't make it.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2021, 03:52:50 PM »
People should keep the faith on RCD, CCJ and Miller.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2021, 07:06:27 PM »
I’ve got the feeling RCD might be alittle too soft for the big leagues 

I haven’t seen him play but match committee decisions makes me think he’s possibly to Kleenex at this stage - possibly a tad scared and wimpish.

Am I wrong?
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2021, 10:42:43 PM »
RCD must be confused watching martyn thinking how do these blokes get games ahead of me. Granted he couldn’t play but dimma wouldn’t have played him anyway

Martyn was very disappointing and cost us momentum. It was like playing with 2 less men.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2021, 10:44:55 PM »
You're all wrong.

He's the same as CCJ (200cm) and Miller (198cm) in that he just needs time to develop his huge frame.